RMT Messages
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2008-12-01 03:05:24  
Baelorn said:
Neonracer said:
Everyones going to get there share of these messages, and if you don't, then you have one dayum helluva horseshoe up yer @$$!
I never got one...I feel left out Q_Q lol.

The rest of us here can Flood your Inbox, if that wil make you feel loved???

LULZ......j/k! =D
 Ramuh.Awangarda
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Awangarda
By Ramuh.Awangarda 2008-12-15 07:34:08  
could someone explain me what on earth is this person doing?
http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=534498
 Leviathan.Celestinia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2008-12-15 07:49:19  
Awangarda said:
could someone explain me what on earth is this person doing? http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=534498

It seems like either price fixing or extremely lucky getting some items for 10k that are worth 80-100k... the people they are buying some items from dont look like mules.

It could just be that people are trying to avoid AH tax by putting items on cheap and this person is profiting from it. If this is the case, smart move by them.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2008-12-17 04:14:48  
I have been sent dozens of /tell today from a player called Glittie who is advertising a site called Warcup.com. After checking on google it seems this is another RMT site.I thought all this had stopped as I haven't had a message through POL for weeks now,seems they are just going to spam /tell at people instead :(
 Unicorn.Tavlov
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2008-12-17 04:56:31  
Celestinia said:
Awangarda said:
could someone explain me what on earth is this person doing? http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=534498

It seems like either price fixing or extremely lucky getting some items for 10k that are worth 80-100k... the people they are buying some items from dont look like mules.

It could just be that people are trying to avoid AH tax by putting items on cheap and this person is profiting from it. If this is the case, smart move by them.

Seconded.

While some of it looks like rmt business. It honestly looks like this is someones mule that he just sits at the AH with and low-ball bids on everything looking for mistakes by others or stupid cheap ppl... What an idea!
 Ifrit.Durai
サーバ: Ifrit
user: olan
By Ifrit.Durai 2008-12-17 09:06:12  
I've been receiving spam emails from MYSELF! How on earth does that work? I'm changing my password as soon as I get home.
 Cerberus.Savannah
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2008-12-17 09:52:28  
Durai said:
I've been receiving spam emails from MYSELF! How on earth does that work? I'm changing my password as soon as I get home.

Thats...special.

geez even I dont love myself that much to send myself emails >.> hahaha j/k j/k

It is weird tho...i'll give u that
 Ramuh.Awangarda
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Awangarda
By Ramuh.Awangarda 2008-12-17 23:20:54  
Tavlov said:
Celestinia said:
Awangarda said:

Seconded.

While some of it looks like rmt business. It honestly looks like this is someones mule that he just sits at the AH with and low-ball bids on everything looking for mistakes by others or stupid cheap ppl... What an idea!

when I asked LS about this, someone said 'surely it's ah-bot'. I am not sure what actually AH bot does, but if this sort of thing is involved, maybe GM should be alarmed?
 Phoenix.Baelorn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2008-12-18 00:39:31  
AH bots auto-bid on items posted for a certain price. Some crafters use them to grab rare ingredients as soon as they're posted.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [78 days between previous and next post]
 Hades.Darkanthrax
サーバ: Hades
By Hades.Darkanthrax 2009-03-06 11:57:19  
I have recently been recieving /tells from gil sellers from the advertisement "Brogamer" or whatever it's called. This is also the same site advertised on FFXIAH.COM, perhaps they only send tells to people who care enough to have a profile on this website.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-06 12:01:05  
Darkanthrax said:
I have recently been recieving /tells from gil sellers from the advertisement "Brogamer" or whatever it's called. This is also the same site advertised on FFXIAH.COM, perhaps they only send tells to people who care enough to have a profile on this website.

Yeah I just got one on my mule (first one ever, although friends get them a lot). I reported it to GM, but there's like 50 calls ahead of me so I ain't waiting around to see what happens.
 Lakshmi.Septroth
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Septroth 2009-03-07 16:32:01  
check out this engrish spelling

The basic requirement of best full epic pvp gear in Season 5 is 15600 arena points,2150 personal & team rating,367600 Honor points.Which means even the toppest arena gamers have to stay top rating for 4-5 months to get full epic pvp
gear in Seanson 5.To be short,Season 5 is not casual-friendly at all.

WOW PvP honor system rewards gamers for time spent playing instead of for skill.Thsale PVP Honor Leveling service have your character queued up for all Battlegrounds 24/7,rackin' up honor points,so that you can finally focus on other,more important things in games and reallife.With our PVP Honor & Arena service,you can easily get best Honor & Arena gear & honor gear you desire.

Please note:
1.Some services may need pre-order because of the Limitation of spot available.
It is depending on the queue on our arena teams of your server.
2.Some services require basic pvp equipments. After all,minimal gear have to
match the higher ranking of arena battling.If unfortunately you are not macth the requirement,no worry about it cause you can place another order from us.
 Ifrit.Elmodfz
user: Elmodfz
By Ifrit.Elmodfz 2009-03-13 07:52:35  
I don't think many people on Ifrit have had PoL emails/messages etc, we just get tells late evening from the RMTs. It used to just be one website site, but now theres 3 seperate ones that pop up. I have been making notes of names and websites because I am determined to battle this as its really hacking me off.

