FFXI LGBT Community, Who Are You?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
FFXI LGBT Community, who are you?
First Page 2 3 ... 1427 1428 1429 ... 1505 1506 1507
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-01 16:25:04  
Fenrir.Ginny said: »
sapphire said: »
I've also dated m2f but they are rarely into females so that is a bummer when i crush on one that wants a guy instead >.>

I'd say about 80-85% of the mtfs I know (myself included) identify as lesbian. It's more common than people think!

MTF?! No way. I know a ton of ***, they are always into men. My friend she always be using that grindr app for *** when we go out and let me say. There are some hot mofo men on that app!

The ones I know. And they are all "tops!", well the pre-op ones anyways. My postop MTF friend she's into men as well.
 Fenrir.Toogood
サーバ: Fenrir
user: toogood
By Fenrir.Toogood 2012-08-01 16:35:54  
Grindr... LAWL.

Edit: My finds on grindr:

The guys with body shots, have ugly faces.
The guys with cute faces, have ugly personalities.
The guys with good personalities, are partnered and looking for "chat".
The guys who are single, are single for good reasons.
The guys who look good, have nice bodies, awesome personalities, and single for no good reason, are either fake, or non-existent on that app.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-01 16:40:26  
Fenrir.Toogood said: »
Grindr... LAWL.

Edit: My finds on grindr:

The guys with body shots, have ugly faces.
The guys with cute faces, have ugly personalities.
The guys with good personalities, are partnered and looking for "chat".
The guys who are single, are single for good reasons.
The guys who look good, have nice bodies, awesome personalities, and single for no good reason, are either fake, or non-existent on that app.

Rockin bodies and ugly faces.. aka i call them "paper bag tricks."
whats wrong with cute guys with ugly personalities lol

I find it heavily based on your city. I'm blessed to live in the land of aspiring models actors and hookers! So I can usually get a guy with a cute, face, body...

if im on that app its 3am- I am not looking for my future husband...so long as they can travel or host and live within 2 mile proximity, and are clean of STI/HIV we are good to go!
 Fenrir.Toogood
By Fenrir.Toogood 2012-08-01 16:46:16  
Maybe I am the only gay on here who doesn't hookup?
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-01 16:48:20  

Well grindr is a hookup app... it's advertised at gay clubs, bathouses etc... same with Scruff. I've met guys on both apps who ive dated but every gay man I know uses it as a sex/hookup app.

I'd consider gay.com(lol i know) and adam4adam more gay dating.
By toogood 2012-08-01 16:58:06  
Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »

Well grindr is a hookup app... it's advertised at gay clubs, bathouses etc... same with Scruff. I've met guys on both apps who ive dated but every gay man I know uses it as a sex/hookup app.

I have used several things in the past to find "someone". But I guess because I am only 23 and a decent looking guy, finding a boyfriend is too much.
 Fenrir.Toogood
By Fenrir.Toogood 2012-08-01 17:00:34  
I am looking for someone who thinks they're as much out of my league, as I think I am out of theirs.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-01 17:14:19  
toogood said: »

I have used several things in the past to find "someone". But I guess because I am only 23 and a decent looking guy, finding a boyfriend is too much.

Well your 23. I wouldn't rush into a relationship. Im 28 and Ive had umm lets see theres been....9 total!

Had to think for a second! Ex's come and go. They are like chips in a pringles can. Have fun in your early mid 20's because when you ge to my age you approach the 30's! lol
 Cerberus.Ustav
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2012-08-01 17:24:56  
No you are not. I know some gay men that do not prefer to hook up at all.
 Fenrir.Toogood
By Fenrir.Toogood 2012-08-01 17:28:27  
I think that anything worth doing has some kind of meaning. I think that hooking up, even at my age is worthless to me. I would probably be the guy who hooks up and gets attached. I have had 3 relationships in my light, and all of them are well over 2 years each. I think I kill some statistic in the gay-world.
 Fenrir.Toogood
By Fenrir.Toogood 2012-08-01 17:28:48  
Cerberus.Ustav said: »

I would hook up with you baby <3
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-01 17:30:24  

