users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Nuking Hands
Nuking Hands
First Page 2
 Siren.Corrin
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Corrin 2010-03-22 19:01:11  
I currently use Yigit Gages (INT +5, MAB +2) for nuking on blm because I dont have zenith or vicious mufflers yet. I was curious if the MAB +5 from the latter two would make a big difference in my dmg or are the yigit very close? I currently have 5/5 Ice and Thunder potency merits. Thanks for any advice you can offer :)
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-22 19:03:01  
Yes it will be more dmg. But to get closer to an exact amount would need how much MAB/int you packing w/o gloves. For me I got alot of MAB so yigit would actually be slightly more dmg on blizz IV about the same for thunder IV. While the 5 MAB ones would be around 11 dmg more on puddings for AM2
 Phoenix.Airbag
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-03-22 19:03:54  
He has his gearsets posted
 Shiva.Lucant
サーバ: Shiva
user: Lucant
By Shiva.Lucant 2010-03-22 19:04:42  
my blm has 4/5 ice and 5/5 thunder with those HQ staves and i would;t say those hands make a difference because those have like 4 MAB besides the 50 MP yea.
 Siren.Corrin
By Siren.Corrin 2010-03-22 19:06:08  
http://www.ffxiah.com/members/?q=item_sets&set_id=135521
my current nuking set up
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-22 19:06:21  
Phoenix.Airbag said:
He has his gearsets posted
Yeah but I have no idea if they are up to date. What his base int is (or just race and merits). If he usually uses int food etc etc etc
 Asura.Ryu
サーバ: Asura
user: RyuAsura
By Asura.Ryu 2010-03-22 19:06:47  
I was very dissapointed when I got the Vicious Mufflers for my BLM I found on average for Tier IV nukes they were only doing about 2-3 DMG difference than Yigit (this was on Puddings). For Tier III nukes it was the vice-versa and the Yigit were doing better.

However the time Z.Mitts/Vicious Mufflers truel shine are on AMII where you'll notice about a 50 DMG (if memory serves me well) increase.
 Siren.Corrin
By Siren.Corrin 2010-03-22 19:08:03  
72 base Int as blm/rdm, usually dont eat cream puffs
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-03-22 19:08:27  
Asura.Ryu said:
I was very dissapointed when I got the Vicious Mufflers for my BLM I found on average for Tier IV nukes they were only doing about 2-3 DMG difference than Yigit (this was on Puddings). For Tier III nukes it was the vice-versa and the Yigit were doing better.

However the time Z.Mitts/Vicious Mufflers truel shine are on AMII where you'll notice about a 50 DMG (if memory serves me well) increase.

zmitts are great cause they give you so much more mp, thats nothing to scoff at!
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-03-22 19:09:07  
Siren.Corrin said:
72 base Int as blm/rdm, usually dont eat cream puffs

always keep nq melon pies on you then! for 1900/stack no excuse not to
 Asura.Ryu
By Asura.Ryu 2010-03-22 19:12:09  
Phoenix.Airbag said:
Asura.Ryu said:

zmitts are great cause they give you so much more mp, thats nothing to scoff at!

Being a Taru it is, I personally rather keep my +50 HP for the simple reason being if a Tier IV happens to bypass my blink and stoneskin from the puddings (with Prot/Shell up) I barely have enough HP as it is to live.

Ah Sorc. Ring how I love thee..

Ninja Edit - I have no idea why I decided to say I had Protect up when discussing nukes lol.
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-03-22 19:16:04  
buffing at pudding camp?! Live a little!!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-22 19:17:00  
I prefer melon pies+1. 5 int like 25 mp 2hmp... last like 1.5 hours.

But since I don't really feel like showing all my work I'll just give the numbers. Using that item set... on non burned puddings.

Blizz IV: 3 To Vmufflers/zmitts

Freeze II: 10 dmg to Vmufflers

As you get more int (and there is room for lots of small easy to get int peices in there) it will skew more to the higher MAB. Same goes for getting more MAB which is well doable but expensive lol
 Asura.Ryu
By Asura.Ryu 2010-03-22 19:17:40  
Phoenix.Airbag said:

heh... prior to getting my Sorc. Ring I never once buffed, hell I even use to think people who did buff were just wasting time.