The sites we get tells for are:

warcup.com
FFBase.com
Brogame.com

All of which I have seen on this site in the advertisment panels down the side etc, so I'm guessing thats got something to do with the tells.
 Shiva.Marty
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Marty 2009-03-13 08:21:14  
I agree with Darkanthrax I added my mule to ah.com and boom RMT tells kinda lame if you ask me ><
 Bismarck.Bairdos
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bairdos
By Bismarck.Bairdos 2009-03-13 08:34:00  
Celestinia said:
Awangarda said:

Back when the AHs were nuts for money (yes, back in the good old days) i made a lot of money doing that.
See if someone had put something up for a pittance, sell it for a lot.
I miss those days...
 Cerberus.Oric
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-03-13 08:59:04  
Darkanthrax said:

Well, this may be true... I have never gotten a /tell or message/email from any RMT etc.. I am registered on this site, but my profile or character is not set up. Also my PoL status is set to private, if i'm correct they cannot send messages to someone with private status?

I have even once been in a crawler's nest with only 6 people total (my party). All recieved /tells from the same RMT EXCEPT me...

Is there something to this or is it all just a coincidence?
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-13 09:10:20  
I only get /tells from brogame.com, but I am registered on this site. They probably do a /sea all and just /tell people from the list that pops up, do an area search, or just search by whatever to get random names.
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-03-13 09:11:52  
On Garuda they just /sea and spam in alphabetical order :[ Since my name starting with an -A-, I'm always first served lol.
 Seraph.Bachola
サーバ: Seraph
user: Bachola
By Seraph.Bachola 2009-03-13 09:38:05  
I get 1 or 2 per day from Brogame as well.

I just totaly ignore them now, waste of my time to do anything, all they do is create new characters and re-spam

SE should implement a new Chat filter, Character Lv filter that way it would prevent ex LV 1-30 "Off" cept ppl on your FL
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-13 09:41:11  
Antipika said:
On Garuda they just /sea and spam in alphabetical order :[ Since my name starting with an -A-, I'm always first served lol.

W ftw, it's always amusing when I get them 20 minutes later, if I do at all, lol.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-13 09:43:08  
Now I'm gonna get on my mule on Garuda I'm spam you with RMT tells woody!!!
 Shiva.Aaralyn
サーバ: Shiva
user: Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2009-03-13 09:44:49  
I get them at most 4 times a day, and more often than not, I'm either the very first or at least 4th person on list when you /sea all.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-13 09:46:06  
Bachola said:
SE should implement a new Chat filter, Character Lv filter that way it would prevent ex LV 1-30 "Off" cept ppl on your FL

Maybe just a implement a block on trial accounts from sending /t unless that person /t you first. Would stop a lot of them, the ones that are using the trial as a way to spam people at least.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-13 09:50:39  
Orrrr they could make all trial characters on a special server and when they reach the point to pay for it, they can move that character to any server. Basically a trial server. I doubt the rmt will wanna pay for it to go onto one of our servers just to spam tells and then be banned.
 Seraph.Bachola
By Seraph.Bachola 2009-03-13 09:52:42  
Wooooodum said:
Antipika said:

W ftw, it's always amusing when I get them 20 minutes later, if I do at all, lol.

In a way your lucky Wooooodum, by the time they hit Wooooo if there doing all names in Alphabetical order someone has reported them to a GM and the accounts gets banned. lol ima change my name to Xxxbachola. 1 week later I get the boot because my name looks like RMT
 Seraph.Bachola
By Seraph.Bachola 2009-03-13 09:55:12  
2 week trial Server Perfect

seious ppl or friends will not go with a trial account. they will simply buy the compilation disc and activate the Reg codes provided.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [89 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Yanosuke
サーバ: Bahamut
user: yanosuke
By Bahamut.Yanosuke 2009-06-10 19:48:06  
hey, i know this is probably a very obvious, but for the ones also receiving the emails through your POL email, use the POL spam filter. It's free. i noticed all emails were only from a handful of senders. like 5 or 6 different ones. i added all the sender's email addresses in there 1 by 1 and have not been getting any more emails since it appears that this spam filter automatically delete messages not passing the spam filter.

so no more issues with that.

again, this is very obvious, just letting ppl know that there's a spam filter which is free for use and works well at the same time.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-10 19:56:08  
Yanosuke said:
hey, i know this is probably a very obvious, but for the ones also receiving the emails through your POL email, use the POL spam filter. It's free. i noticed all emails were only from a handful of senders. like 5 or 6 different ones. i added all the sender's email addresses in there 1 by 1 and have not been getting any more emails since it appears that this spam filter automatically delete messages not passing the spam filter.

so no more issues with that.

again, this is very obvious, just letting ppl know that there's a spam filter which is free for use and works well at the same time.

wow wow wow wow WOW.
they are sending emails threw POL too now? >.>
POL actually needs a spam filter? fail.........
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-06-10 19:58:18
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

wait you actually get msg? From RMT? haha that blows
 Garuda.Rae
user: Rae
By Garuda.Rae 2009-06-11 19:49:11  
I haven't recieved an RMT POL message since summer 2008, but the tells are starting to really stack up. Hopefully when FFXIV comes out the surge will die down.