users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Leathercraft » Dusk Gloves +1
Dusk Gloves +1
 Asura.Barthalomew
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-01-01 16:55:43  
So, just out of curiosity, What would be the best moon-phase/time/elemental-day/etc to craft a pair of Dusk Gloves +1? I know there are numerous theories and "experiences" But, Does anyone have any cold, hard, factual data to support their claims? Please feel free to share here. :)
 Asura.Envious
サーバ: Asura
user: Stewie
By Asura.Envious 2010-01-01 16:57:36  
There is no factual data that says moon phase/day/direction affect crafting in any way whatsoever, at this point and time it is all superstition.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-01-01 17:00:17  
Read this thread.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=4876
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-01 17:09:28  
I have yet to see any reliable data supporting direction or any other crafting myth, and not for lack of searching.
[+]
 Sylph.Sindri
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-01-01 17:23:08  
Superstitiously? Day of the crystal + Full Moon. Factually? I got zip.
 Fairy.Fyrestorm
サーバ: Fairy
user: Fyrestorm
By Fairy.Fyrestorm 2010-01-01 17:36:49  
People will swear down that different moon/day/direction/underwear will help HQ rate. I've heard of both newmoon and fullmoon as HQ day. Personally I do direction because it takes half a second and can't hurt. Believe what you will but as stated above, there's no factual evidence and there will never be solid 100% proof either way unless SE come out and state it. Even then people will interpret it how they want.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-01 17:44:05  
Ensure your computer is also facing the direction of HQ precisely and so are you. This is how people keep messing up HQing.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-01 17:44:29  
I've seen people do large quantity crafting test on allakhazam that supported moon phase/day/direction for both HQ and skillups.

I've noticed a dramatic difference when skilling up compared to when I went just by skill difference.

Oh and while were at it

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/HQ
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-01 17:44:53  
Also make sure there's an actual sandstorm outside your house before trying to HQ.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-01 17:49:05  
Only if on a Wind synth (it's opposite direction right = HQ right?)! Move to a volcano if you want those Ice synths!
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-01 17:50:52  
Those tests consist of 48 synths on each day. Fourty-eight. Each 1 synth there is 2.083% of the data <_<
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-01 17:53:02  
Oh and as I tend to do about 100+ trumpet rings a day and it's a slightly higher than normal T0 HQ rate... actually I should start recording it but ice/dark day is definitely the day I avoid if I got an AH full of HQs. Not only do I break more often but I HQ more. Generally 0-1 HQs on lightsday. 4+ on ice/dark

And well since I npc the NQ rings and HQs take awhile to sell sometimes no use piling them up.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-01 17:56:48  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Those tests consist of 48 synths on each day. Fourty-eight. Each 1 synth there is 2.083% of the data <_<
Yeah but it wasn't like the differences were small at all.
 Odin.Sinharvest
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-01-01 17:59:11  
I crafted my hands on 71% moon on watersday with no skill gear on, random crafting.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-01 18:14:26  
I can flip a coin 48 times on one day, get a split of 28/20... according to this data, one face has a 58.3% chance of occuring and the other 41.7%. The difference is only eight trials and will easily happen in real life frequently, but the difference in percentage is huge.

See what I'm saying? :x
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-01 18:16:26  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I've seen people do large quantity crafting test on allakhazam that supported moon phase/day/direction for both HQ and skillups.

I've noticed a dramatic difference when skilling up compared to when I went just by skill difference.

Oh and while were at it

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/HQ
The link at the bottom of that page redirects to Eruntalon's HQ tests. After his "HQ code" *** that came not long after that thread, much of his work was called into question. That test is also a little low on sample size, so I'd be reluctant to draw any conclusions from that data regardless of the poster.
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Oh and as I tend to do about 100 trumpet rings a day and it's a slightly higher than normal T0 HQ rate... actually I should start recording it but ice/dark day is definitely the day I avoid if I got an AH full of HQs. Not only do I break more often but I HQ more. Generally 0-1 HQs on lightsday. 4 on ice/dark

And well since I npc the NQ rings and HQs take awhile to sell sometimes no use piling them up.
Yeah, you should probably start recording your data and generate a fair number of samples to work with before you submit any assertions as facts.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-01 18:30:04  
But it wasn't just 48 test. It was 48 per day for 3 different moon phases. So really if you are comparing moonphase data it's more like 384. And if you are comparing day of the week more like

And more over what are the odds that it just so happening that each day and moonphase fit the course exactly? Not just 1 day not just a couple of days or moonphases all of them did.

Seriously the difference between light and darkday on new moon went from 25% to 58.3%. That's over a 100% increase in HQs. While the opposite crystal(ice) just so happened to be within a couple of % of dark and wind (the same crystal type) and earth (the element its strong against) just happened to fall within a few % of light while all the other elements just happen to be sitting in the middle?

