RNG WS Set Up?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » RNG WS Set Up?
RNG WS Set Up?
 Seraph.Tryce
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Tryce
By Seraph.Tryce 2010-01-25 08:09:33  
was wondering if there was anything wrong with my ws set up and how i can upgrade it
*anwig salde was str +4 ws acc +15 racc +10 ratt +5
 Midgardsormr.Coconuts
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Jamibian
By Midgardsormr.Coconuts 2010-01-25 08:12:03  
nothing wrong just can be better
axe grip, sea gorget, smilo+1, skotes or skadi for ws /nod
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-01-25 08:13:38  
Scout's Socks > Rutters and Axe Grip > Mythril. Not much else you can do besides sea gorget or Hope Torque. Add Hachiryu Haidate on there and youre set.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-01-25 08:15:55  
Lleu's Charm
 Seraph.Tryce
By Seraph.Tryce 2010-01-25 08:21:46  
coolio thanks guys! also i have a light torque; does it help that much? oh and i was told whands > skote for SW but idk lol anyway heres my tp gear that could use a look too ^^

*mirke body has racc +10 snapshot +5
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-01-25 08:38:14  
Changing your Anwig Salade from RACC+10/RATK+5 to AGI+4/WS dmg+2% would be a smart improvement.
[+]
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-01-25 08:44:55  
Seraph.Tryce said:
coolio thanks guys! also i have a light torque; does it help that much? oh and i was told whands > skote for SW but idk lol anyway heres my tp gear that could use a look too ^^ *mirke body has racc 10 snapshot 5
Skadi's Bazubands > Blood Finger Gauntlets > Seiryu's Kote > Crimson Finger Gauntlets for WS in that order. But why are you not TPing in BFG? You also dont need nearly that much RACC in your TP set. Can almost basically TP in nearly the same WS gear.
[+]
 Fairy.Fyrestorm
サーバ: Fairy
user: Fyrestorm
By Fairy.Fyrestorm 2010-01-25 08:58:37  
I've always preferred Seiryu's to BFG for ws. I use breeze gorget, not sure if light works without looking it up. Other possible upgrades are hachiryu legs, hachiryu feet, scout's rope and obviously axe grip. It also generally depends on what you use your rng for mainly. Some mobs are going to call for more racc gear, where others you'll hit 95% of the time with no trouble.
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-25 09:29:23  
Am I only one that sees Trotter Boots in the TP set?

S.kotes vs BFG is kind of a moot argument when you have 1 slot completely 'wasted'.
[+]
 Bahamut.Phey
サーバ: Bahamut
user: buddumsp
By Bahamut.Phey 2010-01-25 09:43:45  

Is my current setup. 10 Racc 5 Ratt will beat out 4agi 2% WSD because the acc lets you put Str in other spots where you might not be able to for WS's. Amemet's will beat out Simo +1. You should look at getting a Sea Gorget it's the best WS piece. I personally use S Kote over my CFG and would use over BFG for WS just for the acc boost however I would use Skadi's if I had them and I was capping acc for what I was fighting. Only real improvements I can make on my set is Scout's +1 and Skadi's hands.
Btw I use Fay Bow to 6 hit /nin or /war, it has 3 str 17 Ratt 4% wsd.
 Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-01-26 18:56:10  
Quote:
Skadi's Bazubands > Blood Finger Gauntlets > Seiryu's Kote > Crimson Finger Gauntlets for WS in that order. But why are you not TPing in BFG? You also dont need nearly that much RACC in your TP set. Can almost basically TP in nearly the same WS gear.

This only holds true for marksmanship, BFG's give .65% more dmg on sidewinder than S.kote. And CFG's still proviode .42% mroe damage over s.kote.

