フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy 13
Final Fantasy 13
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Remora.Fyyvoaa
サーバ: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Fyyvoaa
By Remora.Fyyvoaa 2010-03-09 10:51:04  
Picked mine up at midnight last night as well as a collector guide (probably will stay in the shrink wrap it's in until I am done with the game)

Seems fairly linear compared to the other FF games, but I do like the combat system and how "Fluid" it feels, I rarely feel that I am just sitting there waiting for stuff to happen because I have to input battle commands.
 Lakshmi.Holman
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-03-09 11:04:09  
I'm reading this collectors book and it's well done.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2010-03-09 11:04:34  
Odin.Kviton said:
A big step up from FFXII

Long corridors FF is a big step-up?

Or you talking about the battle system?

I have not play yet but from all that I have read I can't see how this game is a big step-up... Looks entertaining but it also mean we won't get a real "Final fantasy" till maybe FF15... and that will probably be in a long time.

Maybe most of the reviewers I've read were on crack, though! ^^;
 Unicorn.Sedres
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2010-03-09 11:10:57  
It isn't jumping to the top of my FF list so far, but it's a helluva lot better than 12 was.
 Phoenix.Slytribal
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2010-03-09 11:14:19  
Pandemonium.Liquidz said:
Odin.Kviton said:
A big step up from FFXII

I have not play yet but from all that I have read I can't see how this game is a big step-up... Looks entertaining but it also mean we won't get a real "Final fantasy" till maybe FF15... and that will probably be in a long time.

Nah, those reviewers are spot on, this is a major step back. Battle system is nice, but gets tedious rather early on, only battles that still get you going are the ones that make you change paradigms a lot.

The game has no freedom, pretty much the only NPC interaction (If you can even call it that) is at the very beginning and in a few flashback scenes, and with no cities to have rests in and just enjoy the game, it becomes to feel like a chore if you don't take breaks from the game.

Edit: Storyline is brilliant though, only reason I'm still really playing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-03-09 13:22:11  
so I registered FF13 on the square enix site because it said I would get a reward. when i registered, it said the reward would be a ingame item in FF14 and it would be revealed at a later date on the fan site. Any ideas of what the in game item for FF!4 is going to be? kind of exciting.
 Garuda.Glaciont
サーバ: Garuda
user: glaciont
By Garuda.Glaciont 2010-03-09 13:25:26  
Fairy.Vegetto said:

get good troll harder
 Phoenix.Airbag
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-03-09 13:27:06  
Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:
so I registered FF13 on the square enix site because it said I would get a reward. when i registered, it said the reward would be a ingame item in FF14 and it would be revealed at a later date on the fan site. Any ideas of what the in game item for FF!4 is going to be? kind of exciting.

inb4 novelty hat
 Fairy.Vincentius
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Vincentius 2010-03-09 13:37:22  
Odin.Kviton said:
A big step up from FFXII

Gotta play it for yourself to know which it'll be for you. Don't trust someone else's opinion to make your decisions for you.

And yes, I'm playing it right now. It's far superior to 12 in my opinion. The story alone puts this game ahead, and I'm just thankful that the main female character is a strong one this time, and not some *** making me play Barbie's Final Fantasy X-2: Dress-Up!

X-2. Worst game ever. Threw it away after 15 minutes, and yes I mean in the trash.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-03-09 13:42:05  
FFXI players go post in FFXIAH

I think FFXIV has a FFXIVAH for you to post at!!!

LOL
 Fairy.Vincentius
By Fairy.Vincentius 2010-03-09 13:43:17  
>_> What?

Liquidz, take care of your HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE friends.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-03-09 13:53:23  
I'm skeptical. I don't want to be walked through a linear adventure game with a plot that's basically FF7 again, a main character that is literally Cloud's facial mesh from Advent Children with different hair, no towns, no choices, no NPC's, and no exploration. I'd rather go watch a movie.

If it ends up with a great score on Metacritic, I'll consider it, but for now I don't really see the point, given I haven't been able to finish any FF since 10.
[+]
 Bismarck.Evolex
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Evolex
By Bismarck.Evolex 2010-03-09 13:56:30  
Just got outta class, about to head home and play it. WOO
 Phoenix.Slytribal
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2010-03-09 13:59:53  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
I'm skeptical. I don't want to be walked through a linear adventure game with a plot that's basically FF7 again, a main character that is literally Cloud's facial mesh from Advent Children with different hair, no towns, no choices, no NPC's, and no exploration. I'd rather go watch a movie.

If it ends up with a great score on Metacritic, I'll consider it, but for now I don't really see the point, given I haven't been able to finish any FF since 10.

Storyline is far different than FF7, could even be better, and main character isn't quite Cloud. All the rest is just as you put it though. Great storyline, good character build, good voice acting, good visuals, decent music score and a decent battle system. That's pretty much all that's good.

Pretty much, I'm 35 hours into it now.. Still going along the straight forward map, battle, move, battle, move, adjust stats, move, battle, CS, move, CS, battle, move, longer CS.

