フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy 13
Final Fantasy 13
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11
 Phoenix.Tealsic
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Tealsic
By Phoenix.Tealsic 2010-03-21 01:28:17  
anyone beat one of the roaming adamantoises yet? ._.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-03-21 10:09:55  
Can beat the mini ones, not the HUEG LIKE XBOX ones. Working on it though...
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-03-21 10:20:44  
Pre-endgame, the only realistic way of killing the larger ones is with Vanille's Death. Make her party leader, give her a Malboro Wand, cast buffs such as haste & vigilance and pray to jesus that you're not sat there for half an hour spamming it still.

After you have access to stage 10, there are many youtube videos on the subject of killing them quickly that can point you in the right direction.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-03-21 10:51:35  
The only other way is the Highwind Method with Fang, but you'll to finish the game first. I tried it and I just need some more Att and I'll be set.
 Garuda.Xanthos
サーバ: Garuda
user: xanthos1
By Garuda.Xanthos 2010-03-21 18:12:07  
yes i have you need to habe more than 7k to stay alive and that power lvling the mines in grand pulse just start light fang and hope with medic synergist and sabotuer then switch to reletnless attack when full buffed and enemy debuff
By Antonaki 2010-03-21 18:29:56  
Phoenix.Tealsic said:

i have farmed a few of these, am yet to stumble across the bigger ones that give the trophy...

Adamantchield
Adamantoise
Adamantortoise

there is supposedly 2 bigger ones with totally different names.
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-03-21 18:51:43  
Shaolong Gui and Long Gui are spawned after you defeat Attacus, the Soulless (Mark 51).
By Antonaki 2010-03-21 19:03:33  
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
Shaolong Gui and Long Gui are spawned after you defeat Attacus, the Soulless (Mark 51).

I have done this, they are still not around.
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-03-21 19:09:29  
Are you certain? The Adamanchelid and Adamantoise should be replaced with the Shaolong Gui and Long Gui, respectively, after completing mark 51.
By Antonaki 2010-03-21 19:15:32  
Yep 100% positive, took me quite a few tries to beat Attacus. the only missions i havent done are Gigantuar (54?), the 2 magic spamming things (62?) and i believe there is a 64 which i have yet to discover.
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-03-21 19:17:34  
Strange. As far as I am aware only defeating Attacus should be relevant to their spawning. Maybe try defeating Gigantaur and see if that changes them.
By Antonaki 2010-03-21 19:21:56  
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
Strange. As far as I am aware only defeating Attacus should be relevant to their spawning. Maybe try defeating Gigantaur and see if that changes them.

trying lol, him and the magic spamming twin things are giving me no end of hassle
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-03-21 19:24:38  
Gigantaur was a challenge for me. However the time I beat him was a walk in the park.

I went with Hope(MED) Snow(SEN) Fang(COM), with Snow as leader. Didn't need to switch paradigm and had no real trouble. It's not a five star rating strat, but it'll get you the win.
By Antonaki 2010-03-21 19:28:02  
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
Gigantaur was a challenge for me. However the time I beat him was a walk in the park.

I went with Hope(MED) Snow(SEN) Fang(COM), with Snow as leader. Didn't need to switch paradigm and had no real trouble. It's not a five star rating strat, but it'll get you the win.

will give it a try, thanks.
 Fenrir.Dramanue
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-03-22 09:07:29  
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:

Went in with a similar "strategy". Lightning (COM), Snow (MED), and Fang (SEN) with Lightning as lead. I just had Fang take the brunt of the damage while Lightning just chipped away ever so painfully slowly at its HP. Whenever I needed some extra healing, I just spammed Potions. When I noticed I needed some heavy healing, I summoned, did a bit of damage, then ended the summon just to heal everyone back up. Worked well for an 8 minute fight. I would have no idea on how to do this under the time limit... By the way, you'll have to make sure that your people are way over the 10k hp mark before attempting this. He just spams 10,000 Needles over and over again.
 Fenrir.Dramanue
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-03-22 09:10:15  
I keep seeing mention of the three different adamantoise... the child ones, adamantoise, and adamantortoise... am I missing something? All I see are the child ones and the big ones. Is there a larger group I'm missing? I've completed all of the D, C, and B missions...
 Siren.Talonn
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-22 09:29:33  
Adamanchild - The smaller of those large as weird looking things. You can kill them near the end of the many story. Only 1 target during fight.

Admantortoise - Much stronger verison. Has 2 leg targets, which when destoryed (1M HP) will bring the many target into a weakened state where you can land debuffs etc. Very high magic and Strength, bout 10k/hit damage to an unbuffed PT after story.

Adamantoise is something different which can be found back at Eden after the story. Spam cast death on it til it dies is easy way to make money and exp
 Shiva.Nightraid
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Nightraid 2010-03-22 09:29:57  
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
I keep seeing mention of the three different adamantoise... the child ones, adamantoise, and adamantortoise... am I missing something? All I see are the child ones and the big ones. Is there a larger group I'm missing? I've completed all of the D, C, and B missions...

Basically, Adamanchelid is the small ones that dont have chains around they're Ankles/no Horns. Adamantoise are the slightly larger ones with horns wandering around The Archtype(sp) Steppe. The Adamantortoise area bigger version of them and the only 2 i know spawn in the Eastern Tors, near the mission ring 54-60(ithink?)
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-03-22 10:44:29  
There are (I think) seven Adamanchelid in the Steppe; one roaming, two guarding treasure spheres, and three in the "ortoise area". These are distinguisable by their lack of horns, chains and driver seats on their neck. I would imagine them to be either females or children, most likely the former.