Reference: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html?fjob=7&mid=1161924072301798838&num=121&page=1

The post is older, but the data is still very very relevant.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-26 19:10:24  
Bahamut.Phey said:
Is my current setup. 10 Racc 5 Ratt will beat out 4agi 2% WSD because the acc lets you put Str in other spots where you might not be able to for WS's. Amemet's will beat out Simo +1. You should look at getting a Sea Gorget it's the best WS piece. I personally use S Kote over my CFG and would use over BFG for WS just for the acc boost however I would use Skadi's if I had them and I was capping acc for what I was fighting. Only real improvements I can make on my set is Scout's +1 and Skadi's hands.
Btw I use Fay Bow to 6 hit /nin or /war, it has 3 str 17 Ratt 4% wsd.

You're a Mithra, no Savage Gaiters? That's 3 more STR and you won't lose any acc. Nice weapon skill set, either way.
 Bahamut.Phey
By Bahamut.Phey 2010-01-27 01:27:46  
10 Ratt is more damage output then 3 str.
[+]
By Antonaki 2010-01-27 03:40:45  
Light Gorget and Axe Grip. Also do you do Kirin, Dark Ixion, anything thats higher lvl than merit birds as RNG? If so you should think about adding a little acc back in, unless you use sushi.. which i hope you dont, or you will go to rng hell and be molested by a 1000 galkas for all eternity. When doing DI on RNG i leave my 2x Behe+1 in place for sidewinder, unless you have a cor and a brd you will need it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-27 03:44:30  
Sushi!?! What rng uses sushi since Pot-au-feu came out? Also breeze gorget does slugwinder and 1 UFO peice much easier to get then 2
 Fairy.Laia
サーバ: Fairy
user: Laia
By Fairy.Laia 2010-01-27 05:15:02  
For the Avg no so rich and not poor and that does regular event, not hardcore into everything like most... that is a very good WS set. except you can easily do better with the neck piece. Again for an AVG player.

Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-27 06:36:07  
Bahamut.Phey said:

Well, theoretically, yes. But there is a ranged attack cap for weapon skills, and I would judge you're quite near it (as testing around with my setups, adding additional ranged attack did not increase damage, thus I assumed I was near the cap.) Our setups are pretty similar, infact we're 1 STR out of each other.

Assuming you have a good amount of ratt already, there is every possibility 3 STR will increase damage more. I'd merely recommend doing what I do which is testing everything yourself rather than just be a sheep RNG and go with what everyone else says. With my WS setup, 3 STR > 10 Ratt. Try it yourself. You might be surprised with the results. =)
 Bahamut.Phey
By Bahamut.Phey 2010-01-27 07:55:46  
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Bahamut.Phey said:

Well, theoretically, yes. But there is a ranged attack cap for weapon skills, and I would judge you're quite near it (as testing around with my setups, adding additional ranged attack did not increase damage, thus I assumed I was near the cap.) Our setups are pretty similar, infact we're 1 STR out of each other.

Assuming you have a good amount of ratt already, there is every possibility 3 STR will increase damage more. I'd merely recommend doing what I do which is testing everything yourself rather than just be a sheep RNG and go with what everyone else says. With my WS setup, 3 STR > 10 Ratt. Try it yourself. You might be surprised with the results. =)
I will test if moving the 10 RAtt out of my build helps but instead of using 3 Str boots I'll switch to Hachiryu Sune-Ate for the 10 Agi increase. 5 Racc will be beneficial and I'm not quite sure that 3 Str will put out more damage then 10 agi. I already TP in Sune-Ate to maintain my 6 hit /war.
 Pandemonium.Eldevine
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Eldevine
By Pandemonium.Eldevine 2010-01-27 09:31:34  
Quote:
Scout's Socks > Rutters
Quote:
Blood Finger Gauntlets > Seiryu's Kote

.../facepalm... U r doing it wrong.
Quote:
Other possible upgrades scout's rope

Why would anyone ever want agi over str for sidewinder?
This is just wrong.

Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-27 09:50:09  
Bahamut.Phey said:
I will test if moving the 10 RAtt out of my build helps but instead of using 3 Str boots I'll switch to Hachiryu Sune-Ate for the 10 Agi increase. 5 Racc will be beneficial and I'm not quite sure that 3 Str will put out more damage then 10 agi. I already TP in Sune-Ate to maintain my 6 hit /war.