How you start the game, is pretty much half the game, then you get to the lower world, and even though it feels more free, you're still doing exactly the same.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-03-09 14:02:24  
Already disc 2, this linear play style is so damn boring. Battles are fun, so is Odin, but its just run around, fight, cs, repeat.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-03-09 14:31:22  
I understand from the reviews that the game is very very linear until much later. If I remember X correctly it was the same way, until the end when you could basically go back and do all the side quests etc. (monster hunts, blitzball)
 Phoenix.Slytribal
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2010-03-09 14:34:06  
Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:
I understand from the reviews that the game is very very linear until much later. If I remember X correctly it was the same way, until the end when you could basically go back and do all the side quests etc. (monster hunts, blitzball)

Only things that could be counted as side quests here are the FFXII Hunt missions, nothing else. I'm on third disc for Xbox and the parts you play are exactly the same as when you start. No variation, apart from Eidolons.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2010-03-09 14:43:32  
Fairy.Vincentius said:
Odin.Kviton said:
A big step up from FFXII

Gotta play it for yourself to know which it'll be for you. Don't trust someone else's opinion to make your decisions for you.

And yes, I'm playing it right now. It's far superior to 12 in my opinion. The story alone puts this game ahead, and I'm just thankful that the main female character is a strong one this time, and not some *** making me play Barbie's Final Fantasy X-2: Dress-Up!

X-2. Worst game ever. Threw it away after 15 minutes, and yes I mean in the trash.

Of course, I will play it till the end! I'm sure there will be enough in it for me to have a lot of fun!
Fairy.Vincentius said:

Liquidz, take care of your HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE friends.

rofl, will do!
 Pandemonium.Areis
user: Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2010-03-09 14:55:17  
Well i put 8 hours into the game last night...

The game is LINEAR.
Level progression is lacking.
Fights are tedious.

but the game play reminds me of Xenosaga. Where your basically playing a movie with interspersed battles to keep you interested for the 40 hour ride.

I do miss the "free level" systems from FF-X & XII. There's something to be said for being able to go off the beaten path with your progression.
The no NPC interaction and no Towns doesn't throw me for as much of a loop as it might have seemed, the story keeps moving well on it's own at this point in the game. The cut scenes really do take care of most of the dialog that you would usually be reading from a floating text box in older RPGs.

Map design reminds me of Last Remnant, where you've just got a narrow path to move down the beautifully sculpted landscape.

While enemies appear "onscreen" I miss the field battles of XII the constant enter/exit for fights eats up as much or more time on average than the fights themselves.

I dunno I might put in a few more hours before i goto work tonight see where it goes.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-03-09 15:51:14  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Already disc 2, this linear play style is so damn boring. Battles are fun, so is Odin, but its just run around, fight, cs, repeat.

fail, ps3 version wru?
 Fairy.Ghaleon
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-03-09 16:11:30  
how come people have failed to mention the soundtrack for this game? its very well done.

(minus the fact they put lulleonalewis main theme instead of jp main theme :( )
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-03-09 16:23:42  
Fairy.Ghaleon said:
how come people have failed to mention the soundtrack for this game? its very well done. (minus the fact they put lulleonalewis main theme instead of jp main theme :( )

leona lewis is about as easy on the eyes as they come :)

(although with that said seems weird she is appearing in a final fantasy game)
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-03-09 16:25:51  
I'd love to just run around on a ditzy world map like the good days in FF7/8/9. Even if it totally defies the next-gen graphics and HD quality laws.
 Odin.Kalico
サーバ: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-09 16:27:51  
Well this sounds like a rpg/shooter rather than just a rpg. w/o npc's, Towns and side qst to boost your gear weapons stats ect.... i'll think i'll pass on this 1. This is definetily no rpg though lol
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-03-09 16:30:25  
Odin.Kalico said:
Well this sounds like a rpg/shooter rather than just a rpg. w/o npc's, Towns and side qst to boost your gear weapons stats ect.... i'll think i'll pass on this 1. This is definetily no rpg though lol

I really hope this game doesn't turn out like Avatar where it's worth seeing for the sake of visual eye candy, but overall lacked depth and substance to be an overall a worthwhile piece.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-09 16:35:53  
I kinda like a bit of linearity sometimes
By shadower 2010-03-09 16:36:29  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Odin.Kalico said:
I really hope this game doesn't turn out like Avatar where it's worth seeing for the sake of visual eye candy, but overall lacked depth and substance to be an overall a worthwhile piece.
I couldn't get my hand on ps3 slim system atm...everywhere are sold out, I did see a friend of mine play...graphics look awesome but the game play too linear...So i'm gonna pass on this game.
 Fairy.Darkei
user: Darkei
By Fairy.Darkei 2010-03-09 17:08:36  
troll mode:

How Linear Is Too Linear?
By MarleanArsife 2010-03-09 17:14:54  
Cant believe how many people didn't like XII, I enjoyed the battle system the most in it. I always hated how in Ex. FFX you get the shattered glass battle begins..etc...Now its sorta back to this in 13 though its much quicker. I bought it today along with Dante's Inferno, played FFXIII a good 20mins and then switched. It was kind of boring and I felt like I was just clicking X the whole time..Im hoping I just didn't give it enough time.
 Fairy.Usua
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-03-09 17:31:53  
Seraph.Antonious said:
Phoenix.Jovant said:
ah... welp if it was me i would have opened it when i first got it... what did u do? go to midnight release buy it then go to sleep? if so what was the reason to buy it midnight release if u wasnt even going to play it?? >.>;

I would imagine so he could play it when he woke up. Instead of having to get up, get cleaned up, run out to the store to get it still, then come back home and play.
Most people stay up all night and play that ***if they go to the midnight release.
Atleast that's what my friends and I did with gaylo 3.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11