フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Terrorists Attack the PS3
Terrorists Attack the PS3
 Ifrit.Keeria
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-03-01 07:25:51  
Twitter said:
"BREAKING NEWS: terrorists have attacked the playstation network and dissabled many older 'phat' consoles. No estimated fix time as of yet.
That's what I get for looking to Google when I notice my PS3 isn't working. My bad. o.o;;
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-03-01 07:31:44  
Terrorists Win.
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-03-01 07:32:29  
The real cause is more or less known at this point. But I find that theory to be funnier, and therefore true until further notice.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-01 07:33:31  
it's 360fanboi terrorist because they want to make fun of the PS3 cuz it doesn't have many problems like the 360 ;o
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-03-01 07:34:50  
I don't get it. What's going on?
By slipispsycho 2010-03-01 07:37:15  
Asura.Artemicion said:
I don't get it. What's going on?

PSN is down, many people are unable to play games because they cannot log on, either the most heavily effected, or the only models effected are the older fat models.
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-03-01 07:37:26  
Some issue with the trophy system not being able to sync up to the correct date (the theory is that it thinks it's a leap year). As a result, any game that supports trophies won't start. Also some XMB themes have been affected. It's only happening to old PS3s though, the slim ones are mostly fine.
 Odin.Karusan
サーバ: Odin
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2010-03-01 07:40:46  
Mine and a friends got bricked
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-03-01 07:41:54  
Mine too, but I don't care much. I just backed up my saves and figure worst case scenario, I have to send the thing in. Best case, it's resolved when I get home from work tonight.
By slipispsycho 2010-03-01 07:42:16  
Ifrit.Keeria said:
Some issue with the trophy system not being able to sync up to the correct date (the theory is that it thinks it's a leap year). As a result, any game that supports trophies won't start. Also some XMB themes have been affected. It's only happening to old PS3s though, the slim ones are mostly fine.

Thankfully, not even a week ago I went out and bought me a slim model.. My fat one was on it's last leg (It was a used one from Gamestop, DON'T EVER do that.. Less then 2 weeks after getting it, the Blu-ray went out, took it back, then 2 days after my warranty ran out, this one started going out. I dunno what people do to their systems, but you'd think I'd of learned my lesson many bricked systems earlier)

Weirdly enough, I got the only one in our entire city... Every single place was sold out, but on a hunch I went to Best Buy to check, and sure enough, they had a single one left.
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-03-01 07:45:14  
Ah well. Was hoping to play WKC or maybe SO4 tonight. Instead I got to spend the night BSing around on forums I usually read but refrain from posting in. It was fun.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-03-01 07:45:48  
Wow, so the whole system is useless just cause you can't log into their network? That's lame.
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-03-01 07:48:56  
Yeah. Great idea on their end.

A. Trophy system is CRITICALLY linked to the current date.
B. Games that support trophies REQUIRE to connect to trophy system before play.

Something as simple as a programming error in which year was a leap year can lead to 90% of the game library becoming unplayable until further notice, as well as many corrupted saves and XMB themes. Lol.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-03-01 07:50:28  
Sounds like the whole Ubisoft plan for anti-piracy. In other words, if you don't have a perma-connected internet connection you cannot play their games regardless of being online or single player.

Pretty lame.
By slipispsycho 2010-03-01 08:00:06  
Asura.Artemicion said:
Sounds like the whole Ubisoft plan for anti-piracy. In other words, if you don't have a perma-connected internet connection you cannot play their games regardless of being online or single player.

Pretty lame.

There's plenty of ways around UBI's pathetic attempt at curbing piracy... Infact, the only people that suffer from that dumb ***is the people who actually paid for the game.. Inside a week of a games release (sometimes before it's even been released) there's already a cracked, fully functional version up on all the big torrent sites.. Because it's been cracked, the pirates don't have to worry about the bugs/issues with DRM and all those other hair-brained ideas..
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-03-01 08:03:41  
Heh reminds me of the picture in the LOL thread showing the process of someone who bought a DVD having to go through unskipable *** that takes half an hour to get through as opposed to someone who downloaded it and immediately gets to watch the freakin movie.
By slipispsycho 2010-03-01 08:08:00  
On a side note.. @#$^ UBISOFT... I can't recall a single good experience with any of their games... Far Cry 2 was the last straw... Not only was single player monotonous, boring, and insanely repeatitve, but the online servers were crap, and the graphics were so glitchy it was almost unplayable..

I surpassed the recommended requirements by far (Radeon HD4870 1GIG for starters) and tried to get help for various issues I was having, a few correspondences back and fourth of them treating me like an idiot (have you updated your drivers? -.-;;) doing all the simple stuff everyone checks first was all I got, when the simple things didn't work, they basicly said FU GTFO my inbox, you're on your own.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-01 08:18:28  
Disclaimer said:
"Comments, views, beliefs, and statements made on Twitter are subject of pure fiction and should NOT be taken seriously by anyone who has an active, social life with REAL LIFE people. Users are held liable when they start believing the horseshit other users post on their pages." Twitter Staff