サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-24 15:45:21  
Soulsaber Ex
[Main] All Races
DPS: 7.75 DMG:31 Delay:240
LV 75 RDM PLD BLU
Augment:(DMG+12 Delay-10 STR+4 Attack+12)
Dmg+43 Del:230 STR+4 Attack+12

which also equals att+14 due to the +4 str and there is no latent
so I think this will replace Perdu
Soulsaber/Kogg for a sick combo

Path:164,165,166,167,168,169

Soulsaber/Antea will probably be the new Perdu/Kogg
and probably as new updates come out you'll probably
be able to upgrade these even further 8)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy 2010-03-24 15:55:00  
I'll stick to my Perdu/Koggelmander since they're already amazing swords and they aren't hideous Models lol.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-24 15:57:36  
I think the Koggelmander looks *** horrible. Dinky *** sword.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-24 15:58:16  
Personally koggles is still better. I think I'd just do koggles/antea most the time. Maybe soulsaber/koggles for those times when I really am not meleeing that much but still /nin. like maybe einharjar when I get 2 refreshs and can just spam ***
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy 2010-03-24 16:05:26  
I just hate how SE finally gives us a multi-swing sword(next to mythic) and its a friggin ancient sword model...
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-24 16:07:51  
they come so close it probably won't made a bigg diff now but perdu/kogg can't be upgraded,Soulsaber/Antea as they expand the trials in upcoming updates i'm sure you can further upgrade them to even better weapons don't forget we'll lv to 99 by christmas.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy 2010-03-24 16:14:04  
How could I forget...Lvling all my subs again to 49 is HELL.

You think its possible to dual wield 2 soulsabers?
Was thinking of doing STR+4 ATT+12 and DEX+4 ACC+8.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-24 16:18:35  
Pretty sure it says you can have 2 of the same weapon as long as they are not on the same trial
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-24 16:20:54  
Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy said:
How could I forget...Lvling all my subs again to 49 is HELL. You think its possible to dual wield 2 soulsabers? Was thinking of doing STR 4 ATT 12 and DEX 4 ACC 8.

I think you can, also check. http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Trial_of_the_Magians
for the details thats where my info came from
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-24 16:25:43  
Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy said:
I just hate how SE finally gives us a multi-swing sword(next to mythic) and its a friggin ancient sword model...

I feel ya. The Ridill model would've been cool.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-24 17:02:15  
Higher delay, equal base damage when you factor in fSTR, no accuracy. Perdu wins by a mile unless you spend a significant amount of time holding TP.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-24 17:08:50  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Higher delay, equal base damage when you factor in fSTR, no accuracy. Perdu wins by a mile unless you spend a significant amount of time holding TP.
That and ya know casting blu spells...
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-24 17:20:23  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Well you mean -5 delay and +5 acc will out due this by a big margin? Idk about that and like i said b4 when they expand the trials you'll probably be able to upgrade it again for when you hit 99 so at that point perdu will be a the new ifrits blade.

also if your using food which i'm sure you will be acc should be capped.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-24 17:43:18  
Odin.Kalico said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Well you mean -5 delay and 5 acc will out due this by a big margin? Idk about that and like i said b4 when they expand the trials you'll probably be able to upgrade it again for when you hit 99 so at that point perdu will be a the new ifrits blade.

also if your using food which i'm sure you will be acc should be capped.
2.5% hitrate is at least a 2.7% increase to melee DPS when you can take advantage of it, spell accuracy too if you're cutting it close. Delay not so much, only 1.11% to TP phase when dual-wielding with Koggelmander and less with the new OAT weapon. If you're exceeding the acc cap with Perdu you can make trades for DD stats... maybe one of the new Haste pieces?
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
That and ya know casting blu spells...
Which is the only reason it even comes close to being worthwhile. If you want to keep an extra weapon around for a small upgrade when you've capped accuracy and can't make any good trades then sure, go ahead.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy 2010-03-24 22:48:16  
Perhaps SE will allow us to trial our Perdu and Koggel therefore making this whole argument useless. kekeke
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-24 22:50:54  
Upgraded Koggel would be nice. As it is, we're stuck with what currently exists for at least 3 months.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-24 23:07:23  
Yeah keep hoping they will randomly allow ra/exs when they went and made a section just for relic/mythics...

Allowing normal easy to get weapons to be rediculously strong... yeah uh huh
 Seraph.Iria
サーバ: Seraph
user: Iria
By Seraph.Iria 2010-03-31 12:45:54  
The only soulsaber worth getting for me:

D:43 Delay:230 Vit+4 Phys. Dmg. Taken -5%
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-04-01 22:44:03  
Seeing as perdu is a little out of reach I'm thinking of going for a STR soulsaber. I'm currently using Musketeer Commander's Falchions (lvl 55 swords >_>) and they need updating badly. So i'm going through the trials for it. I've been leaning towards the STR soulsaber's but what is really going to do more for my BLU's overall damage? The STR or the DEX one? This is my current tp set for reference.

Musketeer commander's falchion / " / - / Elvaan RSE
Walmart / Chiv / Suppa / Coral
Mirage / dusk / sniper / ecphoria
mirage / life (need swift) / Cobra / Dusk
 Hades.Sephrin
サーバ: Hades
user: xSephrinx
By Hades.Sephrin 2010-04-01 22:50:13  
I totally agree. I'm working on one for my RDM PLD and BLU. Fake Hauteclaire GO! SE really slacked off on the .dats for these swords. Considering the amount of time/effort spent they shoulda given you some kind of eye candy to brag about lol.

But whatever looks > stats idc what everone says!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-01 23:06:16  
The str one will do more for your dmg then the dex one unless for some weird reason you aint capping acc. Like you don't eat sushi or something.

Well to be percise it will up your swd dmg alot more and will up all your spells dmg more except Hysteric barrage and then not much unless you CAing it

But if you still using lvl 55 swds and koggles/perdu out of reach I say get both lol