Oily Trousers Or Dusk+1?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Oily Trousers or Dusk+1?
Oily Trousers or Dusk+1?
 Cerberus.Oric
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2010-01-16 16:18:28  
Ok so I am level 71 RNG atm, looking at some pants for 70-75 level range. Before anyone starts shouting "HACHI/SKADI or GTFO", I do not have access to either of these right now. I don't even have access to Scout's or Pahl do to my current work schedule in conflict with endgame events.

So what this all boils down to is: Should I purchase Oily Trousers, or Dusk/+1?"

Oily and Dusk+1 are nearly = in price, so I guess my question is 5 DEX and 5 AGI of Oily better than the +6 more Racc of Dusk+1?

Thanks!

Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-16 16:26:22  
If you don't have access to Pahluwan pants, the next best are Akinji pants. Before the actual endgame options, that is.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-16 17:04:03  
Dusk +1 > Oily.
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-16 17:14:26  
I'm no RNG but it looks like your have an ACC piece and an AGI piece. And accuracy, in any form, is only useful if you aren't capped against the mob you are fighting

So the question is, do you need the 5-6 r.acc from the dusk trousers?

And to answer that, it comes down to what you are fighting and what else you are wearing (?)
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-16 17:32:11  
Kujata.Argettio said:
I'm no RNG but it looks like your have an ACC piece and an AGI piece. And accuracy, in any form, is only useful if you aren't capped against the mob you are fighting

So the question is, do you need the 5-6 r.acc from the dusk trousers?

And to answer that, it comes down to what you are fighting and what else you are wearing (?)

Oily doesn't really come into it. The AGI is useless because you shouldn't really be using them for WS; in which case, it's down to which is more accuracy; which is Dusk +1.

I use Dusk +1 at 75 since I'm void of Skadi's. It lets me put ranged attack in other slots. +11 RACC is a big boost; nearly as much as the rings. Having +7.5 ACC instead and putting ACC in other slots (where you could use more attack, possibly Triumph Earrings) makes no sense.

Though I got my Dusk for 800k which is a steal now I think about it, lol.