New Items
users online
Caprica
 Lakshmi.Kyne
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Kyne
By Lakshmi.Kyne 2009-12-23 08:31:38  
Has anyone seen the new pilot for Caprica? It's on hulu if you want to watch it.

How do people feel about the prolific use of religion in the main plot? Personally, I think it's a refreshing plot device that other facets of Hollywood have ignored or shied away from.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-12-23 08:37:10  
It's a nice way to earn free publicity. Like a drink named "Cocaine" that they were selling in NYC. Cheap drink, contained nothing illegal, nor did it have anywhere near enough of what made energy drinks work properly (assload of guarana and whatnot), but people raged over the name. So it got in local papers, on the news and word spread about it.

Same idea with this. And things like "The Da Vinci Code". Based on fiction, but religious "ultranationalists" (inside joke!) will have a *** cow over it. There is no such thing as bad publicity, mate.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-12-23 09:53:44  
Lakshmi.Kyne said:
Has anyone seen the new pilot for Caprica? It's on hulu if you want to watch it.

How do people feel about the prolific use of religion in the main plot? Personally, I think it's a refreshing plot device that other facets of Hollywood have ignored or shied away from.
Its not really surprising to me as a Battlestar fan. Anyone who watched the new series is familiar with all of the religious beliefs that were talked about during the show. It was the main driving point of the Cylons as almost everything they talked about being "Gods will".

The first time I watched the miniseries pilot episode I didn't really care for it. But I've since gone back and watched it again and I think the show does have potential for at least 2 to 3 seasons. I'm looking forward to it.