Signs Of Too Much FFXI(ing?)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Signs of too much FFXI(ing?)
Signs of too much FFXI(ing?)
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 39 40 41
 Ifrit.Babiedoll
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Babiedoll 2008-12-10 22:48:45  
umm.. There is no auto follow while your driving... >.>
[+]
 Ragnarok.Saeryn
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Saeryn
By Ragnarok.Saeryn 2008-12-10 23:54:07  
Alexanderofodin said:
is the "/add any emote" not normal? >.> oh nuts no wonder people look at me funny when i go "/poke" on msn

Oh, I use /emote allll the time in chat programs. :x
 Ifrit.Linksamus
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Linksamus 2008-12-11 00:09:39  
LOL auto-follow while you're driving... that's priceless. Unfortunately I too use /emote, and also some terms like ftw which most of my irl friends seem to be unfamiliar with... they look at me like "ftw... o.0 eh?!" and i don't think they like the o.0 faces either.... =p
 Lakshmi.Auroralith
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Auroralith 2008-12-11 00:58:50  
so i did not realize until today when i was thinking about it how much game lingo i use irl. today at work i said a few things like afk and ftw and my coworkers were like what are you talking about. had no idea.

also the auto follow i have tried to do that. but i also try to /follow when i play other multi player games and i get confused when it does not work.
 Lakshmi.Auroralith
By Lakshmi.Auroralith 2008-12-11 01:00:34  
Blackmist said:
Auroralith said:
me and my bf play together and i seem to find myself calling him by his game name when i talk about him to friends and family. Also having dreams about playing ffxi is another sad sign i have ^^

=D but dreaming of FF is free :D no 13$ a month fee.

lol its bad when you dream of being in a pt.. an then log on the next day thinking the dream party was real Lol (wtf omg i delevled.. wait t'was a dream >.< ) =P

sometimes i do find it hard to distinguish between the dream and the real. since most times i play im half asleep anyways... but yeah ur right its free and that makes it so much better
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-12-11 02:31:57  
Hmm. Here's my list:

1) I've dreamed of entire linkshell conversations--JUST the conversations, not even the characters themselves.

2) Everytime I adjust my glasses by pushing on the bridge between the lenses, I feel like I'm casting Utsusemi.

3) I play drums for my church, and whenever I'm bored, I pretend I'm Dual Wielding my drum sticks, or I pretend that I'm drawing a bow and arrow (I don't even level NIN and I still do #2 and #3 >_>)

4) Every time I go to Google.com or any other search engine, I type "/sea"

5) I also call money "gil" irl, I also do the whole "/l /p", /emote, Esc to delete all, and Tab key to Auto-translate in Instant Messengers....

6) In an email to an FFXI friend, I almost typed /tell [Friend's name]

7) I have done almost all the Hume Female emotes in real life either on purpose or by accident, I don't know anymore. But I've /staggered everytime I've heard about a new exam coming up, I've /panic'd everytime someone pokes me in the back, and I /comfort motion my hand in the air, thinking I can't reach people's shoulders. -edit- OH and /cheer motion a LOT.... I accidentally did /hurray motion with my pen in organic chem lecture....

8) I also take care of kids at my church, almost called 'em Tarutarus....

9) Speaking of church, when we pray, I'm thinking about hMP and hHP going up sometimes.... >_<

Can't think of anymore, but I'm almost sure there's a ton more.... Yay for FFXI addiction!!!!! :D
 Phoenix.Amael
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2008-12-11 04:52:40  
Guilty as charged! I hum chocobo song. Also when im bored I compulsivly whistle the BRD's flute song and think "Hey, i just got ballad. wootz!"
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2008-12-11 05:19:50  
hitting CTRL+P or CTRL+L while in MSN or AIM, only to have it tell me my printer isnt hooked up ; ;.

Using ; ; in a messenger and the other person go quite for a few moments racking their brain trying to figure it out.