I think I may be the only gay man who does hookup here lol If it makes you feel better lol

I think I kill some statistic in the gay-world.
Where do you live? This has a lot to do with dating. Cause I have friends in Dallas and their dating life is nothing compared to mine. Theres thing's Id like about a more conservative gay community and things I wouldnt.
 Fenrir.Toogood
By Fenrir.Toogood 2012-08-01 17:44:24  
Charlotteeeeee.
 Bahamut.Celesyna
user: Selennia
By Bahamut.Celesyna 2012-08-01 17:55:07  
That's been the hardest thing for people to wrap their heads around when I've come out to them. If I had a dollar for every time I've been asked, "If you like girls, why didn't you just stay male?", I'd be filthy rich.

*facepalm*
People don't understand that if a guy feel likes a girl or vice versa, then that is something they are going through regardless of sexual preference. If someone doesn't like their hair color they dye it. If a woman isn't happy with her breast size? She gets surgery. This is the same general idea. People are just dumb sometimes.
 Fenrir.Ginny
By Fenrir.Ginny 2012-08-01 18:01:23  
MTF?! No way. I know a ton of ***, they are always into men. My friend she always be using that grindr app for *** when we go out and let me say. There are some hot mofo men on that app!

The ones I know. And they are all "tops!", well the pre-op ones anyways. My postop MTF friend she's into men as well.

I think that might be because she's using grindr rather than actually interacting with the community.

And please don't use terms like "***". That's really, incredibly offensive and hurtful to us.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-08-01 18:02:44  

I think that might be because she's using grindr rather than actually interacting with the community.

And please don't use terms like "***". That's really, incredibly offensive and hurtful to us.

whats the preferred term
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-01 18:03:15  
Charlotteeeeee.

The whole gay statistic your seeing is for the most part higher populated LGBT cities. I have friends in Dallas, and when I went there considering its 6. Its a huge difference than the gay population in NY and LA.

1 New York City 4.5% 272,493 1
2 Los Angeles 5.6% 154,270 2
3 Chicago 5.7% 114,449 3
4 San Francisco 15.4% 94,234 4
5 Phoenix 6.4% 63,222 5
6 Houston 4.4% 61,976 6
7 San Diego 6.8% 61,945 7
8 Dallas 7.0% 58,473 8
9 Seattle 12.9% 57,993 9
10 Boston 12.3% 50,540 10
11 Philadelphia 4.2% 43,320 11
12 Atlanta 12.8% 39,085 12
13 San Jose 5.8% 37,260 13

LA and NY still have bathouses and sex clubs. I know here in LA theres like 8 within a 3 mile radius of my house. Whether thats good or bad is up to you! lol But as you can see its harder to keep a relationship because there's a lot more competition and more outlets to meet/cheat.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-01 18:07:19  

I appologize if I offended you. However, I only used it because a lot of transsexuals say its acceptable.

This is kinda what toogood and I were talking about. We are all from different parts of the US/world. So like we all have different norms...
 Fenrir.Ginny
By Fenrir.Ginny 2012-08-01 18:15:27  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »

whats the preferred term

Transsexual, Transgender, Transman, Transwoman, Transperson, Transpeople, or just using their proper gender if they're not specifically out as trans.

Terms like "***", "***, "***", etc. are slurs, plain and simple.

Bahamut.Celesyna said: »
People don't understand that if a guy feel likes a girl or vice versa, then that is something they are going through regardless of sexual preference. If someone doesn't like their hair color they dye it. If a woman isn't happy with her breast size? She gets surgery. This is the same general idea. People are just dumb sometimes.

Takes awhile for people to get that sexual identity does not equal gender identity. :)

I appologize if I offended you. However, I only used it because a lot of transsexuals say its acceptable.

This is kinda what toogood and I were talking about. We are all from different parts of the US/world. So like we all have different norms...

