First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: dameshi
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-02-08 13:47:51  
I applaud your patience :) I thought about doing one over the weekend, but never got around to it :P I'll do one in a bit.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-02-08 13:49:44  
Carbuncle.Dameshi said:
I applaud your patience :) I thought about doing one over the weekend, but never got around to it :P I'll do one in a bit.
I had drill this past weekend so I didn't actually get a chance to read what you had previously posted (the last two additions). I only read the forums while I'm at work or have nothing to do in game.
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-02-08 13:50:16  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Carbuncle.Dameshi said:
I had drill this past weekend so I didn't actually get a chance to read what you had previously posted (the last two additions). I only read the forums while I'm at work or have nothing to do in game.
Same with me. Which is why I don't usually post on weekends lol.
 Fairy.Baelfael
サーバ: Fairy
user: Baelfael
By Fairy.Baelfael 2010-02-08 14:06:04  
:O Should have me jump in and save Spence like Major Armstrong!
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-02-08 14:07:01  
Fairy.Baelfael said:
Epic avatar.
 Fairy.Baelfael
By Fairy.Baelfael 2010-02-08 14:08:49  
:D Thank you, kind sir!
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-08 14:09:44  
Fairy.Baelfael said:

Pffffffffffffffffffft
 Fairy.Baelfael
By Fairy.Baelfael 2010-02-08 14:13:06  
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-08 14:15:15  
So what's he frmo >.>
 Fairy.Baelfael
By Fairy.Baelfael 2010-02-08 14:19:43  
Full Metal Alchemist :o
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-08 14:22:09  
Oh
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-02-08 14:23:20  
Fairy.Spence said:
Oh moar anime -.-
I'm a mind reader.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-08 14:24:43  
I've accepted it
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-02-08 15:59:50  
Chapter 8

Day 74: We witnessed the horde destroy a camp of Quadav today. It was a slaughter, the Quadav never stood a chance. After the horde continued on their mission, we checked out the carnage. Each Quadav had their innards devoured. All that was left behind was a hollowed corpse of what was once our foe. Each Quadav's face was affixed with a look of sheer terror. None were left alive. Even the children Quadav were ravaged. It's funny how things can change. I used to slaughter Quadav and think nothing of it. Now I am disheartened by their untimely demise. We are nearing Gustaberg now. It'll only be a day or two before the siege on Bastok begins.

Day 75: The horde picked up some more members today. I saw the hume just point at a zombie and he got in line. It's as if they are bound to him by some sort of magic. Judging by the pace they are setting, the battle for Bastok will begin tomorrow. I haven't been this nervous since the first time I fought Vrtra. I was just a young monk back then. A bit more reckless than I am now. Still, even the greatest training can only do so much to prepare us for what we're about to face.

Day 76: I'll try to recap the battle as best I can in this entry. The battle began at the crack of dawn. The sun blanketed the sky with a warm orange glow. The air was crisp, the ground moist with morning dew. A slight breeze came rolling through. It would have been the perfect morning, if not for the thousands of zombies lined up outside the walls of Bastok. Apparently many survivors have piled into bastok, as an army of about 300 appeared to meet the zombies head on, with another 70-80 archers and 50-60 mages to support them. They looked ragged, like a tribe of barbarians. Many had pitchforks or shovels as weapons. Some had frying pans or steak knives. Few has swords. It appeared as though Bastok was going to fall today. But looks can be deceiving. The battle began as the hume leading the zombies gave the signal to charge. As the front lines collided, a faint horn could be heard to the West. Suddenly, a battalion of troops came storming in to flank the zombies, with the flag of Sandy waving proudly. Someone had informed them of the attack. The zombies may be smarter than expected, but they're still a bit slow. Fighting on two fronts was rather taxing on their intelligence, and the lines crumbled quickly. Watching the Chocobo Knights riding through the lines, slicing off the heads of zombies was a sight for sore eyes. Spears piercing the hearts of the vermin, clubs and staves cracking their skulls. Mages nuking to their heart's content, arrows and bullets raining down from above, cutting through their ranks like a hot knife through butter. It was a marvelous sight. We joined in on the fun as well. We rushed them from behind, striking down as many as we could. Marz was slicing through them two at a time with her katanas. Rowland seemed to enjoy toying with them using his various skills in magic. Krizz was having far too much fun with banishga. Sectum decided it was time to try out a magic build for his Blue Magic. He says Flying Hip Press is magic based... but the name suggests otherwise. As for me, every punch I threw shattered the bones of its victim. It was carnage, too many deaths to count (I lost count after 42 smashed skulls, 25 pummeled hearts, and 12 decapitations). As the battle was drawing near an end, I saw the hume calmly cast a warp spell as if nothing was happening. He didn't even raise a finger to help his "brethren" fight. I caught a glimpse of him smirking at us as the spell completed.

