users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » BLU Ideas of new spells 76-99
BLU Ideas of new spells 76-99
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-05 09:28:23  
1000 needles is worth using to proc yellow !!, and nothing more. Even 150 mp is too much.
 Phoenix.Emirelda
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Emilrelda
By Phoenix.Emirelda 2010-11-05 09:31:16  
lower the cast time and mp and youd see it being used but as above said it probably wont happen
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-05 10:55:24  
We should start an online petition for SE to fix our old iconic spells. I think it will work guys.
 Sylph.Kwate
サーバ: Sylph
user: kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2010-11-05 15:31:05  
Sylph.Kwate said:

Personally I would like to see SE revise all spell costs 75 and lower, as they were created in mind that 75 would be the pinnacle of our power. Its unrealistic to set a 5 point Hysteric Barrage if I wanted it for casual use (which I don't care for that spell, just making a point). I LOVE Reactor Cool, but 5 points is just too steep, now with so many new spells and 75 not being the pinnacle of power any longer.

Agreed, as I said before the old spells were created based on 75 and before seeing how BLU's truly utilize the job, most of these spells are just downright awful and inconvenient with unreasonable cast times, mp cost, blu points etc. attached. The last 2 updates shows SE has been paying attention to our needs and are catering to how we do in fact use BLU, but i would like to see at least a few old spells revised. I would really like to use some magical spells besides regurgitation that's worth a damn.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-11-05 15:36:27  
Sylph.Kwate said:
Sylph.Kwate said:
Personally I would like to see SE revise all spell costs 75 and lower, as they were created in mind that 75 would be the pinnacle of our power. Its unrealistic to set a 5 point Hysteric Barrage if I wanted it for casual use (which I don't care for that spell, just making a point). I LOVE Reactor Cool, but 5 points is just too steep, now with so many new spells and 75 not being the pinnacle of power any longer.
Agreed, as I said before the old spells were created based on 75 and before seeing how BLU's truly utilize the job, most of these spells are just downright awful and inconvenient with unreasonable cast times, mp cost, blu points etc. attached. The last 2 updates shows SE has been paying attention to our needs and are catering to how we do in fact use BLU, but i would like to see at least a few old spells revised. I would really like to use some magical spells besides regurgitation that's worth a damn.

Yeah, would love to see some useful magical ones. I have a feeling we'll get one of Adamantoise's breath spells, and with the way some of the other spells have been, I'm excited to see how powerful it will be. You know they won't stop putting in breath spells simply because they added our new Tathlum to the mix. I hope to see maybe 2 more breath spells, hopefully with better damage/mp efficiency than lolheat breath.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-11-05 15:48:28  
Sylph.Kwate said:
I would really like to use some magical spells besides regurgitation that's worth a damn.

Blazing Bound is actually pretty awesome.
On fights where I'm playing BLU Nuker (I do this a lot in Abyssea), I usually rotate spells like this:

Acrid Steam
Burst Affinity
Memento Mori
Fantod
Firespit
(Does anyone in my party need a cure?)
Saline Coat
Blazing Bound
Fantod
Fantod
Regurgitation
(Repeat)

This is of course after I'm done cycling BLU triggers.
My gear/atma setup is pretty decent for this, and I'm usually as effective, or more effective, than BLMs, with spell damage ranging from 800-1400 dmg (firespit being the highest).

For mobs resistant to fire and/or weak to water (ohai2upulverizer), I do something similar but I just rotate acrid steam and regurgitation at recast, dealing about 2000 dmg per recast cycle (around 1k from each spell). If it's a kited fight, and I can't get steam in constantly, it's obviously less effective but I usually don't have trouble getting steam in on iron giant fights, and they're the main mobs that I can't use firespit on.
 Sylph.Kwate
サーバ: Sylph
user: kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2010-11-05 16:04:09  
Acrid Stream is a nice little spell, what i mean by that is, it has a 4 sec cast time, 22 sec recast, conal (not caster AOE), with nice mods and only 3 points (better additional effect would be nice, but hey you can't have everything). This is something I would like to see more of in the future, magical spells that we can actually use.
 Asura.Erics
サーバ: Asura
user: Erics
By Asura.Erics 2010-11-24 21:46:45  
Can't believe the topic starter actually nailed some spells on the head from the empties..