フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » AF +1
AF +1
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-08 14:46:52  
Siren.Enternius said:
Coming from a long time NIN, I don't even consider taking NIN to merit parties. If you have any other DD jobs, you're probably better off going as that. That, and tanks are obsolete past LV55ish anyway.

well if i just wanted to grind merits I'll just go brd, sam is also decent geared, but I like my nin so i went to a merit pt on it D:
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-08 14:48:07  
Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
give NIN A in katana skill in a sneak update anytime soon plz D:

And A Ninutsu? :O
Siren.Enternius said:
I personally believe Rajas is almost a fulltime thing for all DDs, 'cept MNK if you have 2x Toreador's or Sniper's 1

And yea, but even for MNK it most likely takes off a hit and then it is usually better no?
Ultimately depends on what you're doing. MNK is, believe it or not, a fairly inaccurate job and can use all the ACC it can get.
 Carbuncle.Caitlin
user: goose11
By Carbuncle.Caitlin 2010-01-08 14:51:59  
Mabrook said:
Mix-match max haste = 23% haste, this is with turban, dusk+1, byakko, fuma, v.belt

Now with max haste with full usu = 19% haste, ok 4% haste less.

Ok your losing some dex, 4% haste, blah blah but your gaining acc and eva + 5 million, which mind you is ideal for NIN cuz u know NIN is not only a DD.
If NIN's a DD so is DNC lol (which its not).
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-01-08 14:58:30  
NIN Attacks faster, hits harder, has Blade:Jin and access to more DD gear then DNC does >.>; Not to mention has at least A- in a weapon, and it will /war to DD.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-08 14:59:57  
NIN is hands-down the fastest job in the game. That adds up to a HELL of a lot of DoT. And 700+ Jins are frequent enough to put NIN up alongside SAM in WS frequency also.
 Carbuncle.Caitlin
By Carbuncle.Caitlin 2010-01-08 15:01:13  
I'm not saying it does less dmg then DNC, but it sure as hell doesn't do as much dmg as a real DD job. Your main focus isn't DD, never was, so don't pretend you are a DD.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-01-08 15:04:35  
Carbuncle.Caitlin said:
I'm not saying it does less dmg then DNC, but it sure as hell doesn't do as much dmg as a real DD job. Your main focus isn't DD, never was, so don't pretend you are a DD.
Apparently NIN's main focus wasn't supposed to be a tank either. Should we stop pretending to be also?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Caitlin
By Carbuncle.Caitlin 2010-01-08 15:08:44  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Carbuncle.Caitlin said:
Apparently NIN's main focus wasn't supposed to be a tank either. Should we stop pretending to be also?
Wasn't supposed to be but SE changed their opinion obviously with the new mythic weapon, and stuff that adds enmity.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-08 15:10:16  
and Innin?

Carbuncle.Caitlin
By Carbuncle.Caitlin 2010-01-08 15:11:28  
I'm not saying NIN doesnt put up nice numbers. I'm a 75 nin too, I know what we're capable of, but even with me voking, enmity merits, Decent DD gear, a real DD can still rip hate off of me whenever he wants because his numbers are that much better.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-01-08 15:13:01  
You mean that weapon that one person in this game owns? That weapon with the same(Actually less) DPS then Senji? Kikoku has something to say about that.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-08 15:13:16  
well, you did compare NIN "DD" to DNC "DD", not NIN DD to SAM
 Carbuncle.Caitlin
By Carbuncle.Caitlin 2010-01-08 15:17:36  
I'm saying you're a tank, just like dnc is a front line healer. I hear DNC's say all the time that they are DD, not support. Someone said in another post DNCs main focus is support and the damage is just a nice side effect. Albeit our damage is much better than theirs, your main focus is still tanking.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Vavaud
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Vavaud
By Pandemonium.Vavaud 2010-01-08 15:21:01  
@ Caitlin:

The best merit party i've ever been in (in terms of xp/hour) was on my RDM, dual BRD, and 3x NIN on mamools above bird camp.

Or maybe it was 1x BRD and 4x NIN, I dont recall exactly.

In any case, watching them fight was like everyone had constant hundred fists on, things just seemed to die instantly.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-08 15:23:21  
No one had said that NIN is an awsome DD before you posted this.
Carbuncle.Caitlin said:

we were just discussing different TP sets and what not. If you are going to "tank" you think its a bad idea to try and put out some DMG as well while doing that?

