users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Nashira Seraweels vs. Igqira Lappas
Nashira Seraweels vs. Igqira Lappas
 Valefor.Zolan
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Zolan 2010-02-18 10:28:57  
Simple topic self explanatory.

Someone mentioned to me the other day they were suprised I still use Igqira on my blm and keep the nash for my rdm only. So it got me thinking I am currently at 300 enfeebling magic on my blackmage, do you think the +3 acc 1 less item in inventory and 200k is worth -5 enfeebling?

Nashira Seraweels vs. Igqira Lappas what do you think?

I'm still thinking Igqira Lappas.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-18 10:35:26  
Lappas are better for BLM. Whether that justifies the extra slot in your total inventory depends on how much you actually care about BLM.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-18 10:36:17  
Igqira Lappa. Even Mahatma Slops would beat Nashira in most (Not all) situations.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2010-02-18 10:38:32  
What's your enfeebling set to have 300enf on BLM btw :o Just curious.
 Valefor.Zolan
By Valefor.Zolan 2010-02-18 10:39:55  
give me a sec Ill do a build for it

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=140462
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-02-18 10:50:41  
Valefor.Zolan said:
give me a sec Ill do a build for it

Valefor.Zolan
By Valefor.Zolan 2010-02-18 10:53:15  
Thanks Enternius ^^

Should be the same number as you Antipika since Im using avocat to your coat +1 and yout Genie tiara. Do not have goli feet as of yet.
Like your build though very impressive, and basicly what im shooting for in the end.
 Leviathan.Vyrha
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Vyrha
By Leviathan.Vyrha 2010-02-18 10:54:48  
looking it it from one side.. the seraweels are pretty close to the lappas in skill. accepting that 1 skill = 1 m.acc, the seraweels have an equivalent skill of 8, compared to 10 of lappas, which is pretty close.

the question is, is it worth losing those 2 skill levels for the 2% haste? i don't think it is. the haste is only worthwhile imo if you are stacking it, and in an enfeebling set based around skill, i'd say that haste is generally not being stacked.
[+]
 Leviathan.Webjester
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2010-02-18 11:05:28  
IMO, if you main RDM and BLM, stick with Nashira. -2 accuracy vs. 1 inventory space. I'm sure your inventory is probably already very cluttered if you treat both jobs seriously. : )

Here's my target for 301, currently at 287.

Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-18 11:12:46  
Depends on what you are doing. I'd stick with lappas 99% of the time. But in those rare situations where your recast timers on those debuffs matter and 2macc isn't going to make a difference then yeah seraweels. Ony thing I can think of off hand is you being a sleepga *** with multi sets of mobs to sleepga at times that wont all get hit with the same one or something.

Or maybe needing to grav/bind more than 1 mob in a short amount of time. So like fast soloing chaining puddings

Also not hard to hit over 300 if you /sch!

Also my rdm is jealous of your nash
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-02-18 11:23:51  
Igqira. I'd only use Nash on bind/gravs IF i'm not hard up for accuracy and low manning hence requiring the haste. Even on RDM. They never drop for me anyway :x
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-02-18 11:33:06  
Iggy over Nash , for me in most instances .
As always Dasva said it best regaurding 'proper' usage .
If youre the sleepga *** in Die-in-mass or Dying-hard or any other mob-of-Mobs Event the Haste is more important over the MaCC lost . That 10 EVA wont save you from getting raped , and since you use HQ staves i am sure that missing MaCC wont matter .
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2010-02-18 18:39:48  
Valefor.Zolan said:
Thanks Enternius ^^

Should be the same number as you Antipika since Im using avocat to your coat 1 and yout Genie tiara. Do not have goli feet as of yet.
Like your build though very impressive, and basicly what im shooting for in the end.

Yeah, but i saw enf earring in your bazaar that's why I was wondering how you could reach 300 :d

---

2% Haste won't do ***seriously... I've yet to die because both my sleepga were on cooldown with one of them being at ~1sec. That's 0.6sec on Sleepga / <1sec on Sleepga II, who cares...

Died however because sleepga got unfortunately resisted couple of time at the wrong moment. Cast sleep > fail > interrupted > loltaru > dead. (especially stuff like tauri in dyna tav :/)

Won't even mention cases where you sleepga 8-10 monsters (hi2u qufim weapons). You don't want 1/2 out of these 10 monsters ending up with a halved sleep because of your lack of MaCC.

On Dynamis difficult pulls (like mega link mistake etc.) I just request supports to Haste me (and that's only because most of other blm got shitty MaCC set and I don't really want them to sleepga II everything and see half of monsters waking up after 45sec...)

You never have too much accuracy for something like sleep on BLM, never. Cooldowns are predictable and manageable. Resistance is not.
 Asura.Envious
サーバ: Asura
user: Stewie
By Asura.Envious 2010-02-18 18:42:21  
Siren.Enternius said:
Igqira Lappa. Even Mahatma Slops would equal Nashira in most (Not all) situations.

ftfy.

What he means is, if your dINT is less than 15, 1 INT = 1 MAcc. dINT being how much INT you have over the targets INT.
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
サーバ: Bismarck
user: lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2010-02-18 19:54:05  
i just got blm75 recently but from blu experience ill go with antipika; macc>haste.

its like the ebon body for blu with haste, someone was thinkin to cast head butt in that instead of af body. even if u gain 1sec from that haste 1 resist can screw everything unless ur stackin haste like a crazy man but then again u start to lose on acc/macc. i can deal with a longer recast for headbutt soloin imp but if its resist i can end up as dead taru :P