New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Clothcraft » Clothcraft 98-99
Clothcraft 98-99
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Malekith 2009-12-30 19:25:01  
I was thinking of spamming Al Zhabi Sash and was wondering about how many synths it took for people to get through this level? Just trying to get a ballpark idea.
 Bismarck.Masterblaster
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Masterblaster 2009-12-30 19:31:04  
98-99 was Rasetsu Samue, thats the "cheapest" option but i somehow managed to spend 300,000 on the Raxa itself lol not including 2 1/2 stacks of Darksteel ingots. I did all of my synths on Windsday of course mainly i only received a 0.1 out of every 3 of those synths on that day, once getting to 98.9 it took atleast 6 goes to get the last 0.1 to achieve 99 whether or not it was worth it who knows. All in all it took around 15-20 synths to get my 99 level adding up to around 500-600k, the skill up rate on the samue's are definately better than most others looks good on profile i guess lol.
 Ifrit.Rendra
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Rendra
By Ifrit.Rendra 2009-12-31 04:37:34  
Well since we have a CC thread going atm... what is the best thing to skill on at 93? i've been stuck there for a long time just not sure what synth on seems like i'm going to lose gil either way.
 Fairy.Fyrestorm
サーバ: Fairy
user: Fyrestorm
By Fairy.Fyrestorm 2009-12-31 04:52:41  
I did sashes and it cost me an absolute fortune. However any skillups at this stage are priceless. 99-100 was the worst for me, literally 20 argent coats before I even got a single .1 into the level.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [116 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2010-04-26 03:09:42  
Ifrit.Rendra said:
Well since we have a CC thread going atm... what is the best thing to skill on at 93? i've been stuck there for a long time just not sure what synth on seems like i'm going to lose gil either way.
At that level till 98, I made dance shoes. If you have leather skilled (and you should considering how cheap it is) you can make your own moccasins. Then it's just a matter of farming spiders for webs for rainbow thread/cloth. Really depending on how much of your own farming you do this can be a relatively cheap/ straightforward grind to cap out on.
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2010-04-26 03:14:32  
I'm working on Tarutaru Sashes at 93. I farm the manticore hair and spider webs for rainbow thread, and desynth gigas socks for wool thread. Pay for gold thread straight up from the AH since my goldsmithing isn't high enough (slacker), and buy silver thread from the guild at minimum price. Sashes NPC for 3600 gil, but I've had a pretty awesome skill up rate on them thus far. Seems like the best road to 95.
 Remora.Hatcher
サーバ: Remora
user: hatcher
By Remora.Hatcher 2010-04-26 04:43:50  
I was stuck @ 98 clothcraft for over 2 years without a reasonable synth to do i pretty much gave up, I went on to level woodworking and bonecraft to 100 on mules before i finally went back to finish cloth.

I found a bit of a trick when i went from 98-100

Argent coats requires a level of alchemy sub skill. My skill was only like 14 or 15 at the time.

I found that synthing the coats without the desired level of skill aided my skill up. considering the loss on selling these coats on the ah, i wasn't to worried about critical failure. But i did find the synth will fail most of the time losing nothing but the crystal and give me the 0.1 skill up ALOT!!

Maybe I was lucky...

Good luck :)
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2010-04-26 11:36:16  
93- 98: Dance shoes
98- 99: Argent Coats/ Al zhabi sashes

99-100: x33 Blessed Briault (.8 skill gained and a HQ for 7.5M spent!), x5 Cursed Dalmatica (.1 skill gained but no HQ for ~6M spent), x5 Ebon Frock (.1 skill gained for ~6M spent), x4 Argent Coat (failed once though, no skillup and ~600k)

Lucky for me at the time I was skilling up the markets for the frocks and cursed dalmy hadn't crashed yet. I was atleast able to sell both items for break even if not a small profit. If anyone were to try at present, I'd advise them to be smart and watch the market. What really killed me was the cost of galatea which fluctuated anywhere from 80-150k. So if you end up being stuck doing briaults only this becomes pure loss, and a huge loss at that :/

All told I spent around 20.1M -5M from selling the HQ BB -14M from selling Frocks/ Dalmys... I only wound up 1.1M in the hole to do that whole level of skill.

Mind you I did this over December to February, it was a lot of time spend farming/ crafting and not doing much else.

Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-26 11:52:46  
Thanks for the info.. I'm working on CC on a mule right now, currently 41
 Unicorn.Rilu
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Rilu
By Unicorn.Rilu 2010-04-29 12:35:53  
clothcraft was a HUGE gil sink to level when I did, but i've been happy with having it leveled ever since (roughly 3 years now).

Things have changed quite a bit, as have new recipes that make the 90's stretch not as painful, but it still can be rough going.

My average # of synths from 95-100 was around 30 synths per level (with 98-99 being the worst at 42).

I did:

96-98 Dance shoes (made the moccasins myself for leather skillup, then kept them and made dance shoes from them)
98-99 Samue - LOTS of Ulli parties for Raxa
99-100 Blessed Briaults (15) and Cursed Dalmatica (12) had 1 HQ briault, 2 dalmy breaks (both macrame lost, not leather). Also did 1 Mahatma cape synth. So total of 28 synths for 99-100.

Irony is, I just did cooking to 100 on a mule; and I averaged about 15 synths/level from 95-100. 99-100 on Red Curry only took me 16 synths. Not sure what it was about cooking, but it was MUCH easier to do.

And, as a note - I don't pay attention to moon phase or day of the week or direction for skillups; I just craft when i get the materials in hand.