Evas Gear (What Am I Missing :(?)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Evas gear (What am I missing :(?)
Evas gear (What am I missing :(?)
 Sylph.Kozuki
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-28 19:47:44  
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=153373

What am I missing/what can I change to this evas gear set?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-28 19:52:16  
Triton earring/Novia

Wivre mask+1 (though I wouldn't recommend giving up 10 acc for 1 eva).

Wivre ring+1 instead of ulthalam's

Raven Hose

Dance shoes+1
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-28 19:53:21  
Goblin Cracker!
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-28 19:53:38  
Any NQ stuff that isn't uber expensive?

I forgot goblin cracker had evas...
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-28 19:55:51  
Could hope to get lucky on an Augment too. I've seen quite a few Death Rings with Evasion+6 augment. (From ACP finale)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-28 19:56:03  
Fenrir's stone for night.

What do you consider cheap? raven hose only 200k.
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-28 19:56:15  
Ermine's tail, Fenrir's stone.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-28 19:57:16  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Fenrir's stone.
HA! I beat you to the punch for once. It's usually the other way around. I feel great :)
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-28 20:00:20  
I need to do fenrir <_<

Cheap is like 5k!
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-28 20:00:38  
Can you dual Wield Dakini(?) both with AGI/EVA+, if So Azoth or Ermine's Tail for the sole purpose of evasion have lost a lot of their allure.
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-28 20:01:27  
You can DW them yes, but doing multiple dagger trials is a bit suicidal...
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-28 20:03:36  
Getting Ermine's tail is about equally suicidal though if your luck sucks like mine. :x
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-28 20:05:13  
I go 0/9000000000000 on every item in the universe.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-28 20:11:26  
The Dakini with Additional Effect: Lowers Accuracy+10 might be worth a look as well. I doubt point for point, you could find a better evasion improvement.

Just a few notes though, and mind you this is off the Severance with AddEff.: Def Down, so it may not be entirely accurate for all cases. The Additional Effect Procs 25% of the time regardless of the target (Thus far, tested on EP all the way up to NM's like Shadowsoul and it holds true, but there may be certain Monsters that behave differently) for a 10% decrease in Defense. The Effect is fairly brief, only around 30-60s but the rate makes up for that mostly. <Edit, removed dumbassery>
(*)Oh, and the effect does not overwrite itself, so this can give the impression of a lower than 25% Proc rate, but when the effect wears, it's rare to see the effect take longer than 5 strikes to activate, and not uncommon for it to activate on the first.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-28 20:30:25  
"The biggest damning factor, and likely the deciding factor would be this piece of info: The effect will not happen while under the effect of "Samba". I'd imagine that's a big (!) For a dancer, but this is still an option that could be considered."

Are you sure? My adder proc's just fine when I'm sambaing, I think it just takes the place of the samba proc.
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-28 20:36:17  
When my dakini did lightning damage it procced 24/7 with sambas up.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-28 20:47:10  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
"The biggest damning factor, and likely the deciding factor would be this piece of info: The effect will not happen while under the effect of "Samba". I'd imagine that's a big (!) For a dancer, but this is still an option that could be considered."

Are you sure? My adder proc's just fine when I'm sambaing, I think it just takes the place of the samba proc.

So far yes, You're on the stage where the Additional Effect: Damage procs, but not the additional Effect: Status down. That was consistent with my experience. During the quest to upgrade from Earth Damage to Defense Down+5, The Additional effect: Earth Damage was activating over samba, however this was not the case on on the next stage. It could have just been incredibly bad luck, but I had samba on and the effect did not activate for 46 strikes, when Samba wore, the Additional effect kicked in immediately. Also, this is with the Scythe, it is possible 2handed weapons behave differently than their single-handed counterparts, but it is equally possible they do not.

I am actually doing a Skeggiold (Add.Eff.Def.Down+5) right now with BST/DNC so I can answer that question with more certainty in about 20minutes.

Edit: good news, I just confirmed I was wrong, at least in the case of Skeggiold, the Additional Effect: Defense down Activated with samba up. In a rare case of lolinternetz, I've never been so happy to be a total moron.
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-28 20:58:19  
What's the def down and evas down %'s on procs and % to proc?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-28 21:06:11  
From Brief testing against a PLD on DRK (The only way to really find a High defense mob) The Effect appears to be 10% (So accurate with the help text). I cannot comment on Evasion down potency, but the Help text is the same, so one can assume such until more data is presented.

