Games You Regret Ever Playing..

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Games you regret ever playing..
Games you regret ever playing..
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 19 20 21
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-04-30 20:57:01  
Remora.Laphine said:
The only issue i think ff8 has is Ultimecia. She is not a remarkable antagonist. Now that i think about it maybe that's why ppl hate this ff so much? Specially after the engodly Sephirot. FF8 has that kind of plot twist where a new and more powerful enemy that you never heard about before suddenly becomes that new boss in the game. This kind sucks, and i actually don't like that type of storytelling. A prefer stories with a single strong antagonist. Still, i loved the junction system and i enjoyed the romance pictured in the game very much. That's what makes me love ff8 more than any other ff, even though it doesn't have the "poweful enemy that i need to fight against from the start to the end of the game" concept.
Cerberus.Ferth said:
In final fantasy 8, halfway through the story the decide to tell you that everyone grew up together, there was no lead in, there was no justification and quite honestly they could have made the story without the plot point entirely, but they decided to cram it in and use the junction with guardian forces as a vehicle for a totally pointless sensationalist plot point.
Perhaps there was no lead in and you could not even fathom this to happen, but certainly there was a justification. Cid. He was the one that separated everyone in their childhood and he was the one responsable for bringing them together later. It's been nearly 10 years since the last time i played the game, but i think this was explained openly around the end of the third cd. It was something about Cid and Matron expecting Ultimecia to act, so they decided to create SeeD to fight agaisnt her (yeah everything was always about her from the very begining) and they used the children at the orfanage as soldiers. Well, it's been so long so i'm not sure now. Matron would inherit Ultimecia's powers and they decided to "train" those 6 children to fight and kill her. Something like that. Also not everyone had lost their memories. There was a point where Irvine says he knew/remembered everyone all from the day they met at Galbadia, but decided to play along with the "i never met you before". He was the only one that didn't use GFs or was not exposed to them for very long (because galbadia didn't make use of them), something on that line. But all this debate makes me want to play these games again. I played them when i had 13-15 years old, i wonder what i would think about their stories with an adult perpective. (Although im very much tired of both materia and junction systems lol)

People hate FFVIII because it isn't FFVII, and because it has plot holes that are only explained OUTSIDE of the game (Like Ultimania) as well as Rinoa seems to always be in trouble, and Squall is a loner, due to being abandoned for most of his life, many people thing Squall is emo, so they fear that Cloud is being threatened by Squall.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-04-30 21:04:18  
Pandemonium.Kajidourden said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Pandemonium.Kajidourden said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Final Fantasy IX is incredible, I think I prefer VIII over it slightly due to it being the first I played, but the characters and system in IX are fap worthy. VI will always be the best imo though, I've yet to play an FF game that tops it.
Loved VI, it's tied with IX for my fave.
Kefka will always be the best villain imo, Far better than mummy's boy lol.
Kefka; Destroying things for the lulz. Sephiroth; Killing people because of how people deviated from the Ancients ways.. which has nothing to do with Sephiroth. Kuja; Starts a war and decides that if he dies, everyone dies, in short, plans to go out with a bang.
I always though Kuja was the most successful of the villains. I too loved ix. Besides, he goes Trance and destroys an entire *** world with one spell, that's redonculous
I was always disappointed as to how simple Kuja was to beat in IX, they should of at least made him a challenge even though you technically lose at the end of the Kuja fight lol.
Agreed. He did all those things, destroying multiple cities, taking a mega flare to the face, etc, and then a bunch of rag-tag warrior take him out lmao. Admittedly that made 0 sense :D

After learning of his mortality, Kuja went borderline insane, making him more unpredictable, and less strategic. His pseudo-trance simply boosted his power and made him more durable, but not invincible. It's like if you play baseball, and get pissed, then start swinging the bat wildly; maybe you'll hit the ball, but probably not. You could say his abilities weren't that lethal bucause he was unfocused and angry. Then, when he finally gave up... BAM!! He casts Ultima, which simply killed by raw power.
 Cerberus.Ferth
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-05-01 00:55:34  
My feelings toward ff8 have nothing to do with my feelings about ff7, the comparison was mentioned elsewhere so I figured I would elucidate.

There really isn't any argument anyone can make that will change my mind about the orphanage scene in 8. It doesn't matter how it was explained or how it fits in the story it was just done badly, it is weak story telling.

The absurdity in conjunction with the delivery just make it... bad.

They could have easily had a similar back story involving cid and maybe squall and quistis that could have tied together cid and ednea and squall without trying to filch off "oh hey every key character in the game grew up together but no one remembers it." Hell they could have even made reference to it in the first couple hours of the game with quistis and uh... the other one... the monk one. But they don't.

ZELL! that's his name, right?

It's perfectly fine if you could look past that and still enjoy the game. I couldn't.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-05-01 03:30:49  
I read this thread and I have to disagree with alot of people lol.