Seeing something that looks close to my character's name and thinking "how dare they mess my name up like that!?"
[+]
 Bismarck.Brotz
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Brotz
By Bismarck.Brotz 2008-12-11 08:15:29  
I have FFXI songs as my ring tone. and I too sometimes dream about playing FFXI. some times when I been playing for too long and I stop, when I close my eyes I see a burned image of my taru taru in my retna's
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2008-12-11 08:18:41  
Amael said:
Also when im bored I compulsivly whistle the BRD's flute song and think "Hey, i just got ballad. wootz!"

lol that's *** hysterical!
 Diabolos.Eclipstic
user: eclipstic
By Diabolos.Eclipstic 2008-12-11 08:49:26  
its an awkward moment when you're g/f calls and asks "whatcha doin?" and you answer "i'm lvling my dancer...orz" i also try to play the Zi'tah theme on my acoustic guitar as well as the mog house music and i use the end battle fanfare from every ff as my text message notification on my phone. i totally just tried to use tab to translate mog house just now. XD you ever try to explain the concept of RMT to someone who doesn't play online games? they just get this confused look on their face as they try to wrap their brain around it. i think everyone who plays uses /p whenever they use AIM, MSN or yahoo. the irritating part is on yahoo, when u hit escape to erase it after you've realized it, it closed the chat window.../fume
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
サーバ: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2008-12-11 11:08:18  
I have stopped dead in the middle of a busy sidewalk to pull up my map numerous times. Girlfriend gives me a dirty look every time and says "you play that game way too much"

i have used FFXI as excuses to get out of many RL events;
"ahh sorry, i cant tonight i have dynamis/nyzul/sky"
"sorry guys! i wanna get my <insert job here> to 75 before this weekend"

funny stuff^^
 Diabolos.Jerazine
user: Jerazine
By Diabolos.Jerazine 2008-12-11 12:13:00  
man this topic is priceless..

i constantly press my ventrilo ptt button while i talk on the phone...

also, I work in programming and we have this class that starts with the letters BLM-something and on several occasion i spat out the words Black Mage when talking about it, explaining stuff to co-workers. They don`t play ff .. there was somewhat of an unconfortable silence.
 Shiva.Shadowfax
user: Shadowfax
By Shiva.Shadowfax 2008-12-11 12:32:39  
an irl friend of mine slept over at my house,(he also plays ff) and we were about to head to sleep, and i hadnt seen him in a while so we were talking about our ff adventure through out all the years. and i was really tired, and drifting away, but could still hear him, and when he stopped about a minute later i snapped back and responded with 'what i zoned?'. and ohhh soo many others, [fun] :D
 Shiva.Dwyte
user: dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2008-12-11 13:06:47  
i'm the irl friend shadowfax was talking about. ohh man one time we had an argument about how a weaponskill looked in the middle of target. so we used bats to see who could do the ws better. and i've had a few dreams of my DRG rick rolling to the extreme
 Midgardsormr.Foxvolta
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Foxvolta
By Midgardsormr.Foxvolta 2008-12-11 13:32:04  
When my dad turned 50 I congratulated him on being able to start his AF quests >.>;

also I have dreamed about ff way too many times to count lol one time I fell asleep in a pt my dream was about the pt so it was like i exped all night... but not really cuz they kicked me or i dced rofl oooh good times
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
サーバ: Unicorn
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2008-12-11 13:53:09  
My entire family (none of whom play any video games) came to know my Dynamis schedule while I was waiting for my Assassin's Armlets to drop. (I was first in line for well over a year with no drop.) By the time they dropped family events including holidays were scheduled earlier so that I would not get up and leave in the middle. To this day my parents still tell me "Oh thats right you cant do ??? (insert w/e here) you have your dynathingy on wed/sun.
 Alexander.Reuran
サーバ: Alexander
user: Reuran
By Alexander.Reuran 2008-12-11 14:27:58  
After spending hours crafting I curiously look at items (lol things) around the house or heading to the trash and wonder what I'd get if I desynthed them. Also when my friend, who also plays, comes over we make jokes about getting skill-ups over activities such as cutting, gluing, etc.

Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I woke up on my birthday and yelled out DING!!!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2008-12-11 15:02:36  
Timeholderr said:

LOL!!!!
 Lakshmi.Eos
user:
By Lakshmi.Eos 2008-12-11 15:03:03

First, this thread has amused my endlessly for days and I, for one, think that in itself is a sign of too much FFing...

It is reassuring to know that I am not the only one who hits the TAB button in IM programs and gets pissed off when the auto-translate won't work.. or when the esc button won't clear my lines.. or when CTRL+P tells me I don't have a printer.. haha or when my gamepad won't work as a mouse/ enter key

... when my friend (who also plays) turned 30 I congratulated him on being able to unlock other jobs... likewise when my friend turned 20 I almost asked her when she was going to get her chocobo license =/

I constantly strategize in the shower or when I am trying to go to sleep, figuring out what kind of equipment I need to get or the best way to complete a mission

I've played sick from work or school a few times to camp a NM or get some more exp... I'm also debating informing my boss that I have an "evening class" on (w/e day) and cannot work.. mostly so I can finally join a dynamis linkshell...

Oh FFXI.. you ate my life and I am loving it.

LOL something just happened and it made me think of this.. I promise I will be quiet after this (this is an edit)... My roommate knows very well that this game has consumed my life and I was talking to her a little bit.. I told her "I was in this awesome party the other night!!" and she goes "WHAT!? YOU LEFT THE HOUSE!? TO GO TO A PARTY!?" reply: "No -_-; I was IN a party..." Roommate: "oh >.> ... /disappointed" Made me laugh anyway XD
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2008-12-11 15:10:17  
Playing any other video game and trying to use autorun, getting angry that it's not working, realize autorun is ffxi only, getting angry that w/e game doesn't have autorun.

Also on at least 3-4 occasions when I wake up for work @ 6:00 am and I'm still half asleep I'll spend a good 2 or 3 minutes trying to decide what job I should go as, again realizing that RL only has Hume/boring job.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Eos
user:
By Lakshmi.Eos 2008-12-11 15:23:40

IMing is bad but I find that speech is just as bad.. the way I structure my sentences has changed! Like : Pizza? Can I have it? .. All right! :D

It makes conversations awkward >.o
 Fairy.Aisling
サーバ: Fairy
user: Aisling
By Fairy.Aisling 2008-12-11 16:43:12  
Babiedoll said:
umm.. There is no auto follow while your driving... &gt;.&gt;

Okay, I don't feel so bad now, as I'm apparently not the only one who has tried this.
A few years back, I was driving through a fairly rural area on a road with a high speed limit, and I was exhausted as it was my only day off in an 80-hr work week, and here I was spending it driving through cornfields. I mentally attempted to put the car half a mile in front of me on auto-follow and sat back in the seat... only to wonder a few moments later why the car was drifting and losing speed...
Rather than immediately chastise myself for being silly, instead I cursed the "chocobo" in front of mine for being so fast and "my danged chicken" for being so fat and slow.
My boyfriend at the time laughed at me for quite a while about this, because he thought *he* played XI too much. My husband (who I met in-game...lol) just stared at me when I told him the story... And then called me a dork... -.-
 Unicorn.Tavlov
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2008-12-11 17:26:19  
Timeholderr said:

LMAO I think imma do that next time ^^
 Unicorn.Tavlov
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2008-12-11 17:28:40  
Words just can't describe the ! of this thread. lol
 Lakshmi.Antonios
user: jokstr
By Lakshmi.Antonios 2008-12-11 17:40:31  
Tavlov said:
Timeholderr said:

LMAO I think imma do that next time ^^

Lmao I'm so doing this next year lol
 Siren.Narayan
サーバ: Siren
user: Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2008-12-11 18:05:02  
Timeholderr said:

That made me laugh hard at work and draw too much attention.

Bartimaeus said:
First time telling a friend "Afk wc" was pretty priceless. Try explaining a "water closet" to someone with no JP understanding and more-so no multilingual MMO understanding.

I got my ex used to me saying "BRB Dub C" or writing brb wc in chat.

I say can i have it and other auto translates often. I chat on IM exactly how I do in FF and often get fruastrated with the no auto translate.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 39 40 41