Fishing Nerfed?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Fishing Nerfed?
Fishing Nerfed?
 Pandemonium.Balinor
サーバ: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Chulo
By Pandemonium.Balinor 2010-04-06 16:33:02  
Ever since the April 5th update I've noticed the catch rate on multiple fish diminish considerably. It takes twice as long to get to the 200 fish/day limit then it did before the update. Has anyone else noticed this? I looked on SE website and they don't mention changing anything to do with fishing. Maybe they ninja nerfed it? Thanks.
By Maruraba 2010-04-06 16:35:27  
Nothing like that here, pal. Nor have I heard about that from any of my fishing buddies. I think you must just be having bad luck, happens to us all.
 Pandemonium.Balinor
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Chulo
By Pandemonium.Balinor 2010-04-06 16:36:27  
Hmm well I know 3 other fishers on Asura that are having the same issue.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-06 16:52:18  
Honestly so much new content and my desktop being kinda broken that I haven't fished since then
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-04-06 20:28:56  
Been the same for me in Nashmau, SSG, and Qufim Island.
 Leviathan.Dubont
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-04-06 20:39:13  
Been the same for me. I DID notice a drop during one day...but as soon as the game day changed, the rate went back up. Its all just bad luck
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-06 21:10:59  
Yeah did you pay attention to what the moon phase was when you were fishing?

It could be something as simple as that and/or bad luck and because of the update you assume it was that.
 Cerberus.Unfrgvnhate
サーバ: Cerberus
user: hatekhaos
By Cerberus.Unfrgvnhate 2010-04-06 21:55:33  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Honestly so much new content and my desktop being kinda broken that I haven't fished since then

So bascially your telling us since your bot doesnt work you dont fish?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-06 21:57:22  
Cerberus.Unfrgvnhate said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
So bascially your telling us since your bot doesnt work you dont fish?
Lol no like my laptop overheats easy and lags making it super harder to fish and say watch a show on it at the same time. Oh and been doing new stuff mostly

Though a bot would probably get over those problems since it works so much faster than I can. Good idea
 Titan.Jingizu
サーバ: Titan
user: Jingizu
By Titan.Jingizu 2010-04-07 09:23:16  
I thought in the update notes they mentioned something about making adjustments to fishing, they were not explicit in the information, but, it would make sense so that's just one more thing to remove gil making capacity from ppl who don't want to be in hnm shells.
 Unicorn.Rilu
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Rilu
By Unicorn.Rilu 2010-04-14 16:42:55  
Pandemonium.Balinor said:
Hmm well I know 3 other fishers on Asura that are having the same issue.

Welcome to fishing :) It has always been a VERY long process and bites are always hit and miss. Some days i'll get .1 skillup in 20 minutes, and sometimes i'll fish my limit for the day and not get a single skillup. Some days I can't hit my limit because I run out of playtime before I can catch enough fish.

Fishing still, IMO, is the biggest profit "craft" available, especially when I pair it with my cooking mule. I wouldn't trade fishing for anything, no matter how slow and laborsome it is.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-04-14 16:48:42  
Been fine for me most days but some days, like today for example, I've gotten such a low bite rate. Seems to fix itself if I log off for a while and go do homework, usually come back to massive bite rates then. It's fishing; it's always been odd like that.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [376 days between previous and next post]
By Shylaa 2011-04-25 19:43:01  
Full moon, lvl90 fishing, lvl90 toon, 110 fishing limit for the day. Priceless...
[+]
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-25 20:19:12  
toon >.>
[+]