A base attack of 479 yielded a High Defense EM Nickle Quadav. Equipping Gear to 531 attack is what got it to finally check Just Low Evasion. One Proc of the Defense down ON severance yielded the same results at 479 attack as 531. So the effect is quite potent. The Rate of activation, as I said before, seems to be between 25-33%. Certainly not entirely conclusive tests, but for all the targets I've attacked (The most difficult being the Campaign Boss Shadowsoul) the Effect still maintains that 25% activation rate. Day/Weather also did not seem to have any effect. Iceday/Blizzard 31% rate, Windsday/Windy 28%. Earthday 28%, Thunderstorms/Thunderday 30%. So all within an acceptable margin of error.

If you're going to parse it yourself, to get a real accurate result, you have to turn after it activates and continue attacking after it wears, it's the only way to really see the true rate, since it won't overwrite itself.
 Seraph.Gilhaven
サーバ: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-04-28 21:43:03  
Emissary Boots and patrician cuff's...but that kinda blows the whole "on the cheap" plan outta the water. Maybe something to work towards? Nice set up tho so far.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-04-29 03:31:01  
Sylph.Kozuki said:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=153373

What am I missing/what can I change to this evas gear set?

This is a set I made up for NIN a looooong time ago, it's probably missing some really awesome stuff from the update(s) and such, but meh.

A lot of that should be transferrable to a DNC~

EDIT: At a glance, you'd need new hands/legs/ammo. As someone said, Patricians Cuffs would cover you hands.

Raven legs would cover the highest Eva you could get there.

And then ti'd be a toss up between Cracker or Stone for more eva at night/little eva all the time.
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-04-29 03:39:32  
AGI plays a good role in evasion as well as parrying, so its also something not to look over if you can get it.

For instance, Antares harness has 8AGI and 8EVA, roughly balances out to about 11~12 EVA plus the bonus to Parry.

Empress Hairpin, same EVA as Optical hat and AGI bonus to boot.

You can get 2 of the AGI+eva Dakini if i remember they're only EX/AUG. If not get Ermine's Tail.

Dak/Dak or Erm/Dak.
Emp(Wiv+1 Also good)/Eva.Torq/Nov./Orich+1
Ant(scorp+1 Also)/Patric.Cuffs/Wivre+1/Alert
Boxers/ScoutersRope(?)/Raven/Dance+1

Raven can be interchangeable with the ASA Legs if you have nothing else to waste them on. Same can be said for the ACP Body, AGI+5/Eva+10 is a nice combo again, only if you can get nothing better off it.

I dunno about ranged items for Dancer though :\

Probably missing a lot haven't looked at a good Eva build in a while.

As for affordable upgrades... I cannot see any for you at this time, but the above would probably be a rather "ideal" set up.
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
サーバ: Phoenix
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-04-29 05:18:07  
I thought Emissary Boots were > hq dance shoes due to the skill + and the extra parry...

I'm probably wrong due to that just being a guess.
 Sylph.Skinner
By Sylph.Skinner 2010-04-29 06:13:47  
Also depends heavily on what you're fighting. You might have reached the evasion cap on the monster you're fighting making it pointless to stack more on. Therefore looking into things such as, is X Evasion > Y Haste for this slot, depending on whether gaining TP & lowering Utsesumi recast is more valued over the evasion boost. Is Rajas Ring (for its subtle blow, slowing down time between mob TPing you) more effective than +3 evasion from a Wivre Ring +1?... So many variables you just have to adapt to the situation at hand. Futhermore items such as:

Tatami Sheild, yes it has evasion too, but for it's killer effect proc. Once you reach the cap on evasion Killer Effects are additional ontop of your evasion. This is why i rate this sheild.
Shadow Ring, obvious reasons.
etc.. (I'm sure there are more it's just these are the ones i use)

These types of items are really useful to your setup ONLY if you have reached the eva cap on the mob you're fighting. I understand you're talking about DNC here but for any other jobs you want to create a EVA set for.

I see your from sylph you can just send a /tell i'll try and help some more if required!
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
サーバ: Unicorn
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-04-29 06:55:49  
Some other suggestions:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=15014

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=11483

Not the cheapest items or the easiest to get but for most jobs they are about the best you can get for eva.