A Time For Change In My Life. Need Some Opinions Or Thoughts Please! [Navy]

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » A time for change in my life. Need some opinions or thoughts please! [Navy]
A time for change in my life. Need some opinions or thoughts please! [Navy]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 16 17 18
 Siren.Avina
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Avina
By Siren.Avina 2010-08-21 00:19:21  
Siren.Clinpachi said:

Why should someone like me whos been in college and around the block and can do ANYTHING with a computer you ask me to do... live a poor life from not pushing/progressing myself.

Because you aren't making any money with those skills, dude.

I'm sorry but you do come off sounding spoiled. College doesn't mean as much as it used to anymore, not in an economy like this. And if you think that there aren't more qualified people than you, in this economy, that have had to settle for a lower tier job in order to have the opportunity to move up to a higher one. It's just how things work. You demonstrate your experience through your previous employment and you are able to move up from that. Take this from someone who is actually going into your field for a graduate degree.

Anyone can write "I can do this, this, this, and this" on their resume, but it doesn't mean much if you don't have work experience.

Hopefully the military will give you that. And really, good luck.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-21 00:24:33  
Fairy.Spence said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Samuraiking said:
oi, Darki. That still is not funny, what is it you do not get?

indeed!

Hm, you thought so too? Him being SK and all. I just figured it was the 'King' in his name and him generally being a jerk.

did he get banned or something lol
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-21 00:25:16  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Samuraiking said:

indeed!

Hm, you thought so too? Him being SK and all. I just figured it was the 'King' in his name and him generally being a jerk.

That's what I've heard.
By Kingslimeking 2010-08-21 00:26:56  
sorry darling. not the case.
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-21 00:27:58  
Siren.Avina said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

Why should someone like me whos been in college and around the block and can do ANYTHING with a computer you ask me to do... live a poor life from not pushing/progressing myself.

Because you aren't making any money with those skills, dude.

I'm sorry but you do come off sounding spoiled. College doesn't mean as much as it used to anymore, not in an economy like this. And if you think that there aren't more qualified people than you, in this economy, that have had to settle for a lower tier job in order to have the opportunity to move up to a higher one. It's just how things work. You demonstrate your experience through your previous employment and you are able to move up from that. Take this from someone who is actually going into your field for a graduate degree.

Anyone can write "I can do this, this, this, and this" on their resume, but it doesn't mean much if you don't have work experience.

Hopefully the military will give you that. And really, good luck.

lol as angry as this would usually make me, i say the same ***about the other students in my class... none of them have TRUE skill... i breezed through college with deans list 3.8 GPA on my 2 year...

I tell friends that 90% of the people in this field will still be looking for work unless they SELL their portfolio pretty hard and get lucky with a client or advertising agency.

And computers are all i've known my entire life and i'm glad i can step outside the box a little bit and gain some military background.

I'm not spoiled... i worked my *** off to get where i am today and it doesn't even matter if anyone acknowledges or cares about that on a video game forum site.

I've worked for staples easytech, best buy's geek squad, and a friends computer store as a mobile tech. I've also freelanced several business projects for proprietor owned companies as well as own stock in several different areas related to the same.

I'm well aware previous employment plays a key role but so does what you've done to make a difference in your life and the military is the perfect place to show it later on.

The job market for this field is astronomically difficult due to the rise in technology driven teens who can do equally less important things... and classrooms are jam packed with kids who don't even know what a pen tool is.

In either case i understand the skepticism but in any general case i know what i've been through, what i'm capable of... and the next steps i need to take on the way to where I'm ultimately going.

Any person smart enough to think straight wouldn't return to a burger flipping job with a wife to think about when you've been around the block as much as i have and can do the things i do.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-21 00:29:15  
Fairy.Spence said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Samuraiking said:

indeed!

That's what I've heard.
LOL about time
By Kingslimeking 2010-08-21 00:30:39  
Who was Samking because I am not him. This name has to do with vid games.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-21 00:32:11  
He was brash, but he wouldn't have been banned if he hadn't started with a mod, over a thread that he had every right to be angry about.

