New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Ideal set for TPing in on DNC
Ideal set for TPing in on DNC
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-27 04:10:13  
Just curious, what would be the ideal set for TPing in? Within reason anyways, no gear that would take someone months if not years to get (either by having to farm massive ammounts of gil to afford or put in countless hours of work to get)

Also, if you feel like throwing it in, what would be the ideal set for WS (Dancing Edge)?
 Valefor.Argettio
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-27 04:39:08  
Whatever dagger/Joyeuse/Warhoop
Turban/PCC/Brutal/Hollow
R.Harness/Dusk/Rajas/Sniper
Foragers/Swift/Relic/Dusk

Eating either Sushi or Pizza

Obviously you can HQ where possible. Cuch Mantel situationally.
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
サーバ: Phoenix
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-04-27 04:49:04  
enkidu > dusk shoes?
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-04-27 04:51:56  
suppa?
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-04-27 05:14:46  
not a dnc, but:

de:

mkd (ws acc, acc att)/ohat
pcc/spectacles/chiv chain
brutal/aesir ear pendant
mirke haub/af2/sh(+1)
enkidu's mittens/something with acc or att
lava/kusha, or rajas/acc
cuch/af2/foragers/amemet+1
virtuoso belt
surge subligar/something with acc or att
relic feet/pahluwan/denali

i could easily be wrong about this all though.

edit: af2 body is amazing
 Caitsith.Vahriel
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Vahriel
By Caitsith.Vahriel 2010-04-27 05:21:39  
Although, its not 100% Ideal yet this is what I use:

Ermine's Tail(soon to be Kartika)/Joyeuse (soon to be Athame)
War Hoop
Denali Bonnet
PCC
Brutal/Aesir Ear Pendant
Etoile Casaque
Denali Hands
Rajas Ring
Ult's Ring
Etoile Cape
Swift Belt
Etoile Pants
Dancer Toe Shoes(will be Enkidu one day)

Now, a few explanations:

Even though I do have an evasion set, I like to use some evasion in my regular TP set, just for that extra bit of help (I very rarely play in a party, I use DNC for solo/duo purposes pretty much only - with my evasion set showing about +70 Evasion) Which is why I use Denali Bonnet > Walahra Turban.

As for Dancer Shoes, well, theyre gonna be replaced when I can, but I dont want anything less than Enkidu's so that's that.

I got Bushinomimi for my SAM/WSs, so, I don't have a Suppa, so I make do by using Aesir Pendant, used to use Ethereal Earring (still do for EVA set)

Everything else is pretty much self explanatory, oh except for the hands, I might replace them when I get Enkidu's Mittens, but probably not, the extra Attack/Eva/DMG Reduction helps a lot.

But nevertheless, DNC is a job I see that can be tailored to suit many different playstyles, and it's up to the person how they wanna play, and what gear to use, I suppose the same could be said for all jobs, but I just feel DNC has a lot of diversity, from soloing, to supporting, to tanking (they can tank! D:)

So, the crux of what I'm saying is, there is no real ideal set, it's up to your playstyle, and what you want DNC to do for you ^_^
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-27 05:25:10  
I just know some DNC went hogshit over Papilio Kirpan from Scylla, didn't seem particularly interesting, but maybe they know something I don't (DNC/COR only dagger)
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-04-27 05:26:28  

Obviously there are improvements that could be made.
I designed this on a sleight budget lol.

I'm not sure if brutal > suppa... (I'm lazy and suck at numbers)

Might be able to swap rings for lavas/kushas?

Could use cuch for back piece? Or relic back...

Maybe ermines mainhand vs azoth? (I'm not sure how easy or difficult this is to get. If someone would like to fill me in that'd be great.)

EDIT: oh and swap azoth and joy obviously...

I'm currently working on dnc so I'm really not an expert in this field, or any field for that matter. Just tossing up ideas since I too would like to get some input on this.
By Vahriel 2010-04-27 05:33:11  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
I just know some DNC went hogshit over Papilio Kirpan from Scylla, didn't seem particularly interesting, but maybe they know something I don't (DNC/COR only dagger)

It's not a bad dagger, if you play DD DNC, because the Latent is only active when TP is under 100%, however, it does give a nice Attack/Acc boost too.

