Can You Main Heal On Birds?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Can you main heal on birds?
Can you main heal on birds?
 Remora.Belius
サーバ: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-12-28 23:14:09  
Tell me can you, a DANCER, do it?

And what other job do you need to help you out? A NIN and BRD?

EDIT:

READ - CAN A DANCER DO IT 55+ ON BIRDS?
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-12-28 23:15:25  
Is this one of those troll threads?
[+]
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-12-28 23:19:21  
>_> No.

I don't want to hear theory, I want to hear actual application of where it has been done.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-12-28 23:22:12  
Depends on the rest of the party.

I've had parties on rdm where I'm bored senseless, had other parties where I'm seriously struggling to keep up and even one party where the two drg/blu did all the healing and I was fisherman as rdm/whm (actually one of the fastest and most enjoyable parties I've had).

So yeah, depends on whether or not the other members are any good at keeping shadows up, and if the fisherman can time his pulls right to only bring one mob at a time without getting eaten alive.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-12-28 23:23:41  
Guys.
Look at which forum this thread was posted in.
Can a DANCER main heal on birds.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-12-28 23:24:36  
What Blazza said. It honestly depends on your DD. If they're allergic to Third Eye/Seigan and Utsusemi...then your MP will count for nothing.

Edit. Oye...missed the DNC part. It still depends on DD. :x Waltz timers can be brutal if everyone is getting facepecked by every hit. Possible I guess with a BRD and a niiice haste setup for TP gain.
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-12-28 23:27:01  
I've been thinking of making 55 Sync parties @ mini birds more exciting with having NIN THF DNC RNG WAR BRD. The war is for no real reason, other than it's my job, and I'm the sync. xD (and voke off the nin in case of omfgiblinkedandlostshadows!)

For the most part, I know the NIN is good, since we've been levelling together and I trust his ability to time his shadows..

But I'm worried about flurry of pecking.

:/
[+]
 Pandemonium.Rathz
user: Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2009-12-28 23:30:41  
RDM can by itself because of composure/refresh with convert, and WHM with BRD can
 Phoenix.Baelorn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-12-28 23:32:30  
Bismarck.Altar said:
Guys.
Look at which forum this thread was posted in.
Can a DANCER main heal on birds.

Someone rated you down lol. It's your fault they can't read!
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-12-28 23:34:33  
I missed the dnc part too, I've had east ronfaure parties with dnc main heal though, so I don't see why not. Again, depends on DD's ability to not take damage though.
[+]
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-12-28 23:37:24  
Yeah, totally did a NINJA edit there! Just in case people, you know, didn't read.

And I have never managed to enfeeb, cure, haste, refresh a party of 5 DD and me, in succession and successfully in an exp party as the only source of healing before merit parties.

[+]
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-12-28 23:42:00  
What I'm worried about/don't know if is march songs work like sambas in the effect they don't do nothin' for your recast timers.

So it's either a BRD or RDM or WHM in that party slot.. A mage sounds like the better option, but at that lvl, you can pianissimo and we all know food isn't allowed in such parties for the most part.. So, very difficult discussions.

The brd would be busy giving prelude to the RNG.. Maybe BRD/WHM?

But is that over burdening the BRD? Singing 2 songs for party, 2 songs for nin, 1 song for the RNG and 2 songs for themselves?

Sigh.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-12-28 23:55:14  
You would want a BRD regardless. Even if they aren't healing the mobs will die faster which translates into less damage taken by the melees.
[+]
By semimmortal 2009-12-29 00:23:16  
At 55~ish, it shouldn't be too tough for the BRD to sing and pull.
Or backup heal if you want the RNG to do the pulling (guessing to take a lot of hate from /ra so that the THF can SATA onto the NIN if timed properly).
It won't be like merits where birds drop like flies in a few seconds, so they can easily cast songs at their leisure.

Oh and: March

So it'd be March and Mad for the DDs + NIN ~ Prelude and Min for the RNG. Not too hard for a BRD.
Though... never heard RNGs asking for Preludes... usually they'll yell at me for not buffing them with Min x2 lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Shindo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-12-29 01:35:31  
I wouldn't really recommend it mainly because of Feather Tickle. It makes a fine backup heal w/a proper mage. I suppose you could if you really wanted, but it's not something I would do if I had any other choice.
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-12-29 02:55:27  
tldring, but DNC can main heal birds. You still really want a hasting mage, though. Also at 55ish it'd be a bit bitchier than say merit birds. For merits my DNC sits at 200-300tp or so with my DDs fulltiming their DD-stuff(Hasso, Counterstance, whatever you crazy melee do when you don't Utsusemi). Only when I get cocky and think I can WS there's problems, lol. For 55 sync I'd go with a March/Mad for the melees and Minx2 for the RNG unless they're whiffing.
[+]
 Siren.Pantmonkey
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Pantmonkey 2009-12-29 05:10:19  
Speaking in merits iv no first hand experience, but my friend always shouts at me when i get a RDM not a DNC, cos he rekons the best PT he has ever been in had a dnc main healing for merits, so it must be possible.

