users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Nukes!
Nukes!
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-25 13:49:18  
Sadly even when active I think prudence torque would beat ugg unless you got some really high dint.

I wouldn't bother farming the obis. The dmg difference on that spell compared to your int belt would be small and like you said you are using the wheel so yeah wont even focus on that one.

In terms of pure dot assuming you are casting nonstop doing the wheel fast cast 2 assuming no fast cast gear will lower your cast rate by 15%. Effectively raising your dot by 17%.

Now MAB II assuming you are going from MAB I and had only moldy for MAB gear would only raise your nukes dmg by 3.2% dmg
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-02-25 13:50:19  
Fairy.Spence said:
Eh, I don't really want to put the time into farming organs. Any organs I do get to go V. stones
The obis don't take much work. I had my light obi probably within a week of unlocking sea.
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-25 13:55:15  
I forgot to mention BLM1 XD

/RDM is the only viable sub I have
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-25 13:55:40  
Fairy.Spence said:
And I much prefer fast cast to MAB II
Though the Fast Cast II and Cure's is neat from /RDM, I'd prefer having the additional INT /BLM gives and the Magic Attack Bonus II along with the ability to freely use Warp, Tractor, and Escape for your party, would make it more worthwhile (to me anyway).
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-25 13:55:52  
Kujata.Argettio said:
While true, its probably a worthwhile bonus.

10% is quite a lot of damage. Although carrying all 8 would be OTT
Normally for a blm sch rdm even a cor it would be alot of dmg. But for nin nukes... yeah not so much since there low V values make int much much much more valuable.

Let's figure you have 40 dint on the mob and 25MAB and using HQ staffs and swapping out 4 int for the 10% on obi.

On San nukes you would be going from 236 to 250

On Ni nukes you would be going from 169 to 179
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-25 13:58:36  
Ragnarok.Zephyran said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Though the Fast Cast II and Cure's is neat from /RDM, I'd prefer having the additional INT /BLM gives and the Magic Attack Bonus II along with the ability to freely use Warp, Tractor, and Escape for your party, would make it more worthwhile (to me anyway).
This would generally be for solo purposes, no? Fast Cast would also help with Utsu timers... Don't know how much it matters but I thought it would be worth putting out there.
 Fairy.Akiba
user: Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2010-02-25 13:59:06  
Since Blm and Sch shoot for a 320/120 Build for nuking, I would think this is what you should shoot for as well.

320 Skill/Magic Accuracy + 120 Int. If it works for elemental magic I dont see why it wouldnt work for Nin as well. With your merits and Nin have high natural skill the 320 probably will not be hard to reach... the 120 Int is another thing though.

Elemental Grips give 2 MACC each so they might be worth looking into. Denali Kecks/Gamashes may be an option too if you can find a good balance for them. I would focus on finding how to maximize your build while also getting as much MATK as possible.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-25 14:02:12  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ragnarok.Zephyran said:
Fairy.Spence said:
This would generally be for solo purposes, no? Fast Cast would also help with Utsu timers... Don't know how much it matters but I thought it would be worth putting out there.

Yes, solo only.

Ragnarok.Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-25 14:02:20  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ragnarok.Zephyran said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Would be useless if it was solo, since Innin gives +30% Ninjutsu damage, where he has to be behind the monster.

Ninja Edit: But yeah /RDM if you're only using it for Solo, but for group events /BLM is win.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-25 14:02:46  
Fairy.Akiba said:
Since Blm and Sch shoot for a 320/120 Build for nuking, I would think this is what you should shoot for as well.

320 Skill/Magic Accuracy 120 Int. If it works for elemental magic I dont see why it wouldnt work for Nin as well. With your merits and Nin have high natural skill the 320 probably will not be hard to reach... the 120 Int is another thing though.

Elemental Grips give 2 MACC each so they might be worth looking into. Denali Kecks/Gamashes may be an option too if you can find a good balance for them. I would focus on finding how to maximize your build while also getting as much MATK as possible.
Eh... No. Ignoring the possibility that NIN may not even be able to do that, 320/120 was only supposed to be a rule of thumb for a resist set against a very specific set of HNM to begin with. NIN nukes and BLM resist sets would be applied in drastically different situations.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-25 14:06:18  
@ Zeph

Have you taken NIN/BLM to events? How does it do?
 Fairy.Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2010-02-25 14:07:06  
I am almost positive that NIN can reach 320/120...

Hell if its just going to be on soloing why even get help with setup? Just pile on INT and MATK since this is all you would need. If you can reach 320/120 then you can nuke anything in the game effectively. I would rather reach the peak and then adjust then adjusting with no basis.

I am a NIN 75 and I have most of this same gear but just never had the urge to try nuking... yet.. i would like to though. Tell me how it is Spence!
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-25 14:10:23  
A looooong time ago, when Yasha and those Hirenjaku katana's were first introduced.

Went to Sky as Nin/Blm, did pretty consistent damage (110s~, I had pretty mediocre gear (no HQ staves (no HQ anything, really, Lol) at the time), you'd probably do a lot more with your gear and with the addition of Innin). And my party wasn't forced to run out 'cause I could Escape us all, it did well.

Ninja Edit: This was versus the Aura Statues, where my mediocre Ninjutsu damage did more then both my katanas.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-25 14:12:27  
**This was wrong about skill**

Edit - If I were to stack on all the +skill gear I could I doubt I could break 100 INT
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-25 14:13:53  
320/120 is probably a bad idea for him, one that build is only for resistant mobs. I seriously think he is going to be taking his ninja wheeling build to HNM fights.