He needed to keep a cooler head and pick his fights, but other than that I don't think Samking did that much wrong.

I argued with him a fair bit, but people that are on here and are not banned are no better than him :/
By Darki 2010-08-21 00:32:28  
whos darki its like i dunno herrrr

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-21 00:32:40  
Kingslimeking said:
Who was Samking because I am not him. This name has to do with vid games.

Dragon Quest!

/brofist
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-21 00:33:33  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
He was brash, but he wouldn't have been banned if he hadn't started with a mod, over a thread that he had every right to be angry about.

He needed to keep a cooler head and pick his fights, but other than that I don't think Samking did that much wrong.

I argued with him a fair bit, but people that are on here and are not banned are no better than him :/
angry online you say?
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-21 00:34:27  
He still lurks. I was fortunate (sarcasm) to get a PM from one of his alternates calling me out.

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-21 00:35:48  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

angry online you say?

Yup, People like to think they are cool as a cucumber online, but it's pretty much hogwash.
By Kingslimeking 2010-08-21 00:36:58  
yes it is dragon quest my favorite series.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-21 00:37:32  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

angry online you say?

Yup, People like to think they are cool as a cucumber online, but it's pretty much hogwash.

man i missed that long awaited moment to see him banned...grrr

imad
By Kingslimeking 2010-08-21 00:39:07  
i went back a page darki, ya said I had the same views as this sk? what that supposed to mean mate.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-21 00:41:02  
Kingslimeking said:
i went back a page darki, ya said I had the same views as this sk? what that supposed to mean mate.
ohhh nothing at all bro!

why you jumping on it if it aint truuu!!!

see i can talk differently as well
By Kingslimeking 2010-08-21 00:43:09  
but mate, you are jogging, because this aint sammy king :)
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-21 00:44:27  
kay bro!
By Kingslimeking 2010-08-21 00:45:12  
how much does it cost to get between those legs?
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-21 00:46:28  
I doubt it's Samking, he has a british dialect if anything.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-21 00:47:24  
samuraiking said:
i wanna get banned again
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-21 00:48:44  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

we can pretend to be anything online right...oh wait
By Kingslimeking 2010-08-21 00:49:22  
err i am not samking
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-21 00:53:18  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

we can pretend to be anything online right...oh wait

But unless he's lived in the UK I doubt he'd use slang that is kind of unique to our dialect.

Meh, I don't know. You know what they say about assumptions though.
 Phoenix.Airbag
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-08-21 00:55:01  
man wtf, go to kill abyssea nms and theres an anon troll!

creed collar get!
By Kingslimeking 2010-08-21 00:55:35  
aye, what they say about assumtions which ever it is. i donno, but anyone can pretend to be anything. darki had issues with samuraiking? was not around for what ever issus he had with people.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-21 16:30:00  
[sarcasm]Just because has has king in hiz naem he's samking.[/sarcasm]
kingslime, quit being a:
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-21 16:34:41  
Ragnarok.Bricky said:
On-topic: I'm not sure if this will be of any help to you.

I did date a guy who was previously in the Navy. He was discharged due to being suicidal. He was 24, if I recall, and suddenly unemployed. He had very little education past high school. His Navy training was of no help for a civilian job. With no income, and his savings dwindling away, he had to move back in with his parents. He searched every day for job listings, but no one would take him.

I am not sure if he ever did find a job. (He ended up going crazy and abusing me.)

Just thought I would warn you. If the Navy does not work out, employers do not seem to support ex-military nearly as much as you may hear. Not even minimum wage jobs would hire him. You would probably end up needing to go back to school anyway. Education > military experience, in terms of employment.

I wish you luck. ^^
Some of it has to do with what rate you have. But most jobs give points for vets. Hell most government jobs give priority of some kind.

What really probably hurt him was how he got out. Getting discharged for suicidal thoughts/ideations looks almost as bad as OTH discharge
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 16 17 18