After the battle was finished, we were invited into Bastok for a celebration feast. Can't complain about free food.

Taken from the Chronicles of Spence.
 Titan.Marzbarz
サーバ: Titan
user: MarzBarz
By Titan.Marzbarz 2010-02-08 16:04:37  
/clap
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-02-08 16:06:39  
Marz stop changing your avatars all the time trying to enjoy them slowly one at a time >_>!
 Titan.Marzbarz
By Titan.Marzbarz 2010-02-08 16:09:38  
What?? >.>
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-02-08 16:11:52  
Nuting :x !
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-02-08 16:23:46  
Poor Lil
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-02-08 16:28:16  
WOOT! FREE HOOKERS IN BASTOK MINES!
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-02-08 16:30:51  
cross-dressing Galkas isn't something I call fun.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-02-09 15:39:05  
Chapter 9

Day 77: Bastok is a wreck. The auction house in markets is in pieces. The guild shops are gone, not a piece in sight. Water overflows from the crumbled fountain. The bridge to the port has been burnt, and the wreckage floats around in the water. The mining district was still relatively in tact. The gates were banged up and a few houses destroyed, but respectable for the most part.

The feast was conducted in the markets. People brought tables out from their homes and set them up to form a large circle around the fountain. Anyone with skill in cooking helped in the preparation of the meal. It was a grand feast. There was Elshimo Fried Colibri, Stuffed Zu, Beer Battered Sheep, Crawler-ka-bobs, Crab Sushi, Sole Sushi +1, Meat Mith-ka-bobs, Marinara Pizza, Biscuits, every kind of vegetable imaginable, Dhalmel Steak, Pananas, Oranges, and more. Plus the booze! Wines, ales, whiskey, everything you could imagine. And for dessert, all the cake you could eat. Everything was phenomenal. Afterwards, there was a party. Bards played songs while dancers danced. Cid shot off some fireworks. There was even some karaoke (drunk Galkas do not make good singers). Everyone had a grand time. Afterwards we all crashed wherever we could find a place to sleep. The sign of a good party indeed.

*I'll add more later, don't have time to finish right now :/*
 Titan.Marzbarz
By Titan.Marzbarz 2010-02-09 15:42:13  
Partaaayy
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-09 15:42:45  
Now I'm hungry after reading beer battered sheep :<
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-02-09 15:44:27  
Fairy.Spence said:
Now I'm hungry after reading beer battered sheep :<
My bad ;P
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-09 15:46:43  
S'cool, I got beer at home
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-02-14 23:27:05  
Sorry for the delay everyone, I've been busy as of late :P I'll update tomorrow, promise!
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-02-14 23:32:07  
My spinoff series will probably start again tomorrow, too. Been super busy.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-02-16 15:52:29  
Chapter 9 Continued

Day 78: Life in Bastok is tough. Any able-bodied men and women help with repairs and food gathering. The army from Sandy reported that their neck of the woods is fairing far better than Bastok, but not doing well enough to lend any aid. Sounds like typical elvaan arrogance to me. The gang and I met up with Cid, who is leading Bastok since the President has turned, to decide whether we should stay or continue to Whitegate. We all agreed that it would be best to attempt to make out way to Whitegate in order to seek out help. There is a single ship capable of making the journey to Aht Urgan left in Bastok, the S.S. Invincible Shield. The only problem, is that there is no longer any crew to run it. Only a few simple fisherman who never sailed a large scale ship like the Invincible Shield. Not to mention, the sea is filled with creatures craving our blood, and who knows what's out there now with this plague. I better pack my toothbrush, it's going to be a long trip.

Sorry for another sliver. I'm having some writing block lately :(
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-02-16 15:54:20  
C'mon man! What do I gotta do to get laid in this story!
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13