Just because we're looking at what "DD gear" is available doesnt mean we say that NIN is the ***, out DD SAM any day anytime, lol.
 Carbuncle.Caitlin
By Carbuncle.Caitlin 2010-01-08 15:23:39  
Pandemonium.Vavaud said:
@ Caitlin:

The best merit party i've ever been in (in terms of xp/hour) was on my RDM, dual BRD, and 3x NIN on mamools above bird camp.

Or maybe it was 1x BRD and 4x NIN, I dont recall exactly.

In any case, watching them fight was like everyone had constant hundred fists on, things just seemed to die instantly.
Lol probably best for you because all the nins didnt need much for curing, assuming you were the rdm.
 Pandemonium.Vavaud
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Vavaud
By Pandemonium.Vavaud 2010-01-08 15:25:18  
haha Yup.

Just sit back and watch the bloody fly.

Oh, and the damn haste cycle...
 Carbuncle.Caitlin
By Carbuncle.Caitlin 2010-01-08 15:25:44  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
No one had said that NIN is an awsome DD before you posted this.
Carbuncle.Caitlin said:

we were just discussing different TP sets and what not. If you are going to "tank" you think its a bad idea to try and put out some DMG as well while doing that?

Just because we're looking at what "DD gear" is available doesnt mean we say that NIN is the ***, out DD SAM any day anytime, lol.
I'm not the one that brought SAM into this, enternius did saying that his NIN's dot is almost as good as SAM
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-08 15:33:59  
/sigh

derailed thread is derailed.

went from "suggestions for NIN AF +1" > "Ok your losing some dex, 4% haste, blah blah but your gaining acc and eva + 5 million, which mind you is ideal for NIN cuz u know NIN is not only a DD." > "Your main focus isn't DD, never was, so don't pretend you are a DD." in 2 pages D:
 Carbuncle.Caitlin
By Carbuncle.Caitlin 2010-01-08 15:38:55  
Lol sorry zanno, just hate it when ppl dont get their jobs. I did hands first, but i dont have enkidu hands. I'd probably do feet next, and body last because nin has ***for acc. Good for when you're out screwing around with em mobs on nin/dnc though. Just depends what you do more.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Caitlin
By Carbuncle.Caitlin 2010-01-08 15:54:50  
Mabrook said:
Must be a sign to delvl your NIN to the correct level of 37 lol.

TBH though like 100% truth, only reason I lvl'd NIN to 75 is for 8/8 ninjutsu and I got that.
Your ls has 2 pld/nin's tanking a HNM, you gonna go nin to DD? No, I bet you go sam.
Your ls is doing dyna with pld callers, you gonna go nin? Unless you're the puller, no.
I have a DD job and its not nin. So make yourself useful, if your ls needs DD, and go as any of your other exceptional DD jobs.

[+]
 Titan.Ardiem
サーバ: Titan
user: Ardiem
By Titan.Ardiem 2010-01-08 15:57:34  
Back on Topic, I did Hands > Feet > Body(and I have no interest to upgrade legs and head). I was pretty happy with my hands choice, they're just an amazing WS item, I use Koga+1 at night and Nin.+1 during the day. I upgraded body, but I very rarely use it, typically I TP in my Hauby+1.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-08 16:05:13  
leveling and playing nin because you think its a fun job to play = fail. i see.

Because every single min you're in game its all about HNM and end game. Playing for anything else and you're a horrible person that should get shot with a shotgun in your balls.

/endthread

I got the opinions I asked for and more trolling than I asked for.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-01-08 16:06:46  
Yes, if you play NIN because you think it's fun you should delete your character. You are a bad person and should feel bad. /sarcasm ;)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Garuda.Fivestarplayer 2010-01-08 16:17:42  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:

don't have gil for Cuch, don't do HNM and no gil for Ancient...

LIES! ALL LIES!!!
Now I know where the gil is gonna go when you sell our first couple Novio Drops!
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-01-08 16:22:35  
Garuda.Fivestarplayer said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:

don't have gil for Cuch, don't do HNM and no gil for Ancient...

LIES! ALL LIES!!!
Now I know where the gil is gonna go when you sell our first couple Novio Drops!
<.> Drats! And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids!
 Carbuncle.Caitlin
By Carbuncle.Caitlin 2010-01-08 16:24:52  
That last post was for mabrook who obviously does a lot of endgame stuff. I didn't direct that at any of you guys, I use my nin for almost everything that isn't endgame related (key hunting, quests, fov, ect). I even get to tank a limbus run here and there.

Post deleted by User.