users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Smithing » what in the sam hell is this trash
what in the sam hell is this trash
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-03-03 23:32:39  
51.2 smithing, decided to turn my last stack of darksteel ingots into sheets hoping to cap at 52 so I can farm steel ingots.

0/11 for skillups
1/12 on skillup for .1 when I, of course, lost my ingot.

Need to fume >_> thats worse than when I was doing 100 alchemy.
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-03-03 23:41:05  
^ I concur.

YAY Crafting Randomness!!

I had the same happen on Cooking.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-03-03 23:42:07  
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
I blame the gross and disturbing sexy Asian guy in your avatar that belongs on craigslist should stay right there. :3

lol not going anywhere!

I should change it up and use the one I'm using for my ls forum avatar.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-03-03 23:46:49  
ya lemme change it rq then so you can see!

nvm, this thing is messed up >_> I hit save and its HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE! definitely not user friendly >_>
By Wakabo 2010-03-04 00:44:14  
Just wait as you save up a stack of mats to craft that cost 2x the worth of D.S. Ingots and some break and no skill ups :c
 Diabolos.Rydiya
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Rydiya
By Diabolos.Rydiya 2010-03-04 00:46:15  
Wakabo said:
Just wait as you save up a stack of mats to craft that cost 2x the worth of D.S. Ingots and some break and no skill ups :c
Wakaaaa.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-04 00:52:05  
I know people will be like blah blah you can't prove it. But I've never had problems like that skilling up since I started using http://ffxi.lokyst.net/timer/crafttimer.html. And compared to these horror stories I here like this is way more than good enough for me. Well that and sometimes when I read it wrong and like do the opposite my skillups stop coming for some reason... weird

And on top of having a 94 4 60s not counting fishing/synergy on my main I got a mule to 100 bonecraft and 60 alchemy/leather subs in all of about 3months. All without going with those rediculous long spells of no skill ups.

Usually about a 1-1.5 stacks of synths got me 1 lvl. until around 90. Then it was more like 1.5-2. As long as I used that crafting timer well.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-03-04 01:01:20  
I've had days like that.. Drives me nuts when I do too.. Lucky for me, my main craft is cooking, so it's not quite as bad for me when I get no skill ups..

But now I'm starting on clothcraft on a mule, so I'm sure I'll soon feel that burn.. I'm only at level 7 and I can already tell, this isn't going to be anywhere near as cheap as cooking to level (and cooking wasn't even exactly cheap to level.. past level 40ish anyways)
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-03-04 03:46:53  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I know people will be like blah blah you can't prove it. But I've never had problems like that skilling up since I started using http://ffxi.lokyst.net/timer/crafttimer.html. And compared to these horror stories I here like this is way more than good enough for me. Well that and sometimes when I read it wrong and like do the opposite my skillups stop coming for some reason... weird

And on top of having a 94 4 60s not counting fishing/synergy on my main I got a mule to 100 bonecraft and 60 alchemy/leather subs in all of about 3months. All without going with those rediculous long spells of no skill ups.

Usually about a 1-1.5 stacks of synths got me 1 lvl. until around 90. Then it was more like 1.5-2. As long as I used that crafting timer well.

yeah but, i dont like waiting around for the perfect time to craft :/ its a break-even synths and i was just doing a stack so wth /shrug
 Bismarck.Celerin
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Celerin
By Bismarck.Celerin 2010-03-07 13:53:04  
should just go for steel ingots instead.
By Nightbear 2010-03-07 14:03:56  
:/ yeah i hate spending 200k on materials even when i farm half of them or camp the AH for weeks to get .2 after 28+ synths >.< went 88 to 89 with about 400k ( after farming rams/crystals/travels to windy to npc prices to save me up other 200k) and yes the crafthing timer did help >_> a lot , after that Im just forcing my skill go lower when im close to 3 levels from cap and you get .1 every other synt. so belive!