Jet force Gemini was awesome. First 4 player multiplayer I actually enjoyed on the N64.

Oblivion I have just barely started to play but I enjoy it because there are things I can do on this RPG that I can't do on other games in this genre all in on game. Its a little too much tho.

I enjoy all FF regardless. 8 was odd but so was 2 and arguably No one is more *** and more emo then Tidus from 10. I mean come the *** on. Gayyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

For me, worst game I ever played hmmmm

too many to think of but a recent one:

Star Ocean the Last hope. Looked just like the Ps2 SO till the end of time. I knew after 2 hours of game play i was in for more extensive dungeons that just never end. :) Also it looks shitty on Ps3. GO GO GO xbox360 for limiting the port to Ps3.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-05-01 03:33:34  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
I read this thread and I have to disagree with alot of people lol.

Jet force Gemini was awesome. First 4 player multiplayer I actually enjoyed on the N64.

Oblivion I have just barely started to play but I enjoy it because there are things I can do on this RPG that I can't do on other games in this genre all in on game. Its a little too much tho.

I enjoy all FF regardless. 8 was odd but so was 2 and arguably No one is more *** and more emo then Tidus from 10. I mean come the *** on. Gayyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

For me, worst game I ever played hmmmm

too many to think of but a recent one:

Star Ocean the Last hope. Looked just like the Ps2 SO till the end of time. I knew after 2 hours of game play i was in for more extensive dungeons that just never end. :) Also it looks shitty on Ps3. GO GO GO xbox360 for limiting the port to Ps3.

i agree with all but the ff10...and idk how tidus was emo....cause he seemed to be the opposite to me lol. and 10 was badassleapfrog. u crazy!

*slaps u with his white glove* i challenge u to a dual good sir! pistols at delfucks tower!
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-05-01 03:36:24  
Only people who's first FF was either 7 or 10 say that 10 was awesomeshithoebag.

Don't get me wrong. Great game. But when you find yourself more involved with your supporting cast the the main character because everytime he talks you want to tell him to stfu and quit being so lame. He's like a FF frat boy. I mean he is a jock but ***, your dad is sin, wah wah wah wah stfu. Auron was the ***! and Lulu needed a hard double penting dicking ya meeeennnn lol.

For me my first FF was FF1 on NES. I was 5. I'm 22 now. FF is in my blood.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-05-01 03:44:01  
i agree he was a bit over the top "lets all make ***better come on guys rawr rawr rawr" but still the game was great.

and my first ff was 6 which is my favorite so ff6orgtfo.

and..if you read the thread u would see that i wasnt a fan of lolff7. i mean i liked the gameplay but the story was too confusing and i was too young to understand it all in 1 playthrough lol.

"and....gay secks" <---if someone can guess what thats from i will /bow
 Leviathan.Duvessa
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Duvessa 2010-05-01 03:46:21  
FF9... just... never got into it at all.
 Shiva.Daimos
サーバ: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-05-01 03:47:06  
I'm not a fan of 7 either, tactics was my first taste of the series, followed by 9.

I know there are very few FF9 fans ... all alone...Still my favorite of them all.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-05-01 03:47:59  
I was an established fan of the series when I picked up 7 but I had actually skipped 6 and only played it after I finished 9. I was amazed that I let 6 miss my detection as it stands proudly in my list of all time favorite FFs: perhaps you would agree in my list in no particular order really:

FF4
FF7
FF12
FF9
FF3
FF1
FF8
and what i've played of 13 so far I approve (chapter 11 now)

see how I left out 11. See what I did thur?
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-05-01 03:49:03  
Shiva.Daimos said:
I'm not a fan of 7 either, tactics was my first taste of the series, followed by 9. I know there are very few FF9 fans ... all alone...Still my favorite of them all.

OH i forgot tactics! I own the PS1 version, and the 2 GBA spin offs lol. and I loved 9 so much! Garnet = my wife ^^
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-05-01 03:53:40  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
I was an established fan of the series when I picked up 7 but I had actually skipped 6 and only played it after I finished 9. I was amazed that I let 6 miss my detection as it stands proudly in my list of all time favorite FFs: perhaps you would agree in my list in no particular order really:

FF4
FF7
FF12
FF9
FF3
FF1
FF8
and what i've played of 13 so far I approve (chapter 11 now)

see how I left out 11. See what I did thur?

i dont see 6 in your list. unless u mean 3? from nintendo?

and im a ff9 fan too. was a fun and good game. think ppl didnt like it cause it went from omgff7 to wtf did they do to the graphics ff8 back to wtf ff7 graphics again? but yeah ff13 was ok. but srsly....snow is = to tidus in his "lets save everything" crap
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-05-01 03:54:11  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Shiva.Daimos said:
I'm not a fan of 7 either, tactics was my first taste of the series, followed by 9. I know there are very few FF9 fans ... all alone...Still my favorite of them all.