Now however if my stun is down and they decide to cast another nuke i'd rather not get caught with my pants down. >.>
 Phoenix.Airbag
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-03-22 19:18:13  
when I go on melon pie crafting sprees I sell all the hq and have enough nq to last a couple months @_@

and lol i know what you mean, get an unlucky aga or something and youre tarutoast with latent hp
 Siren.Corrin
By Siren.Corrin 2010-03-22 19:18:18  
Thank you very much everyone^^
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-22 19:20:11  
Asura.Ryu said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:
heh... prior to getting my Sorc. Ring I never once buffed, hell I even use to think people who did buff were just wasting time.

Now however if my stun is down and they decide to cast another nuke i'd rather not get caught with my pants down. >.>
Stun down... just how long are you taking to kill them?
 Asura.Ryu
By Asura.Ryu 2010-03-22 19:24:28  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Ryu said:
Phoenix.Airbag said:

Stun down... just how long are you taking to kill them?

Couldn't tell ya to be honest (don't really pay much attention to how long it takes). Anyways I think we're getting a bit off topic here. =3
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-03-22 19:31:39  
Hasn't been mentioned, but Vicious Mufflers are an easy solo to anyone that can cast Sleep.
 Sylph.Sindri
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-22 19:34:48  
Morrigan's are best bar Zenith+ for damage assuming no resists. Zenith or Vicious a decent second the MP on Zenith making it the perfect choice
 Bahamut.Eorphere
サーバ: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2010-03-22 22:36:30  
plus, Zenith Mitts help in activating the latent for Sorcerer's Ring.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-22 22:48:20  
Bahamut.Eorphere said:
plus, Zenith Mitts help in activating the latent for Sorcerer's Ring.
Funny story I actually use the Zmitts to lower my hp then cast in Vmufflers.
Sylph.Sindri said:
Morrigan's are best bar Zenith for damage assuming no resists. Zenith or Vicious a decent second the MP on Zenith making it the perfect choice
Techincally if we are assuming no resist then morrigans is tied with the other 2 lol.

That being said in certain situations yigit can beat them. Pretty much anything lower than T4 for right now. Even T4 in those cases of really high MAB and/or low dint. For example against a pudding in my current gear on T4 on puddings yigit would actually be slightly better when ugg pendant is active and about the same without it active.
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-04-14 17:36:19  
Consider Goliard Cuffs as another possibility (MAB+4 MACC+4); I switched from Yigit to Goliard and the damage went up.
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-14 17:53:53  
Yigit hands will get beat by zenith/morri/goliard for T4 and AMII, but for most BLM setups Yigit will beat the other options for T3 and lower (this will depend on the amount of MAB you have).

So I carry morri, z.mitts (procing ring) and yigit on my BLM.
 Unicorn.Shianae
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Shianae
By Unicorn.Shianae 2010-04-14 18:01:06  
If you can, I would get your hands on Goliard Cuffs, MACC and MAB 4 is rather nice, or zenith is also decent, Morgy's would be awesome to get though :p

I prefer Goliard though because I'm an elv BLM and the Goliard cuffs suit me better when I'm nuking then the zenith does. Just my opinion though :]
By Oblisk 2010-04-19 12:01:24  
First off, never am2 puddings. To the point. Use full morri if you can for nuking non HNM high resisant stuff. If morri is unavailable I (my situation) use z mitts. The 5 MAB and 50 mp go a long way. For nuking high resistant mobs HNMs and such use a 320/120 set (you would be using Wizard gloves her).
 Cerberus.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Darkanaseur 2010-04-19 12:16:47  
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Converted hp > mp still counts as having that hp as your total >.>
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-04-19 12:22:48  
i do the same just zenith hands for latent and goli hands for nukes
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-04-19 12:27:56  
Cerberus.Darkanaseur said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

That's true, but he's not nuking in Zenith Mitts. I assume he's using the mitts as you would things like Zenith Slacks or a Serket Ring: as a means to drop max HP before swapping into a nuking set. If strapped for inventory space, I can see it negating the need to carry a few otherwise-useless pieces of HP lowering gear.

Then again, I could be completely off the mark.
 Cerberus.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Darkanaseur 2010-04-19 12:32:04  
Asura.Eeek said:
Cerberus.Darkanaseur said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

That's true, but he's not nuking in Zenith Mitts. I assume he's using the mitts as you would things like Zenith Slacks or a Serket Ring: as a means to drop max HP before swapping into a nuking set. If strapped for inventory space, I can see it negating the need to carry a few otherwise-useless pieces of HP lowering gear.

Then again, I could be completely off the mark.

No, what I mean is; you don't need to swap the mitts back out, your HP won't be in yellow but it still counts as though you had that extra +50hp, and latent would be in effect. Try it.
First Page 2