users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Stribog D95 Additional effect: weakens def.+10
Stribog D95 Additional effect: weakens def.+10
 Bismarck.Osaia
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2010-03-31 11:16:38  
Completed this weapon a few days ago and posted a ss. Had a few ?'s posted so I thought I'd try to answer them. The path I took to complete this is posted on wiki. It's a fairly time consuming one and took me a week to complete. The animation for weakens defense is the same as thalas evasion down. The proc rate seems to be almost the same as thalas also. Effect does not seem to be mob dependent...procs the same on despot, nyzul isle nm's, groundskeepers, jotunn gigas and greater colibri, sea puks. I don't know the amount of defense down, I assume it to be 10%~20%... I will parse tonight with 200 attacks to calculate proc rate. Now my question..assuming 10% defense down, how will this weapon compare to the D99 weapon?
 Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rumaha
By Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha 2010-03-31 11:20:46  
I'mma go with 10% Def down, the D99 Weapon would probably be better for you personally, but the question would be whether your personal boost outdoes the boost to the party as a whole, I personally would go with D99 for consistency and what not due to random procs etc~
 Bismarck.Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2010-03-31 11:24:52  
Yeh, I though of that also. Boosting my own personal parse or boosting the parties dmg as whole. Which is why I chose this particular weapon. Although the proc rate is random it is consistent enuff to be very useful.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-31 11:27:26  
If the mob has a lot of HP and will take awhile to chip down anyway, I'd say the 10% Def down (how however much it is) would be hotter.

I don't know anything math wise so feel free to beat me up.
 Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rumaha
By Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha 2010-03-31 11:29:36  
Bismarck.Osaia said:
Yeh, I though of that also. Boosting my own personal parse or boosting the parties dmg as whole. Which is why I chose this particular weapon. Although the proc rate is random it is consistent enuff to be very useful.

For longer fights I can see it being very useful, where the Def- has a chance to proc, rather then merit pts where fights are 30 seconds, by no means is it a bad weapon, I would say they both have their niches.
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-03-31 11:30:20  
Eh... Angons effect is stronger (I think) and two DRG's can keep it on an enemy indefinately.
 Bismarck.Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2010-03-31 13:00:50  
Yeh, 2 DRG could possibly keep it on indefintaley, but one DRG with this could possibly be as good as 2 (as far as the Angon/defense down effect) anyway. Btw, how would I test to see if this stacks with angon/dia?

EDIT: After more testing, found it that the Added Effect does NOT stack with Angon. If the effect proc's and you use angon afterwards, you will get the message...Angon had no effect.