I doubt 10 AGI > 3 STR. 10 AGI is just a modifier (accuracy is a moot point as we're comparing the damage), whereas STR is a modifier and it's the base for all your WS modifiers.
 Kujata.Knossos
サーバ: Kujata
user: Knossos
By Kujata.Knossos 2010-01-27 10:55:30  
I fully Believe that it depends on the situation, if youre shooting things with high def i think Ranged attack > STR. I guarantee you if you went to shoot genbu with sidewinder with STR gear and no brd songs cor rolls or buffs or such, that it would do alot less dmg than it would with a full ranged attack gear setup. howeverer, if you did have the buffs, i think i would use the STR setup to further push the dmg cap. However if youre shooting Birds for example, i would also rock the STR setup.

I have two sets of sidewinder sets and one empyreal arrow setup.
One has STR is every slot i can cram it in except neck for breeze gorget.
the other has what i feel is best in slot for a well rounded sidewinder such as scouts belt, relic feet, amemet mantle +1.
While the other has things like buccaneers belt, smilodon mantle and other str cramming items.
i dont claim to know what im doing. >.> but this has worked the best for me.
if im wrong on any account id like to know. :D
 Seraph.Tryce
By Seraph.Tryce 2010-01-27 11:14:07  
ok well heres what I've come up with after just getting scout socks finally lol

TP:

Mirke: Racc +10 Snapshot +5

WS:

Anwig Salade STR +4 WS DMG +15% Racc+10 Ratt+5
 Seraph.Tryce
By Seraph.Tryce 2010-01-27 11:26:38  
now my next question is what's better for SW? light gorget or hope torque?
 Bismarck.Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-01-27 11:27:19  
Quote:
While the other has things like buccaneers belt, smilodon mantle

This makes my brain hurt. Look, to get equivalent damage, it takes 2 ratt for every 1 str when regarding sidewinder, ergo, 15 ratt from amemet +1 > +5 str from smilodon mantle. The exact same theory applies with Scout's socks vs 3str feet.

I'd really like to know what some of you are capping your slugwinders out at against greater birds when meriting, so i can atleast see what kind of "this increases my damage so i use it" arguements we're really dealing with.
[+]
 Bismarck.Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-01-27 11:29:21  
well light gorget adds .1 to your pdif, and adds an unknown amount of accuracy.

hope adds +14 ratt/ +14 acc

Quote:
Necklace
Qiqirn Collar - 1.88% SW, 1.78% SS
Spike Necklace/Chiv Chain - 1.54% SW, 1.45% SS
Jagd Gorget - 1.41% SW, 1.33% SS
RNG Necklace - 1.17% SW, 1.11% SS
Elemental Gorgets - 1.94% both
Hope Torque - 2.28% SW, 0.90% SS
Faith Torque - 1.56% SS only
Justice Torque - 2.56% SW, 2.41% SS

For SW spamming:

Justice > Hope > Light > Qiqirn > Chiv > Jagd > Rng necklace

Seraph.Tryce
By Seraph.Tryce 2010-01-27 11:31:25  
mmk thank you for all the help guys :D
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-27 11:34:20  
Seraph.Tryce said:
now my next question is what's better for SW? light gorget or hope torque?

Gorget for any single hit WS, Torque or PCC for multi-hits is the general rule of thumb. For Slug Shot the Gorget > Faith Torque, but I haven't tested it for Sidewinder. Mayhaps the AGI on Hope makes it better, not sure without trying it myself. Possibly somebody else has the answer.
 Bismarck.Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-01-27 17:56:02  
5 agi isnt going to bump that number up significatnly enough to make a big difference, otherwise s.kote would destroy cfg/bfg(s). But there isnt another reasoning that i can put to it. It could be possible that because of the base damage differences, one piece is favorable over another, but i would have to sit and do the calculations to figure it out.