Barr

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
Barr
By Granolaa 2010-03-04 11:58:37  
Our linkshell is very young and has very big plans. No we aren't the biggest. No we aren't the best(yet). But everyone has to start somewhere and this LS is starting out helping you learn. Our goal is to build a strong family with values in the game that other LS don't have. Our goal is not to shove what we have in the faces of others or brag. Our goal is to teach others and improve our skills in the game and in the process become well geared players. For now as of March 4, 2010 I would like to welcome you all into the LS not just the LS but the family that I'm creating.

Remember, we're starting to small to go big.

Currently the LS has about 12 members completing sky, nyzul, znm, dynamis, and other various projects. We're looking to expand and begin einherjar, limbus, sea, and many more bigger things.

We do not accept members who do not have sky but we accept members who have completed Promyvion. We accept all jobs aside from SMN and BST although those jobs are still highly considered if they have skill to offer us.

We are not however currently looking to support the HNM needs of players. We are establishing a small family and helping new players learn before we begin that journey.

Current times are:
Dynamis - Monday and Thursday - 3:00pEST - 4:00pEST entrance.
Sky - Tuesday and Friday - 8:00pEST - 10:00pEST Gather at Despot
Nyzul Isle - Monday and Thursday - 9pEST - 9:30pEST entrance(Times subject to change, Limited to 6 per run second group may be made if over 6.)
ZNM/various event - Wednesday and Sunday - 8pEST - 10pEST

Come check us out at: barrffxi.com or contact the following in game:
Granolaa
Senkai
Grecko
Kakazu
 Cerberus.Okita
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pent
By Cerberus.Okita 2010-03-04 13:04:59  
Granolaa said:
We do not accept members who do not have sky but we accept members who have completed Promyvion. We accept all jobs aside from SMN and BST although those jobs are still highly considered if they have skill to offer us.

Just a friendly word of advice. You shouldn't be turning down SMN's for a starting end game LS. SMN has plenty to offer for most end game activities, especially at the lower end of the spectrum, regardless of skill. Skill is always a plus, regardless of job, that's a given. SMN is generally not turned away from end game, so you should at least rethink that part of your recruitment post. Further more as a starting LS, you should not be turning down anyone who at least has sky and a 75 job. By having sky they will in turn have access to most of the lower tier end game content. But that's just my opinion. Cheers and Good luck.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eanae
user: Eanae
By Cerberus.Eanae 2010-03-04 13:23:13  
I agree. Do not count summoner out. Played right, it is a very powerful job. Not only powerful, but safe to use. Knocking out 1000 damage bloodpacts while feeding the mob no tp and being in no danger from tp moves yourself is nothing to scoff at.

I respect highly that you know where to start and are building from the grounds up rather than jumping right to the end. Maybe one day we'll see you on the HNM field. :)

If you need any advice or help from a vet who spends 99% of his time in game bored looking for something to do, don't be afraid to hit me up.

Best of luck!
 Siren.Delirium
サーバ: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2010-03-04 13:31:12  
<3 the name of the LS Barr due to it being my last name, but SMNs and BSTs are amazing in any endgame setting.
By Granolaa 2010-03-04 13:41:15  
We actually have bst and smn at the moment. Enough of them at least for now. We still do take them but we aren't focusing on those jobs and it would be nice if the smn or bst applying had a job to fall back on or at least have sky and sea because the ones i have had speak to me have had neither. Also scratch Kakazu off that list of who to talk to his sack got removed and he tried to emo ragequit but was kicked by popular demand.
 Siren.Delirium
サーバ: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2010-03-04 13:43:00  
can i be an honorary member from siren?
 Cerberus.Eanae
By Cerberus.Eanae 2010-03-04 13:51:32  
Fall back jobs are always nice, and having people with only one archtype always sucks, but seeing as Armada wields as many as 7 or 8 summoners to fights like Khim and Tiamat, with 12 members, I'm going to assume your cap is pretty low.
By Granolaa 2010-03-04 14:08:18  
Yes Delirium =P and eanae yeah right now weh vae half that but right now we're also not going after khim or tiamat but! one day we will haha far far future.
By Granolaa 2010-03-04 14:11:49  
Also it says we're recruiting them on the lsws haha it should be pup in place of smn in the top post. yes im blind. but we do still like fall backjobs for smn's
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-03-04 15:44:39  
I'm confused. What's going on in here, Eanae is being nice to a startup shell?
 Cerberus.Furionstormrage
By Cerberus.Furionstormrage 2010-03-04 17:29:24  
In his thinly veiled condescending manner, yes.
By Granolaa 2010-03-04 18:28:11  
prlly cause we're a startup shell not lolcamping hnm's
 Cerberus.Eanae
By Cerberus.Eanae 2010-03-04 18:39:26  
Too many linkshells start way above their heads these days. Remember the days when people would actually learn content before jumping into Aery? There simply isn't enough linkshells around dedicated to helping people learn what the *** they're doing. How many people on Cerb started in some linkshell like VanadielsFinest (yes they suck but everyone has to start somewhere) before moving into a bigger shell? To be completely honest, there's no shells dedicated to learning the game from the bottom up anymore because everyone wants into the hardcore stuff right away. I can't count the number of people we've had to recruit who have no idea what they're doing in the simplest ***like sky. It's embarrassing. HNM ls need the little shells to survive because the little shells provide the background experience that they require from people.
 Cerberus.Hayai
user: Hayai
By Cerberus.Hayai 2010-03-04 18:44:53  
Nolaa <3 Hope your ls gets off to a good start and you get some key, enthusiastic players to help you along!
 Valefor.Eirinne
サーバ: Valefor
user: Eirinne
By Valefor.Eirinne 2010-03-04 18:46:31  
Cerberus.Okita said:
Granolaa said:

Just a friendly word of advice. You shouldn't be turning down SMN's for a starting end game LS. SMN has plenty to offer for most end game activities, especially at the lower end of the spectrum, regardless of skill. Skill is always a plus, regardless of job, that's a given. SMN is generally not turned away from end game, so you should at least rethink that part of your recruitment post. Further more as a starting LS, you should not be turning down anyone who at least has sky and a 75 job. By having sky they will in turn have access to most of the lower tier end game content. But that's just my opinion. Cheers and Good luck.

I also agree. We use SMNs in our endgame shell, and they do quite well.
 Cerberus.Furionstormrage
By Cerberus.Furionstormrage 2010-03-04 19:03:42  
Cerberus.Eanae said:
Too many linkshells start way above their heads these days. Remember the days when people would actually learn content before jumping into Aery? There simply isn't enough linkshells around dedicated to helping people learn what the *** they're doing. How many people on Cerb started in some linkshell like VanadielsFinest (yes they suck but everyone has to start somewhere) before moving into a bigger shell? To be completely honest, there's no shells dedicated to learning the game from the bottom up anymore because everyone wants into the hardcore stuff right away. I can't count the number of people we've had to recruit who have no idea what they're doing in the simplest ***like sky. It's embarrassing. HNM ls need the little shells to survive because the little shells provide the background experience that they require from people.

That's why shells like mine exist, to fill that middle gap of people who are competent and willing to learn, but just don't want to do HNM or dedicate as much time to endgame as most shells offer. We're good at what we do, but we don't mind teaching people how to do it in the first place.

Not to go on a tangent, but most of our recruits are friends or family of current members, the odds of random guy #59 getting in are very low. That often means that we have to "train" new members, but we're getting good people. It's not like anything in Sky/Sea/Einherjar/ZNM/etc is all that hard, when people actually pay attention and listen.

At any rate, best of luck to the OP with their LS. ^^
By Granolaa 2010-03-04 19:11:58  
Honestly I'd love to join one of the HNM shells really but I actually enjoy helping others and leading shells which is why i chose not to. iv been playing since the US release on and off but i still dont know all that i should know about the things like sky, sea, limbus, einherjar, etc. which is why iv stuck to either my own shell or like you said VF(no ill never go back ._. all my friends left and joined kon). although i don't intend my shell to become like VF i intend it to move on through things together as a team. but thats left to the members and other leaders to decide because i alone cant set their sights on greater things. just teach them the smaller. =)

and thank you hayai <3 hurry up and get your relic done so i can steal you.. haha :3
 Hades.Kerlle
サーバ: Hades
user: Kerlle
By Hades.Kerlle 2010-03-05 00:40:20  
Eanae, gona have to admit,

Pegged you wrong man:
Cerberus.Eanae said:
I agree. Do not count summoner out. Played right, it is a very powerful job. Not only powerful, but safe to use. Knocking out 1000 damage bloodpacts while feeding the mob no tp and being in no danger from tp moves yourself is nothing to scoff at.

I respect highly that you know where to start and are building from the grounds up rather than jumping right to the end. Maybe one day we'll see you on the HNM field. :)

If you need any advice or help from a vet who spends 99% of his time in game bored looking for something to do, don't be afraid to hit me up.

Best of luck!

I’ll have to admit. Thought you were one of those pin in the @#$& know it all players.

Then I see this post of yours and a few others.

Bark loud but you’re a big softy huh?

You know there are some people out there that will be kind to your face then stab you in the back.

At least with you I know there will be no sugar coating, no BS.

Gone be looking you up man. /Befriend Eanae @.@!
 Cerberus.Eanae
By Cerberus.Eanae 2010-03-05 00:51:37  
I just tell it as I see it with no bias!
By Granolaa 2010-03-05 00:52:06  
Awwe. Bromance.
 Cerberus.Danielley
user: Danielley
By Cerberus.Danielley 2010-03-05 02:43:59  
Vaness! Hes Showing His Warm And Cuddly Side! Come Quick! :3
 Cerberus.Inglorion
user: Inglorion
By Cerberus.Inglorion 2010-03-05 04:02:28  
Smn are awsome, even dreamshroud + titan stoneskin help alot, not to mention Diabolos favor and among many other things smn can do!, but yeah, GL =)