Games You Regret Ever Playing..

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Games you regret ever playing..
Games you regret ever playing..
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 19 20 21
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-04-30 18:23:39  
XII needed moar Reks. D:
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-30 18:23:59  
FFXII = KKKXII
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-04-30 18:24:46  
Odin.Ahligieri said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
:D Can't we all just hate on 12? Pleaseeeeeee! and with that... Let's make a few things clear. Yes, the main chars of 7 8 9 10 managed to look a little girly.. a little too femme.. but cmon Vaan.. Vaan.. my female boss at work has the same haircut. Go home!
FFXII coulda been a tad better but overall I liked it. And *** Vaan he isn't the main char to me imo lol.

I considered Ashe the main character, or as I call her; Princess Hoochie-skirt.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-30 18:24:52  
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Final Fantasy IX is incredible, I think I prefer VIII over it slightly due to it being the first I played, but the characters and system in IX are fap worthy. VI will always be the best imo though, I've yet to play an FF game that tops it.

Loved VI, it's tied with IX for my fave.

Kefka will always be the best villain imo, Far better than mummy's boy lol.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-04-30 18:25:54  
Caitsith.Linear said:
Eh, forgot: He also ended up with guilt because she got swallowed by Leviathan when he had sworn to her that he would protect her with his life. Huge relief, I'm sure, when she turned up alive.

True. Still not plot-changing like saving his life, but very very true

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-30 18:26:59  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
I also regret playing

ONLY because I had 78 hours on my GBA SP..which is WAY too many hours on a gameboy game. ;-;

That game smelled of *** >.>
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-04-30 18:27:19  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Final Fantasy IX is incredible, I think I prefer VIII over it slightly due to it being the first I played, but the characters and system in IX are fap worthy. VI will always be the best imo though, I've yet to play an FF game that tops it.

Eh, Sephiroth annoyed me in that way as well. But Kefka was one of those "bad guys just for the sake of being bad", he really had nothing to him other than being evil.
 Cerberus.Ferth
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-30 18:28:10  
Pandemonium.Kajidourden said:
Cerberus.Ferth said:
They never explain how cloud got power... they explain how he got mako eyes that allowed him to pull off his zack persona. Whether that gave him power or not is debatable because he was a failed experiment, he didn't meet the expectations they had for him as another attempt at making sephiroth.

And from that, linear's point about the characters being overpowered is reinforced... they are, every character can do anything that any other character can do, all cloud gets is the highest base str.

But that doesn't have bearing on the story its a mechanics issue.

You just kinda contradicted yourself. He gained his abilities from the experimentation. I don't really see how it's debatable since he isn't NEARLY as powerful as Sephiroth, had he been a successful experiment (as sephiroth was) that wouldn't be the case.

Getting into that requires a huge discussion about the plot in general... But as you said, cloud was way weaker than sephiroth, until the end when sephiroth gets totally wrecked by Cloud.

Cloud's strength doesn't come from his jenova dna, it comes when he purges himself from it and learns to live apart from it, basically after he gets washed in the life stream, and has to reconstruct who he really is and figure out what is fabrication and what is truth.

Shiva.Flionheart said:
All of the cutscenes were incredibly short and disjointed

That's a very good point, completely valid too, and one of the main reasons I understand why people don't like 7. They are very disjointed and hard to follow, part of that is because of the awkwardness of the translation which is by no means an excuse for it and part of it is because alot of it is made clearer in extra scenes that you aren't obligated to see by playing through the main story.

I admit I didn't really understand most of the story of 7 the first time I played it, but in subsequent play throughs it started to make alot more sense to me.

Which again is why I am willing to concede that it isn't the best game ever, thats really and indefinable term.

And at this point you can totally fault me for my venom toward 8, because I really didn't care to delve into that game after the orphanage twist.

But even after reading squallsdead.com and both learning how the game ends as well as hearing his interpretation I still see the glaring literary flaw in the the orphanage plot twist.

And I can also understand Flionhearts loyalty to 8 over 7 as sort of an underdog deal. 8 is definitely a game that people like to bash (guilty as charged.) and 7 is definitely held in an odd sort of reverence.