No offense taken. But just because some say it's acceptable for them, doesn't mean all feel that way. Some choose to reclaim it, but the majority of us do not. Very similar to how some blacks use the "n-word" themselves, and some gays use the "f-word". If you're outside of those groups and use those words, their reaction will probably be very unpleasant.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-01 18:20:59  
read below damn iphone lol
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-01 18:26:01  
No offense taken. But just because some say it's acceptable for them, doesn't mean all feel that way. Some choose to reclaim it, but the majority of us do not. Very similar to how some blacks use the "n-word" themselves, and some gays use the "f-word". If you're outside of those groups and use those words, their reaction will probably be very unpleasant.

And vice versa. I'm not gonna come down from my high gay horse atop West Hollywood and say I'm right your wrong. You cant expect more liberal gays/transgenders/lesbians/bi's to accept your views.

I will say. The issue is something you need to take up with your drag counterparts. I'm very familiar with the "issues" MTF and drags have with eachother. But when shows like RuPauls drag race have drags using "tgirl" and "***." I think thats something that needs to be taken with the community. I refrain from calling it a "community show," but its made out to be the norm on LOGO common...

My general rule of thumb I've learned growing up around transgenders, drag-queens(appologize if thats not pc), gays, lesbians, bisexuals. it's all fair game. We are all family. We go to the same bars etc. My drag and transgender friends call me "f@##t" all the time. I dont get insulted we all laugh... because its not like its a heterosexual from outside the community.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-08-01 18:28:47  

tbh i cant stand that. i understand why it happens, but it doesnt really help anything imo.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-01 18:42:32  
Back.

It's called "Transocial" app on the iphone/android market. She says it works just like grindr. It has tons of MTF's and males into MTFs.
 Asura.Shayka
サーバ: Asura
user: Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2012-08-01 18:47:29  
Bahamut.Celesyna said: »
Most of the MtFs I've known are lesbian, the only one I know that isn't is bi.
The only one I know that comes to mind personally, is bi, I think, I have no idea anymore, shes more confused than anyone I know, about everything lol, but its my cousin and I love her to death still.
 Fenrir.Ginny
By Fenrir.Ginny 2012-08-01 18:55:13  
And vice versa. I'm not gonna come down from my high gay horse atop West Hollywood and say I'm right your wrong. You cant expect more liberal/larger gay cities to accept your views.

wat. I mean usually we're told we're being too liberal/PC when we tell people it's not cool. First time I've seen the contrary. The sentiment of these words being offensive is a lot more prevalent than you think. Pay attention next time a media personality uses them. Dan Savage, Neil Patrick Harris, Lance Bass, and RuPaul all have within the last year or so, There was backlash, and the two who did not apologize (Dan Savage and RuPaul) are pretty despised by transpeople.

Quote:
I will say. The issue is something you need to take up with your drag counterparts. I'm very familiar with the "issues" MTF and drags have with eachother. But when shows like RuPauls drag race have drags using "tgirl" and "***." I think thats something that needs to be taken with the community. I refrain from calling it a "community show," but its made out to be the norm on LOGOS common...

Equating Drag with Trans is insulting, and really misinformed, even through referring to us as "counterparts". We have huge issues with people like cisgender (i.e. not-transgender) people like RuPaul using it. It's a word they adopted, but feel no responsibility to remove the stigma it carries towards us. To them it's a costume, a persona. They don't have that danger of being held down and beaten as their assailants shout these words at them in their everyday lives. RuPaul does not care, because he feels it's none of his problem.

It all boils down to respect.

Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
tbh i cant stand that. i understand why it happens, but it doesnt really help anything imo.

You're right, it doesn't help, and it usually just leads to confusion. It would be easier if we'd all stop using hateful words regardless of if we're part of a group that it is used against or not. But some do choose to reclaim it, they say it empowers them. And that's fine if they do, but they, and others should understand that it's not necessarily the same for the rest of us.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-01 19:00:54  
Equating Drag with Trans is insulting, and really misinformed, even through referring to us as "counterparts". We have huge issues with people like cisgender (i.e. not-transgender) people like RuPaul using it. It's a word they adopted, but feel no responsibility to remove the stigma it carries towards us. To them it's a costume, a persona. They don't have that danger of being held down and beaten as their assailants shout these words at them in their everyday lives. RuPaul does not care, because he feels it's none of his problem.