In the end can it hurt to do that?
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Oh and as I tend to do about 100 trumpet rings a day and it's a slightly higher than normal T0 HQ rate... actually I should start recording it but ice/dark day is definitely the day I avoid if I got an AH full of HQs. Not only do I break more often but I HQ more. Generally 0-1 HQs on lightsday. 4 on ice/dark And well since I npc the NQ rings and HQs take awhile to sell sometimes no use piling them up.
Yeah, you should probably start recording your data and generate a fair number of samples to work with before you submit any assertions as facts.

Meh guess I'll start parsing my mass synthing then.
Though really it is very noticable difference in HQs.

But really I could say the same for you as far as fact assertion. At least I got a source to reference
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-01 18:38:52  
I made no assertions concerning HQ rates and thus need no data. Your source is questionable, both Eruntalon (low sample size) and wiki (since anyone can edit it). Sorry =\

48 samples for each portion of the test is not enough. Can't tell you margin of error because ijdk when it comes to probability statistics beyond the absolute basics.

Does it hurt to synth in that manner? Nah, not really. Does spreading misinformation hurt? Potentially, yes.
 Kujata.Erim
サーバ: Kujata
user: Erim
By Kujata.Erim 2010-01-01 18:45:25  
The only official statement I remember SE making was in regards toward facing certain directions for certain crystals. They said that it has no effect on the outcome.

I wish I could supply a source but they said this YEARS ago and I doubt I'd be able to find it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-01 18:49:03  
Well I haven't really tried to do much HQing but I have done rediculous amount of skilling up.

No I don't have "records." However the rediculous amount of difference in skill up rate is what led me to follow patterns like this. Before when I didn't higher end skillups... yeah I was lucky to see 1/6 which was extremely painful in goldsmithing back in the day. Kinda gave up on crafting.

Then I starting do subcrafts and yeah using the crafting timer was rediculous. Then I di 1-100 bonecraft on a mule in about 2-3 months and even at 90+ at worst I'd be 1/2.5. And lower I'd be pissed not to be more like 1/1.5-2 until it averaged back out.

But since I do a fair amount of tumpet rings that should provide for a decent test. Well see in a few weeks lol
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-01 19:18:25  
Did he control all other factors? Since moon phase is apparently intrinsically linked with HQ rate, the moon phase has to be EXACTLY controlled. Not within 1%. EXACTLY. Did he control the time of day? How does he know it's not to do with the time of day? Conquest tally? Job you're currently on? Stats?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-01 19:31:48  
You can't control exact percentage of moonphase and change day of the week. Certain percentages only show up for certain days of the week or vice versa depending on how you look at it.

Also your just getting rediculous. Time of day? Seriously to start it on the same time of day, day of the week and moonphase percentage you could only do that once ever couple of rl days. So even if you want just 100 samples from 1 particular time in a day on 1 particular moonphase for a set of days of the weeks your still looking at damn near a years worth of effort.

Then you add conquest tally... yeah if you go specific enough into that it could make that take decades to get those sample points. And also most crafters I know generally craft on the same job in the same gear or lack of gear.

And again how come it just so happens to come out the way we think it would've?

Ok then have you any test that shows that it is completely unrelated?

While I can't affect conquest I will keep my mules job the same and can start at the same time of day and record the % of moonphase and while were at even if it is rising or falling.

Alexander.Vivicide
サーバ: Alexander
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2010-01-10 10:20:09  
This could also be due to the fact that you may or may not have paid attention to the side of the coin you placed down to initially flip it and could also be from variations in the power of the flip.
 Seraph.Alexandria
サーバ: Seraph
user: lordalex
By Seraph.Alexandria 2010-01-12 02:13:24  
I wouldn't worry about doing any testing dasva. It obviously is not going to make any difference to anyone in here as their mind is made up 100% it's all bs.

Which it's not and it's so obvious but eh. They are just arguing for hell of it with you Dasva and being forum trolls so just let it go. Does it and has it worked for you and countless others. yes and that's what matters.. not some smartasses on here looking for attention or picking a fight.

Whether or not it's been proven 100% it just makes you look stupid to not even give it any consideration when most of you can't and won't post any data to back up your own argument.

Do some testing and show that it doesn't make any difference. But they won't cause they're trolls and just looking to argue. typical.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-01-12 04:01:37  
1/23, crafter literally spun like a top the entire time he synthed just to taunt crafting myths, and boom, there we have it.

4% haste on your hands is pretty sweet and stuff, but to have that 4% in the first place, you must urge yourself to begin actually crafting them.

GO DO IT NOW CTFHFGJVJGCVNHGCVNJGTFCNHFGTBGDRGXDGXDGHFJGNNJCV