But in my experience as a very literary person the story in 7 speaks much more loudly to me than the story in 8 does.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-04-30 18:28:24  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
I also regret playing

ONLY because I had 78 hours on my GBA SP..which is WAY too many hours on a gameboy game. ;-;

Yar, it was pretty skewed lol.

I don't get how they went from something awesome like fft to that o.o
 Sylph.Akibakei
サーバ: Sylph
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-30 18:28:25  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I prefer VIII over it slightly due to it being the first I played

Every point you have made is now invalid because of agenda. If 8 was your first FF then you are simply biased and will refuse to see logic. I dont argue because I am right and I dont need to explain myself to someone as idiotic as you. FF7's legacy speaks for itself.

Star Wars, I mean FF12, lulz.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-04-30 18:29:11  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Kefka; Destroying things for the lulz.
Sephiroth; Killing people because of how people deviated from the Ancients ways.. which has nothing to do with Sephiroth.
Kuja; Starts a war and decides that if he dies, everyone dies, in short, plans to go out with a bang.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-30 18:29:36  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Eh, Sephiroth annoyed me in that way as well. But Kefka was one of those "bad guys just for the sake of being bad", he really had nothing to him other than being evil.

Which is a refreshing change from the villains that you are meant to feel remorse for.

(though if you read into the back-story Kefka was made evil due to an accident including Magicite, and then started dressing the way he did and went insane)
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-04-30 18:30:18  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

When you poison a water supply, laugh, and then go make bad jokes to people.. yeah that pretty much qualifies you for best villain.

I loved that game because you have MANY gripping story lines. Cyan's Locke's etc.. good good good.

I agree with you about the character's stories, but again Kefka was an extremely shallow villain. A nice change of pace granted, but still.
 Cerberus.Ferth
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-04-30 18:31:01  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
I also regret playing

hahaha, I totally agree with you on that.

The original tactics was worlds better.

I don't like the ivalice they made in that one, and then expanded on in 12.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-04-30 18:31:46  
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Sephiroth; Killing people because of how people deviated from the Ancients ways.. which has nothing to do with Sephiroth.
Kuja; Starts a war and decides that if he dies, everyone dies, in short, plans to go out with a bang.

I always though Kuja was the most successful of the villains. I too loved ix. Besides, he goes Trance and destroys an entire *** world with one spell, that's redonculous

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-30 18:33:31  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

When you poison a water supply, laugh, and then go make bad jokes to people.. yeah that pretty much qualifies you for best villain.

I loved that game because you have MANY gripping story lines. Cyan's Locke's etc.. good good good.

I agree with you about the character's stories, but again Kefka was an extremely shallow villain. A nice change of pace granted, but still.

I found he grew with the story tbh. He started as a simple underling, but eventually grew to feel like he deserved all the power of the warring triad.

"Kefka was the first experimental Magitek Knight. The procedure gifted Kefka with incredible magical power, but also shattered his sanity. Kefka became a cruel, destructive madman after the procedure, and eventually acquired a reputation as one of the most dangerous men in the Gestahlian Empire."
 Sylph.Akibakei
サーバ: Sylph
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-30 18:34:02  
FF6 was pretty amazing. It is my 2nd favorite FF.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-30 18:35:11  
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I always though Kuja was the most successful of the villains. I too loved ix. Besides, he goes Trance and destroys an entire *** world with one spell, that's redonculous

I was always disappointed as to how simple Kuja was to beat in IX, they should of at least made him a challenge even though you technically lose at the end of the Kuja fight lol.
 Seraph.Corrderio
サーバ: Seraph
user: Corrderio
By Seraph.Corrderio 2010-04-30 18:35:55  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
I also regret playing

Other than how I liked how Viera look in the FFTA games than in FF12. FFTA wasn't all that great.

Is FFTA2 any good?
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-04-30 18:36:00  
Kuja, as feminine as he is, if my favorite FF villain. He practically does what Kefka does, but does it because he wants to defy his 'purpose', instead of because he's just an ***.

Albedo is my favorite villain of all time, though. An immortal being who get's mind raped when god attempts to chat with him. Eventually leading him to insanity. His actions from then on are aid int he destruction of countless planets and star-clusters, and nearly bring about the end of the universe. Good times.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-04-30 18:40:09  
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Kefka; Destroying things for the lulz. Sephiroth; Killing people because of how people deviated from the Ancients ways.. which has nothing to do with Sephiroth. Kuja; Starts a war and decides that if he dies, everyone dies, in short, plans to go out with a bang.

