users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Goldsmithing » Adaman nuggets
Adaman nuggets
 Valefor.Mithano
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2010-02-04 16:46:58  
Can these be gotten via gardening? Or is their only source via the Strange Apparatus?
 Unicorn.Nintendo
サーバ: Unicorn
user: nintendo
By Unicorn.Nintendo 2010-02-20 16:02:40  
There is only 2 ways to get these nugs. Best and only advisable way is via the strange apparatus and second is from very expensive, high level desynths.
By slipispsycho 2010-02-20 19:36:00  
SA's aren't the only way to obtain them, however, in a realistic situation, it's the only method that should be employed.

Wish I still had all my notes, as I did countless runs on these and took note of the minutest of details (The SA used, current Vana time, day, moon phase, and results) But if I recall correctly, the best rate at spitting out Adaman Nuggets was Dangruf Wadi..

Should be noted that the only synthesis material that can be reliably obtained is cermet chunks... Cermet is far far far more common then the nuggets, and on top of that, you get 4x as much cermet as adaman at a time.

Unless you have your heart set on a synth that uses these, I'd just forget about it all together... Practicly the only way you'll turn a profit off the SA's is by selling the gear you obtain in place of the nuggets... The chips needed are over 20k a peice, that means to get a stack of nuggets, you'd need a bare minimum of 120k worth the chips, and if you could get any where near a stack of them out of 6 chips I, as well as many others, would already be doing SA runs on a regular basis, you'd never see infinity cores on the AH for longer then just a couple of minutes, and the prices for the items obtained would plummet.
 Valefor.Mithano
サーバ: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2010-02-24 09:01:07  
Damn - good to know. I've been picking them up on AH when I can but they sure don't come up often. Thank you!