But yeah, it's not something a DNC who doesn't WS as soon as they get 100% TP should be going crazy for. Even then... there are better with the new Magian Quests (Kartika, and Athame specifically)
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-04-27 05:42:51  
That brings up a new question. Would NQ Athame be better or worse than joyeuse?

(Just in terms of offhand weapon for tp whoring)
 Caitsith.Vahriel
By Caitsith.Vahriel 2010-04-27 05:46:36  
Phoenix.Huwhuddep said:
That brings up a new question. Would NQ Athame be better or worse than joyeuse?

(Just in terms of offhand weapon for tp whoring)

Athame Outdoes Joyeuse, even though its 4 Lower Damage.

It's a dagger, Sword is only D skill on DNC, Dagger is B+? I forget now, neevrtheless, it means you hit more often, which means more TP, and it will still return 5TP/hit, so Athame outdoes Joyeuse for offhand weapons.
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-04-27 05:50:10  
Cool cool.

And looking at it now I guess ermine's has been totally replaced with that Dakini (Dmg+9 Delay-5 AGI+4 EVA+12).

Man even after I finish the leveling I'll be busy as hell. >.>
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-04-27 05:56:20  
regarding ermine's tail, a friend went 1/3. did the fight with thf/nin thf/nin smn/sch whm/sch. i believe both might and supreme might were on the thingy.

and you could do ermine with the evasion dakini for super evasion :D
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2010-04-27 06:00:36  
Weapons
Not enough people are mentioning the new Magian weapons, which are definitely the best for DNC, dagger with +Dex/+Acc on mainhand, and OAT offhand.

earrings
As for earrings, suppa is a must if you have it, on the other slot I'm thinking Brutal. It's true Brutal is slightly less effective when you use OAT weapons, but it should still be the best option there.

Rings
Tore/Sniper + Rajas

Feet
Lot of people putting a lot of options, but I think Setanta's Ledelsens is the winner here, atm.

Legs
Etoile/Barbarossa

Waist
Speed Belt

Neck
Love Torque/Ancient Torque?

As for the rest, those which I think are the best items so far have already been suggested in this thread ;)
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-04-27 06:11:24  
op wanted stuff that was relatively easy to get.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2010-04-27 06:13:13  
Then I suck for failing at reading... Sorry.
 Caitsith.Vahriel
By Caitsith.Vahriel 2010-04-27 06:17:49  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
regarding ermine's tail, a friend went 1/3. did the fight with thf/nin thf/nin smn/sch whm/sch. i believe both might and supreme might were on the thingy.

and you could do ermine with the evasion dakini for super evasion :D

That's actually what I'm doing, I'm doing a total of 3 daggers in the Magian system;

Kartika/Athame/Dakini (EVA)

for TP Gear, I will be using Kartika/Athame, and when I need to switch to Evasion gear, I will switch to evasion daggers: Dakini/Ermine's

The reason I'm not doing 2x Dakini, is because, if you've done it: it's bloody hard work ;_; well not hard... but long... and my attention span is very minimal.

On another note... I can't wait to see DE/Phyrric damage with Kartika... it's gonna be smexy
 Leviathan.Hitoma
サーバ: Leviathan
user: hitoma
By Leviathan.Hitoma 2010-04-27 06:23:12  
i currently use:

main: azoth
sub: joyeuse
ranged: none
ammo: black tathlum
head: w. turban
neck: ancient torque
L.ear: brutal
R.ear: hollow
body: Rapparee
hands: dusk
L.ring: toreadors
R.ring: rajas
back: cuch
waist: v.belt
legs: af2
feet: Enkidu

now i dont use suppa since i dont dual wield daggers. if i did id use that over hollow. as far as daggers basically the magian weapons are your best options now if you have the time and feel like working on them. i dont lol.

for head w.turban is best in terms of haste. denali is okish if for some reason even with acc food your still lacking a bit. i have it but basically never use it.

i also dont use war hoop anymore. black tathlums better for TPing to me. and as far as waltzs go i just swap in Sonias plect thingy. since they're both ammo items i dont lose TP doing that.

for neck i use Ancient torque for tping since again im not dual wielding daggers. I do however swap to Love torque for WS's. You could replace Ancient with Love, PCC/PCA, or even chiv chain.

back is mostly w/e you can get there. i used cerb mantle for awhile. its ok. cuch is better to me. amemet+1 was ok while leveling also.

waist is basically any haste belt you can get there. With V/S. belt being the winner.

for feet Sentata's Ledelsens would be best if you can get them. If not Enkidu's works well also. Dusk is ok if you can't get either of those items.
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-27 06:26:53  
Brutal + Suppa would be a better combination (woops #1)

And yes enkidu would beat NQ dusk (woops #2)
 Caitsith.Vahriel
By Caitsith.Vahriel 2010-04-27 06:48:31  
Sorry, yes, you are right, I missed NQ, I naturally assumed with the Eyes. personally, I wouldn't get the NQ Athame > Joyeuse.