Well, Kuja destroyed Bran Bal, the capital, and only known city on Terra, which was a small, parasitic planet. He basically made Terra uninhabitable. Kefka actually DID bring about the Apocalypse and became a god of magic. Kuja attempted to destroy existence itself, which was Necron's purpose, but Necron was destroyed. I liked Kuja because he finally learned the error of his ways, but learned too late. His story was kinda tragic. Sephiroth started with a "Oh, my bad." mistake that Jenova was an Ancient, and was his mother. Neither were true. So... Sephiroth is basically a bull-headed idiot, albeit a poetic, rather epic bull-headed idiot. And yeah, I know that he viewed himself as a bit of a monster, but that was how his BS got started.
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-04-30 18:43:20  
To be fair, Sephiroth destroyed the entire solar system with math equations. And then fixed it. And then continued to do so over and over again until he died.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-04-30 18:45:13  
Caitsith.Linear said:
To be fair, Sephiroth destroyed the entire solar system with math equations. And then fixed it. And then continued to do so over and over again until he died.

And usually, no one died from it. Supernova should have been like Sin's Giga Graviton, If you take too long, and he uses it, game over.
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-30 18:58:57  
Quote:
Can't we all just hate on 12? Pleaseeeeeee!

The good thing about 12 was the dominatrix playboy bunny in stilettos and a thong.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-04-30 19:01:17  
Kujata.Akeda said:
Quote:
Can't we all just hate on 12? Pleaseeeeeee!
The good thing about 12 was the dominatrix playboy bunny in stilettos and a thong.

And Princess Hoochie-skirt.
[+]
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-04-30 20:46:32  
The only issue i think ff8 has is Ultimecia. She is not a remarkable antagonist. Now that i think about it maybe that's why ppl hate this ff so much? Specially after the engodly Sephirot.

FF8 has that kind of plot twist where a new and more powerful enemy that you never heard about before suddenly becomes that new boss in the game. This kind sucks, and i actually don't like that type of storytelling. A prefer stories with a single strong antagonist.

Still, i loved the junction system and i enjoyed the romance pictured in the game very much. That's what makes me love ff8 more than any other ff, even though it doesn't have the "poweful enemy that i need to fight against from the start to the end of the game" concept.
Cerberus.Ferth said:
In final fantasy 8, halfway through the story the decide to tell you that everyone grew up together, there was no lead in, there was no justification and quite honestly they could have made the story without the plot point entirely, but they decided to cram it in and use the junction with guardian forces as a vehicle for a totally pointless sensationalist plot point.

Perhaps there was no lead in and you could not even fathom this to happen, but certainly there was a justification. Cid. He was the one that separated everyone in their childhood and he was the one responsable for bringing them together later. It's been nearly 10 years since the last time i played the game, but i think this was explained openly around the end of the third cd.

It was something about Cid and Matron expecting Ultimecia to act, so they decided to create SeeD to fight agaisnt her (yeah everything was always about her from the very begining) and they used the children at the orfanage as soldiers. Well, it's been so long so i'm not sure now. Matron would inherit Ultimecia's powers and they decided to "train" those 6 children to fight and kill her. Something like that.

Also not everyone had lost their memories. There was a point where Irvine says he knew/remembered everyone all from the day they met at Galbadia, but decided to play along with the "i never met you before". He was the only one that didn't use GFs or was not exposed to them for very long (because galbadia didn't make use of them), something on that line.

But all this debate makes me want to play these games again. I played them when i had 13-15 years old, i wonder what i would think about their stories with an adult perpective. (Although im very much tired of both materia and junction systems lol)

[+]
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-04-30 20:53:52  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I was always disappointed as to how simple Kuja was to beat in IX, they should of at least made him a challenge even though you technically lose at the end of the Kuja fight lol.

Agreed. He did all those things, destroying multiple cities, taking a mega flare to the face, etc, and then a bunch of rag-tag warrior take him out lmao. Admittedly that made 0 sense :D
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 19 20 21