Xbox Live Now Allows Sexual, Racial Identifiers

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Xbox Live Now Allows Sexual, Racial Identifiers
Xbox Live Now Allows Sexual, Racial Identifiers
 Valefor.Mattyc
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Mattyc 2010-03-05 11:44:28  
just say your gay, dont need a gamertag saying "gay bilbo" or w/e....
put it in your bio....
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-03-05 11:45:05  
So I can make a gamertag named GayBob or something? I can see people make stupid names like YouAreGay and YourMomIsATransgender.

This is rather dumb to allow in gamertags. Allowing people to put the fact they are Gay/Bi/Transgender/Straight in their profile I think is ok.
 Fairy.Phatdade
サーバ: Fairy
user: phatdade
By Fairy.Phatdade 2010-03-05 11:52:06  
Race : No thanks, I'm too fat, and you'd win.
Sex : Yes please!
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-05 11:53:07  
Valefor.Mattyc said:
just say your gay, dont need a gamertag saying "gay bilbo" or w/e.... put it in your bio....
they still got banned if they did that.
 Gilgamesh.Cecilharvey
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cecilharvey 2010-03-05 12:01:36  
Ramuh.Rowland said:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178234

which will allow users to "more freely express their race, nationality, religion and sexual orientation" in Gamertags and online profiles. "Under our previous policy, some of these expressions of self identification were not allowed in Gamertags or profiles to prevent the use of these terms as insults or slurs," wrote XBL general manager Marc Whitten. "However we have since heard feedback from our customers that while the spirit of this approach was genuine, it inadvertently excluded a part of our Xbox Live community."

when i get an XBOX Live tag i'm gonna fully express it!!!!

PS: no offense to anyone, just somes black humor >.>;;
 Remora.Ampelius
サーバ: Remora
user: Ampelius
By Remora.Ampelius 2010-03-05 14:38:52  
maybe if gay people would stop acting like it's so offensive when ignorant narrow-minded people use these terms negatively it wouldn't be such a big deal in the first place. like the idea of a bully losing their power over you when you ignore them.
 Ramuh.Zangada
サーバ: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2010-03-05 14:50:21  
People just like to complain about w/e they can and want it all. At this point they're just useing this as an excuse to get more things their way. Take what u got and stop complaining.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-05 14:57:37  
I can see all those white wannabe thugs writing that ghetto babble on their profiles.. Kinda takes away from the civilized nature of Xbox Live.
 Remora.Fyyvoaa
サーバ: Remora
user: Fyyvoaa
By Remora.Fyyvoaa 2010-03-05 20:37:42  
/sigh

Microsoft I swear is run by 12 year olds

I can see this being abused in so many ways and will end up offending A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of people.

So basically is there any type of restriction on what you can name your tag or ... just whatever the *** you want?

Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-03-05 20:57:04  
so instead of: XxXx1337XXxxxXXTHEULTIMATEBADASSGUYFORPWNINGNOOBSBROSKISXXxxxXX7331xXxX We're gonna have: 8====D{!}FAGATRONIXPWNINNEWBSDAGLOLPENISLOLxXxX1337XXX

And I thought it couldn't get any worse.