OH i forgot tactics! I own the PS1 version, and the 2 GBA spin offs lol. and I loved 9 so much! Garnet = my wife ^^

I <3 all the tactics games, even FFTA and FFTA2

I think why I fell in love with 9 so much is because after playing tactics, seeing the familiar pointy blackmage hat on Vivi, and the whitemage cloak on garnet(in the beginning CS's), was sort of a sense of nostalgia.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-05-01 03:56:49  
Shiva.Daimos said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Shiva.Daimos said:
I <3 all the tactics games, even FFTA and FFTA2 I think why I fell in love with 9 so much is because after playing tactics, seeing the familiar pointy blackmage hat on Vivi, and the whitemage cloak on garnet(in the beginning CS's), was sort of a sense of nostalgia.

For me those were marks of FF1 and FF3. What is so great about 9 is it has references to FF 1-6 hidden everywhere. So if your a die hard fan, it was like watching a Marvel vs DC crossover event. Like OMFG BATMAN JUST BANGED PHOENIX AND CYCLOPS IS A *** AFTER ALL. sorta.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-05-01 03:58:40  
Leviathan.Phenomena said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
I was an established fan of the series when I picked up 7 but I had actually skipped 6 and only played it after I finished 9. I was amazed that I let 6 miss my detection as it stands proudly in my list of all time favorite FFs: perhaps you would agree in my list in no particular order really: FF4 FF7 FF12 FF9 FF3 FF1 FF8 and what i've played of 13 so far I approve (chapter 11 now) see how I left out 11. See what I did thur?
i dont see 6 in your list. unless u mean 3? from nintendo? and im a ff9 fan too. was a fun and good game. think ppl didnt like it cause it went from omgff7 to wtf did they do to the graphics ff8 back to wtf ff7 graphics again? but yeah ff13 was ok. but srsly....snow is = to tidus in his "lets save everything" crap

Ugh yes I meant to throw in ff6 sorry and I meant FF3 from DS remake. Pretty damn good imo. Yea my party on 13 consists of Lightening, Fang, and Hope. The rest don't get used. Especially the 14 trap/tramp vanille, the old black 70s sitcom reject sazh, and the reincarnated tidus snow.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-05-01 03:58:49  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Shiva.Daimos said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Shiva.Daimos said:
I <3 all the tactics games, even FFTA and FFTA2 I think why I fell in love with 9 so much is because after playing tactics, seeing the familiar pointy blackmage hat on Vivi, and the whitemage cloak on garnet(in the beginning CS's), was sort of a sense of nostalgia.

For me those were marks of FF1 and FF3. What is so great about 9 is it has references to FF 1-6 hidden everywhere. So if your a die hard fan, it was like watching a Marvel vs DC crossover event. Like OMFG BATMAN JUST BANGED PHOENIX AND CYCLOPS IS A *** AFTER ALL. sorta.

I also loved FF3 xD
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-05-01 04:00:18  
Bismarck.Hisagi said:

Because His avatar is snow.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-05-01 04:03:07  
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
awwww poor snow.

anyways. i liked sazh i have him in pt instead of the lil "omg i hate snow he killed my stupid mom...wait now i forgive him let me talk all big and let me be another tidus ***"

side note: i liked tidus

also vanille's voice acting...was kinda messy. idk it seemed like she would say words completely wierd sometimes
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-05-01 04:03:27  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:

2 points cause ur faster than me
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-05-01 04:07:54  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Bismarck.Hisagi said:
2 points cause ur faster than me

Yup ^^
 Bismarck.Hisagi
サーバ: Bismarck
user: junpei87
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2010-05-01 04:18:53  

And how u can regret to have played Shenmue?!?! that game owns!
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-05-01 04:25:54  
fap material lol
nothing more
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 08:19:28  
FF wise favourite from top to bottom:

VI
VIII
X/IX
V
VII
I
XII
IV
III/II

XI is kinda different so... yeah.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Antonaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu 2010-05-01 08:58:12  

woot figured it out

Games you regret playing.... and you posted this.... i didnt even go throught the rest of the forum... anyone that hated this genre changing epic needs their eyes spooned out.. sorry but 7 was the nuts. (unless you only played it recently)
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-01 08:59:32  
Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu said:
woot figured it out
Games you regret playing.... and you posted this.... i didnt even go throught the rest of the forum... anyone that hated this genre changing epic needs their eyes spooned out.. sorry but 7 was the nuts. (unless you only played it recently)

Yeah, it was good back then, but we moved on.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-01 09:03:54  

woot figured it out

Give me a reason why it was awesome?

it was mediocre.
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-01 12:47:00  
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-05-01 12:50:13  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

woot figured it out

Give me a reason why it was awesome?

it was mediocre.
Here we go again, another 5-6 pages of this.. Thanks Kour -.-;;
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-05-01 13:06:40  
Surprised nobody mentioned how bad this game was to play:

This one was terrible to play too:
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 19 20 21