Another reason is since he gets so little MAB he is stacking lots and lots of int. Which means he can build alot less skill/macc into your nuke set since your abundance of int is giving you some. I do this for my rdm/sch.

My non ice nuke build for rdm/sch puts me at 282 skill 12 macc and 144int with creme puff. Which meants I'm basically a 294/144 build. Assuming a mob with 110 or less int that is the same macc as a 306/120. More then sufficient on MB or normal NMs.

Using Ice nukes which I primarily do that would make me 304/149 which is pretty much the same macc as a 320/120 build. And I haven't really put that much into it
 Fairy.Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2010-02-25 14:29:04  
My mistake, you cannot reach 320 easily. You can with Koga Kyahan though.

Again I didnt mean, my mistake, that 320/120 is a MUST.. its a good starting point and something to try and get as close to as possible while maximizing each slot.

I would suggest Denali Kecks over those pants since it gives 3 MACC and 3 MATK though.

Here is me roughing numbers though:

Ninja Skill: 269

Ninjutsu Merits: +16
Ninjutsu Torque: +7
Earring: +5
Grips: +2
Astute Cape: +5
Omega Ring: +3
Denali Kecks: +3
Denali Gamashes: +3
_______
+44

Base Int: ??

Tathlum: +2
Yasha Head: +8
Kirins: +10
Snow Ring: +5
Omega Ring: +3
Denali Gamashes: +3
elvaan Rope: +4
wood gauntlets: +4
________
+39

Matk:
Earring: +5
Denali Kecks: +3
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-25 14:29:29  
Fairy.Spence said:
**This was wrong about skill**

Edit - If I were to stack on all the skill gear I could I doubt I could break 100 INT
Not sure what int you have at 75. As an int merited taru on thf/blm I have 81 so I'd probably have 82-83... so I figure without merits as an elf you got what 70? And merited capped skill puts you at 285 skill

Well just made a random set.

This set has +29 skill, +3macc, and +48int. Throw on creme puff and you are at 317/125. Very much as accurate as a 320/120.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-25 14:32:14  
Fairy.Akiba said:
I would suggest Denali Kecks over those pants since it gives 3 MACC and 3 MATK though.
Denali kecks are worse. Worst case scenario that 6int is 3macc. Best case 6macc. As far as dmg goes that 3MAB is doing about as much dmg as 2.5-3int would.

And either way 320/120 or the equivalent is very excessive. I floor resist rates on the vast majority of the things I nuke on blm at 299/122. Hell I still nuke tinnin in that on MB with little resist at worst I put on AF gloves or stick to ice nukes on resistant HNMs/gods
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-25 14:33:52  

FailElfMage
 Fairy.Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2010-02-25 14:35:42  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fairy.Akiba said:
Denali kecks are worse. Worst case scenario that 6int is 3macc. Best case 6macc. As far as dmg goes that 3MAB is doing about as much dmg as 2.5-3int would

Good point. Kecks are out

and lol holy crap that's some low int! wow.. just wow lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-25 14:37:52  
rdm has low int. It would be even lower /blu even with setting int spells lol. I think it would be 2-3 higher /blm though. But still gd that is some low int.
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-25 14:43:58  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
rdm has low int. It would be even lower /blu even with setting int spells lol. I think it would be 2-3 higher /blm though. But still gd that is some low int.
Was that counting the +24 MAB from the job trait?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-25 15:04:57  
Ragnarok.Zephyran said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Was that counting the 24 MAB from the job trait?
Not sure what you are trying to say MAB job trait doesn't affect your int total.
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-25 15:44:28  
I meant, would /Blu do more then /Blm? If they manage to get more INT from the spell set bonuses, compared to the +24 MAB and just base /Blm INT.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-25 19:11:41  
Well you can get MAB I with /blu. However even setting all like 1-2 /blu int spells it is still less int then /blm by like 4 I think
By semimmortal 2010-02-25 19:22:24  
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the best you can get with /BLU would be +1 INT (lol Grand Slam).
Adding the fact subbing BLU won't net you decent stats upgrades compared to, idk, subbing anything else...
That's it, sorry :(
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-25 19:57:35  
Hey it would beat everything that didn't give MAB... and what if you needed that auto-regen or killer effect!?! Ok I'm done being silly
 Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-02-26 11:04:07  

Not the best set ever, and I have been swapping out Denali kecks with Sangoma lappas to test dmg/resist variances and dont see any. Still a few upgrades to do, but this set tends to tear through stuff pretty easily, it embarrasses the hell out of aquarius occasionally.

+8 Ninjutsu merits

DEF +142
MP +147
VIT +14
AGI +9
INT +33
MND +17
CHR +16
STR +10
Magic Accuracy +5
HP +20
Parrying skill +10
DEX +17
Ninjutsu skill +27
"Magic Atk. Bonus" +5
Enhances "Resist Silence" effect
Attack +10
[Element: Ice] +25
Delay +356
DMG +35
Ranged Attack +10
Additional effect: Fire damage
[Element: Light] +50
HP to MP +20
Evasion +3
Summoning magic skill +5
Singing skill +5
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-26 11:07:18  
Tears through what kind of stuff?
 Bismarck.Evolex
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Evolex
By Bismarck.Evolex 2010-02-26 11:11:03  
Ragnarok.Inga said:
Quote:
1 merit in each Ni spell
lolwut? since when can you merit Ni? xD

This reminds me of a rdm in a merit pt I was in that said they couldn't main heal because they hadn't merited REFRESH yet.

I left...