However @ 55 sync i had a dual DNC pt, not a solo DNC one. It was PLD, BRD, DNC, DNC, SAM, DRG. Odly, althought i only had refresh from sanction and my neck, i held hate just with flash and voke, so id suggest NIN tanking wud have been even better; we had chains well above 10 and were cruising nicely at the 12¬14k mark per hour.

Near the end of the mobs, sometimes one of the DNC's wud get hate, just cos only doing 1 flash and a voke every 30 secs, DNC's healing pulled hate and a few times did get tickle'd. This was obviously countered by having 2 DNC's.

I know 2 seems like alot, but if you imagine, both DNC's healed and both used eva down steps instantly on the mob, they were at a lvl5 daze within seconds leaving the brd to do 2x minuet, with haste samba i think we had, the PT was flying. even on PLD i was putting out ok DoT numbers.

In a merit id say with enuf emnity minus merits, and get people to either /SAM 100% using seigan or /NIN and maybe a DRG/BLU back up, u shud be fine.

GL in ur PT's.
[+]
 Hades.Elizazo
サーバ: Hades
user: Elizazo
By Hades.Elizazo 2009-12-29 05:51:09  
My main in DNC level 75 I know I had little to no problem main healing in a merit party. Had a brd/whm help with healing when bird decided to steal my TP. Also helps if your reverse flourish is fully merited. Other than that just kept up haste samba, lowered it's evasion, reverse flourish and healed away. Use SH for help with ACC to hit and macro in Dancer's Casque when healing party members. Hope that helps. :)
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-29 06:11:11  
I feel a little dirty for wanting to merit with a DNC now.
[+]
 Hades.Elizazo
サーバ: Hades
user: Elizazo
By Hades.Elizazo 2009-12-29 06:29:02  
LOL don't feel ashamed we can take care of that with Healing Watlz. C'mon you know you wanna.
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-29 06:38:02  
lolol, sold!
[+]
 Pandemonium.Bengal
user: Zefie
By Pandemonium.Bengal 2009-12-29 06:41:57  
I can. >.>;
[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
サーバ: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-12-29 06:56:59  
Pandemonium.Bengal said:
I can.>.>;

same lol. at 57 our paladin fake-dced and i even goddamn tanked the colibri with the warrior in my pt (violent flourish is so goddamn sexy to keep shadows up). As most ppl already said... it depends on the setup and the ppl.

So without posting a tl;dr :

Good DNC: Yes.
Bad Dancer that doesnt even use Desperate Flourish: No and pls quit.
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-12-29 11:24:58  
:3 Thank you for the replies.

I now no longer feel sympathy for the bard, cause you are a one trick pony. Sing songs, biatches!

And this RNG likes acc over atk. They like the sidewinder to hit apparently.
[+]
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-12-29 11:41:35  
Yeahs, instead of minuet x 2. :D
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [83 days between previous and next post]
By Ferth 2010-03-22 13:18:20  
When I was leveling dnc through the mid fifties I ended up tanking most of the time.

in merit parties I've been main heal before its a bit frantic sometimes, no foot rise and full reverse flourish merits help though. also a soboro party makes life pretty easy if the party doesn't mind drain samba 3 over haste samba, since the sams do a pretty good job of curing themselves.

Personally I'd much rather have a rdm/whm who has full dia3 merits though. dia 3 changes your pdif just about as much as the top tier minuet does. so a rdm a bard a dnc and 3 other dds is a pretty fun set up.

if you can stick desperate flourish a quickstep+desperate flourish is just as good as hunter roll. throw in haste samba and reverse/building flourish and you can add a pretty healthy DoT to the party as well as making everyone else hit faster/more often, while supplying back up cures if the rdm needs it.

Sylph.Kozuki
サーバ: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-04-13 19:44:30  
I don't think a DNC should ever mainheal solo because haste from a mage + dia2 helps speed kills a lot. Also letting a dnc fulltime DD with saberdance makes the DNC do almost as much dmg as a real DD(not counting haste samba/steps).
[+]