There are two Adamantortoise in the Steppe, each one guards a one of the two paths into the "ortoise area" where the three weaker ones are. These have chains around their feet, a seat upon their necks and two horns, one of which is broken.

There are two Adamantoise in the Steppe (and one in Eden), which can be found wondering around. The first is north of the entrance where you first enter the zone, and the second can be found wandering a path near the chocobo near the pond, and the chocobo near the two rocks with a small path between them. These have the chains, the seat, two unbroken horns and their shell is covered in objects.
 Bismarck.Hisagi
サーバ: Bismarck
user: junpei87
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2010-03-23 20:46:12  
Phoenix.Tealsic said:
Killed the big ones too with vanille and her death spell,made omega weapon for lighting before kill final boss.
I loved this game <3
 Ramuh.Zangada
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2010-04-04 19:39:06  
I just beat the game, the ending was kinda cool but short, so wtf is the purpose if making everything avalible after u beat it?

I just dont understand why they would want to collect new gear, upgrade weapons and max out jobs when the game is basically over.
 Asura.Despayn
サーバ: Asura
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-04 19:45:15  
Missions are very challenging, and very fun. Worth playing after you beat it. That's how ALL final fantasy games are.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-04 20:00:24  
The final boss is a push over compared to a hefty number of rank A marks.
Just wait until you have to fight a Long Gui.

I just need some more gil to upgrade these remaining weapons and I'll have 1000/1000 Gamerscore for it.

I can't wait to play it again, this time knowing what to do and using Sazh, Snow, and Hope instead of Vanille, Fang, and Lightning.
 Asura.Despayn
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-04 21:44:50  
I can't find myself using anyone else besides Lightning/Vanille/Fang. >_>'
 Remora.Thiefninja
サーバ: Remora
user: Gawdless
By Remora.Thiefninja 2010-04-04 22:33:53  
beat the game and all the marks. was fun.

i always used sazh,lightning,and fang for my adaman killing. btw i also have all 3 chars with dmg-80% so thats why they are easy and thier fully upgraded weapons. lvl 100. wasnt hard to get since death farming adamans was fast. took about 10 hours? to get the 3 weapons maxed. btw sazh's cold blood? was really nice for making them stagger. which is like key in raping thier face. oh and i have like 25k hp too. lol
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-04 22:42:43  
I finally got the last achievement, lol. Treasure Hunter is a ***.

I was lazy with Adamans so I just would get TP and summon Bahamut to get it on the ground. (I could easily take out the legs but the effort...)
The death way is horrible. Once you get a decent weapon for Fang, you can just stagger it while on the ground and take it out before it gets up (Com/Rav/Rav)

Going to use Sazh, Hope, and Snow this time.
I just re-did Mission 63 over and over again for Platinum Ingots and Trapz. Droprate is awesome. Glad I'm done with that file.

Onto the next!
 Asura.Despayn
By Asura.Despayn 2010-04-04 23:26:13  
COM COM RAV is even better once its already staggered on the ground, imo.

My strategy was SYN SYN SYN at the beginning, get at least Bravera and Haste up. Can take your sweet time buffing up, since it doesn't matter as long as no one dies (which no one will; don't worry about healing).

Once I was buffed, I'd call Odin on Lightning, get the turtle down on the ground, and then Zantetsuken. Come back as SAB SAB SAB, fully debuff it. If its not staggered by the time you've debuffed it (at least Deprotect/shell), switch to RAV RAV RAV, and that stagger bar will go through the roof.

Once its staggered, COM COM RAV, and you win within seconds. Not hard, just requires grinding before hand to max some of the paradigms.
 Remora.Thiefninja
サーバ: Remora
user: Gawdless
By Remora.Thiefninja 2010-04-04 23:43:28  
yeah thats my method but instead i have syn syn med. then swith to rav rav rav for the feet. once those are out i go to sab sab sab to debuff then top him off with rav rav rav. then go to com com com for rape. quite easy after you beat the game and have tier10 crystalarium. but it would be a challenge to do it a straight fight/non smn way beforehand.

btw des how did you like the story? i thought it was good...not great...ending was nice but could of been better.. all in all a pretty fun game
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-05 07:59:40  
Asura.Despayn said:
COM COM RAV is even better once its already staggered on the ground, imo.

My strategy was SYN SYN SYN at the beginning, get at least Bravera and Haste up. Can take your sweet time buffing up, since it doesn't matter as long as no one dies (which no one will; don't worry about healing).

Once I was buffed, I'd call Odin on Lightning, get the turtle down on the ground, and then Zantetsuken. Come back as SAB SAB SAB, fully debuff it. If its not staggered by the time you've debuffed it (at least Deprotect/shell), switch to RAV RAV RAV, and that stagger bar will go through the roof.

Once its staggered, COM COM RAV, and you win within seconds. Not hard, just requires grinding before hand to max some of the paradigms.

Well since I had everyone fully upgraded and their tier 3 weapon, I'd kill it before it even got to 999.99% Stagger, lol. But before I would do Com/Rav/Rav then Com/Com/Com once it was fully staggered. I did the same thing, just while Bahamut was out attacking, I would debuff as Fang (Slow, Deprotect, Deshell, and Imperil). Use Megaflare ((This alone took off about 1mil HP making it all the faster), and Com/Rav/Rav it up.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-05 08:08:16  
Death method is kinda lame.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11