It all boils down to respect.
I was waiting for you to say this. My transgender friend replied "if your pre-op your not a transgender, your not a true transgender till your post-op. Pre-op means your a dragqueen still plain and simple"

And you know very well a lot of post-ops discriminate against pre-ops. so you cant disregard the drag reference because many MTF use it as a form of empowerment to distiguish themselves from pre-op.

First time I've seen the contrary.
Amanda Lepore the one of the famous transgenders, has a watch line called "Time ***." Her interview with MAC for VIVA Glam cosmetics line which she endorces. She is constantly calling herself a "***" and "*** mess." Ive yet to hear of any backlash about RuPaul. RuPaul and some of the drags have a show on Monday's by my house on Mondays in West Hollywood. Tons of transgenders go to cheer them on every week.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-08-01 19:02:19  
Oh hello

I would hook up with you baby <3

He's mine!
 Fenrir.Toogood
By Fenrir.Toogood 2012-08-01 19:05:27  
Bismarck.Gaspee said: »
Oh hello
He's mine!

Was mine first!
 Fenrir.Ginny
By Fenrir.Ginny 2012-08-01 19:18:44  
My general rule of thumb I've learned growing up around transgenders, drag-queens(appologize if thats not pc), gays, lesbians, bisexuals. it's all fair game. We are all family. We go to the same bars etc. My drag and transgender friends call me "f@##t" all the time. I dont get insulted we all laugh... because its not like its a heterosexual from outside the community.

You don't get it, you really don't. You have made it okay to them personally that word is okay to use in reference to you. Would it be okay if a complete stranger said that word to you, without foreknowledge of them being LGBT? Your sentiment may be that it is all one big gay umbrella community, but it's simply not true. Identifying as part of one part of the LGBT community does not entitle you to use slurs that refer to others, even if you were told that was okay by some individuals. Being a lesbian transwoman does not automatically mean it is okay for me to use anti-gay or anti-bi slurs. Being gay does not automatically entitle you to use anti-gay, anti-bi, or anti-trans slurs.

I was waiting for you to say this. My transgender friend replied "if your pre-op your not a transgender, your not a true transgender till your post-op. Pre-op means your a dragqueen still plain and simple"

And you know very well a lot of post-ops discriminate against pre-ops. so you cant disregard the drag reference because many MTF use it as a form of empowerment to distiguish themselves from pre-op.

Okay, you've completely jumped off the rails and your friend has some pretty abhorrent views about other transpeople, but if she wants to think that, whatever, it doesn't mean she's right. But if a drag-queen identifies as trans, then it's up to them. But RuPaul, and most drag-queens are cisgender, so no.

Quote:
Amanda Lepore the one of the famous transgenders, has a watch line called "Time ***." Her interview with MAC for VIVA Glam cosmetics line which she endorces. She is constantly calling herself a "***" and "*** mess."

And if she feels those words are appropriate in reference to her, that's her choice. That still doesn't make it okay.

As I said, it's about respect. I said a word was offensive, and asked nicely that it not be used. You're doing your best to tell me, the person who tends to be on the receiving end of this word, why it is not offensive, and that it is okay for you, and by extension other cisgender people to use to refer to ALL transpeople. Now imagine a straight person telling a gay person the f-word is okay for them to refer to all gay people. Or a white person telling a black person why they think they shouldn't be upset by the n-word. If you think these are all perfectly okay things to do, you really need to re-examine the world.

I've said my piece, time to piss away some time on videogames.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-01 19:33:42  
You don't get it, you really don't. You have made it okay to them personally that word is okay to use in reference to you.
Ok see the thing even it it was a complete stranger Id be ok so long as they were joking, and ofcourse LGBT. You can tell if its being used as a slur or not. If you cant go out to a bar and take a joke..well..thats you. We are two different people. I've had guys joke around and call me blah blah while drinking. It's called conversation/joking/icebreakers. You can't superimpose your views on what's PC and whats not.
First Page 2 3 ... 1427 1428 1429 ... 1505 1506 1507