Setanta's are so a pipe dream XD I would love them too, but I think I'm just gonna stick with Enkidu's when I get them... Nosferatu is cheap... ;_;

and Flippant... can give AFv2+1 Body? D: /drool.

Just one thing I'm not 100% on is, why you switch to Amemet +1 for DE, wouldn't Chu's still be better in that situation?

Also My Sets (without Evasion and Waltz Set):

TP:

WS:

As I said before, there are a few obvious things I need to change (Uhh Boots...) But yeah, that's as they currently stand, they will develop (Hopefully a little more like Flippant's)
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-27 06:51:13  
Quote:
Use Dancer's Casaque instead of Rap Harness

DNC is a sushi/pizza job; there aren’t many situations where DNC can eat meat.

Assuming 100 DEX (probably an over estimate) and ~40 Accuracy from gear a DNC has roughly:

Dagger
50+40+22+200+(56*.9) = 362

Sword
50+40+22+200+(15*.9) = 325

Now that might be enough for your dagger to cap accuracy in city dynamis, but still very low you need to accuracy food

With pizza that becomes 400 and 360 respectively (and with sushi 420/377). That should be enough to cap your main hand on most things a DNC is taken to.

With proper buffs a R.harness is ~10-12% increase in DoT and WS Frequency, so as long as you accuracy is over 82% it beats a 10 acc body (and your acc should be nearly capped if you are eating the right food).
 Cerberus.Carinde
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jacinda
By Cerberus.Carinde 2010-04-27 07:20:25  
Along with mentioning accuracy and all for DNC, I haven't noticed any mention of the Virtuoso Belt. Is this just considered an absolutely fail belt, or a missed option?
 Caitsith.Vahriel
By Caitsith.Vahriel 2010-04-27 07:28:13  
Cerberus.Carinde said:
Along with mentioning accuracy and all for DNC, I haven't noticed any mention of the Virtuoso Belt. Is this just considered an absolutely fail belt, or a missed option?

Virtuoso is a viable option, however, I would stick to using a Haste Belt, simply because it's an easy slot to get some Haste in, whereas, it's easier to get Accuracy in other slots ^^
 Shiva.Wynter
サーバ: Shiva
user: Wynter
By Shiva.Wynter 2010-04-27 07:36:02  
I use my Swift for TP and Virtuoso i macro for WS and quite easy to get ^ ^
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-27 07:53:37  
If you have a BRD and you aren't getting double march then you are doing it wrong.

A naked DNC should have 45% (10 samba, 20 double march, 15 haste) haste in any party situation.
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-27 08:11:08  
Ragnarok.Flippant said:
Argettio:

You're off on the DEX a bit and I'm referring to the accuracy provided in the aforementioned item set ( 8 DEX 22acc). If I used DNC in merit, my acc on dagger would be capped even without Etoile Body. So yes, if you have enough acc in a certain situation, of course use Rap Harness.

However, I'm rarely merting on DNC and even fewer times do I have any haste besides myself and Haste Samba.

My point was, you don't need capped accuracy for R.Harness to be the 'right' thing to wear.

You need a decent set of buffs and food.

Solo is obviously completely different, the value of haste drops massively to the point where R.harness becomes a 'only if I am capped' item. Maybe I should have put a caveat on my set about being only when buffed or capped.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-04-27 08:16:09  
I never said it was only for capped accuracy. I stated somewhere around 45% haste and 90% accuracy, and the only reason I said that was because it was the only numbers I remembered from calculating Ridill/Joy on WAR a year ago. However, even then I probably remembered them wrong.

In any case, I wasn't talking to you when I said "Used Etoile instead of Rap," so I'm not sure why you're referring to your own set now. I don't even think I looked at it.

Edit: Nevermind, the item set posted is basically the same as your post. Well then, you were off by 35 accuracy.
[+]