users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Cooking » Cooking Skill 100.0
Cooking Skill 100.0
 Siren.Sinneloa
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Sinneloa
By Siren.Sinneloa 2008-10-10 11:42:20  
Im currently at 99.1 and have often wondered why so many posts and so many people ingame have told me I can bring up cooking skill by another 11.0 and have often wondered why Im just hearing about this 3 yrs after starting the game. Currently I have all cooking techniqies and the following item's:
Chefs Hat
Culinarian Apron
Cordon Bleu Set
and
Culinarian Signboard

I know the trainee knife is set to cooking under lvl 60 for latent affect to kick in. I know the hocho gives +3 Cooking Skill. I dont have a clue what the Cooking Belt does yet but have enough gp's to buy one. Ive also seen the Chefs Ring but dont know if I should get it or not. Synth Support and Adv.Synth Support are all well and good but whos going to be in Windurst or Al Zhabi to get it at all times. Any help would be well appreciated and this is my first post so HI!!!
 Garuda.Crayne
サーバ: Garuda
user: Crayne
By Garuda.Crayne 2008-10-10 12:07:19  
Belt enchantment = Adv. Support (+3)
Hat = +1
Apron = +1
Cordon Bleu Set = +1
Hocho = +3

Signboard just reduces lost items on breaks.

That said, the max you can get afaik in 100+9 in Cooking.

I'm sure LD will say something if I'm wrong, lol.
 Siren.Sinneloa
By Siren.Sinneloa 2008-10-10 13:22:06  
Thanks for the info and hoping Dragon Meat or Royal Jelly isnt that hard to get. I know. Its to hard so I may just be staring at 99.1 for quite a while. SE. Plesse make even 1 more recipe. Ill be happy. Getting cooking belt for sure now even if enhancement does run out.
 Siren.Murdock
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2008-10-10 14:13:31  
hey sinn ^^

almost there bro.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-10-10 16:03:32  
correct crayne. i am SO freaking disappointed in the rate the signboard procs. BIGGEST waste of GP ever. also cry @ trainee knife ; ; i got mine at 100 before we knew the latent effect but i still wear it from time to time just cause i can ^^.

@sinneloa i would STRONGLY recommend NOT going the dragon meat way. seriously 50K for 1 ingredient that you have to camp the AH like a hawk to get. no thanks. what I'd recommend for you is to totally and completely clear out your inventory (except gear and about 4 stacks of ingredients) go to crawler's nest and run the first circle killing all the bees. it took me about 9 hours of farming (TH2) to go from 97 (back when tacos still made sense) to 100. it's a long road but well worth it. also you SHOULD get the chef's ring if you plan on making carbonara or anything else that requires you to NOT HQ for the recipe (cheese & buffalo jerky for the carbonara)

the sign can give 1 point to cooking skill IF you don't have cordon bleu set. however if you have BOTH it gives moglification cooking which is basically +1 and less chance of losing items when you break. i currently have overwhelming wind energy and both the cordon bleu set and the sign. <3 desks and wicker boxes.
 Garuda.Crayne
user: Crayne
By Garuda.Crayne 2008-10-10 16:50:52  
Haha, yeah the ring isn't such a bad idea, I have another friend who was making Coerul Subs for skillups and profit, but kept HQ'ing the sautee, lol.

I also laugh at SE making the Trainee Knife availible w/o GP:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/The_Dawn_of_Delectability
 Siren.Sinneloa
By Siren.Sinneloa 2008-10-10 23:31:50  
Its not that I dont have everything I want yet but Im taking my time to enjoy the game to. I just want the whole Luisant armor set and around 700k is needed. A friend has let me borrow his 75 Thf but that wont work with royal jelly. Im glad its ex or else you know what would happen. Its just that I want waders for fishing now and want my fishing which is 56.1 to get better results than 2 crescent fish in 30 minutes. I have set my path and Im just almost were I want to be at in my first 3 years.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-10-11 01:17:55  
have your friend come with you, you can lot and cook while he kills.
 Fairy.Pwrless
サーバ: Fairy
user: Pwrless
By Fairy.Pwrless 2008-10-26 12:54:10  
For those in their 90's a good and relatively cheap recipie is Tonosama Riceballs take you to 94 (30 mins HP+15 Dex+3 VIT+3 CHR+3) for 99 recipie you can make Sweet Rice Cake (MP+17 VIT+2 INT+3 MND+1 EVA+5 MP/HP regen +2 while healing +Resist Silence) These are good for mage dealing with annoying IMPS in Caedarva Mire if you feel like using Your Own food. Much of goodies I make I have used, save me a ton of gil "I love to get High on my own supply"
Now at 99 I couldnt agree more with Littledarc on farming Royal Jelly in Crawlers Nest's Death Wasp bees. I took two accounts to THF 75 to help farm items needed for the 100 lvl recipie. By the way if you can afford the 20,000 a stack Fresh Mugworth for teh Sweet Tarutaru Rice cake i suggest go for it. 94.00 to 95.2 i did on 3 staqck of them.. so you might need about 10 stacks to get to 99, or you can go farm nine hours and get the cursed soup item a head start.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2008-10-27 03:51:14  
You can also get Royal Jelly by killing Awd Goggie (force pop NM crawler in CN).

The problem with this is that, to do it effciently, you need a group of people to kill each crawler in the heirarchy.

Guardian > Drone > Matron/Queen > Awd Goggie.

The problem with this is that they aren't 100% pop >< but they do drop 100% the next pop item, Royal Jelly is also 100% drop off Awd Goggie.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Awd_Goggie
 Ragnarok.Albender
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Albender
By Ragnarok.Albender 2008-10-27 06:15:34  
I am Cooking 100 and well, as somebody said, best you can do in going round in circles @ crawler's nest killing all the bees you see.
Drop rate is not that bad but you'll need some hours of work.
Almost there
/cheer
 Diabolos.Rasantath
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Rasantath
By Diabolos.Rasantath 2008-10-28 04:20:17  
you should be able to get 3 an hour or so with TH1 on those bees. as long as there is not more than 2-3 people farming them at once, drop rate never really seemed to be affected by how many you kill, but how long you kill them for. that is, when i did it i fairly consistently got the same number of drops per hour, regardless of competition (to a point).
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [60 days between previous and next post]
 Garuda.Fobby
user: Fobby
By Garuda.Fobby 2008-12-26 15:56:52  
what i did from 99-100 was camp AH for most of the time...

out of every 12 synths of red curry i would fail max once. sold all the curries on ah and broke even. i got a skill up every 3 synths or so...

when ah was out of meat, i took my blm to crawlers (w/ trump crown (i think it has hidden TH for mages)) grabbed one wasp, ran around in a circle to get the other 11, cast thundaga III >> blizzaga III >> thundaga II >> blizzaga II >> drain/melee the rest

i got 33% drop rate on jelly
 Ifrit.Jurai
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2008-12-26 22:34:04  
Ya can make a good bit of money farming in CN for the Royal Jelly and selling the Beehive Chips, Honey, and King Truffles and other random mushrooms (kill them while/if you have to wait for the bees to repop).. I paid for my Blau with it by the time I hit 100.. didn't start at 99 though but still ;) Adds up after a while.. I also NPCed the soups because they sold very slow and hardly much more profit and the other stuff took up the AH spaces.