フォーラム » FFXI » General » Syngery Released
Syngery Released
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-12-07 15:33:31  
Ok, this is confusing the *** out of me.

Can't be *** to read thru 5 pages of thread but ...

Got the synergy Crucible Key item, now what do I do ?
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-12-07 15:35:13  
Bahamut.Fyyvoaa said:

Synergizing via a Communal Furnace

1. Obtain the "synergy crucible" key item.

2. Prepare ingredients for the recipe.
Recipes corresponding to a character's synergy skill level can be learned by talking to a "Synergy Engineer" NPC.

3. Recruit party members.
Synergy is a joint activity that requires the cooperation of other players. The party leader should seek fellow synergists with the right skills needed for a particular recipe and invite them to join a party.

4. Check your synergy crucible's fewell supply.
Check your synergy crucible's current supply of elemental fewell by either examining the synergy furnace prior to depositing the ingredients, or by speaking with a synergy engineer. If required, synergy engineers can replenish your store in exchange for gil. Alternatively, it is also possible to directly replenish the crucible using either crystals or the new synthesizable item version of fewell (alchemy skill required).

Depositing such items directly into the furnace will affect only the fewell supply of the character whose synergy crucible is currently installed.

5. Claim usage of a synergy furnace.
To use a communal synergy furnace, you must first lay claim by examining it. At this point, you will be allocated a period of time to deposit the ingredients and commence the synergy process. When this has been done, your group will have exclusive access to the furnace until the synergy process is complete.
*Private synergy furnaces summoned using the aforementioned item can be used only by you and your party members.

6. Deposit the ingredients.
Only the claim-holding character may deposit ingredients into the furnace. Similarly, at the conclusion of synergy, the resultant product will be obtainable only by that character. While it is possible to attempt synergy at a level above your own capacity, keep in mind that the risk of failure will increase proportionally.

7. Operate the furnace.
Now comes the most invigorating and rewarding part of the process: the operation of the synergy furnace itself. Throughout the course of synergy, players must keep a close eye on the furnace's readings and skillfully manage the parameters listed below. Seamless teamwork and timely application of synergy techniques are the keys to success.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-07 15:38:14  
so think of this whole Synergy thing as a giant pot of stew. One person alone can't stir the pot, but 6 people can.

Just another way SE is forcing us to play together.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-07 15:39:07  
Kujata.Segaia said:
I just done some Synergy crafts... I tried to do Synergy with a Orange Juice recipe. After successfull completing it i got 2 orange juices out of the furnace instead of one! Seems like Synergy can be a nice thing. But be warned.. i just rebought some dark fewell because I was out of it... it cost me 18400 gil.... Synergy is not as cheap as you think
What if you trade crystals instead!?!
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-12-07 15:39:28  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
so think of this whole Synergy thing as a giant pot of stew. One person alone can't stir the pot, but 6 people can.

They're not forcing you to do Synergy.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-07 15:40:00  
Fairy.Tbest said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

They're not forcing you to do Synergy.

of course not
 Kujata.Segaia
サーバ: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-12-07 15:41:56  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

for most recipes you dont have to be in a pt, everyone just gets "pz"-points, so it's better to get as much ppl as possible
 Asura.Cyssero
サーバ: Asura
user: Miliani85
By Asura.Cyssero 2009-12-07 15:42:41  
Kujata.Segaia said:
I just done some Synergy crafts... I tried to do Synergy with a Orange Juice recipe. After successfull completing it i got 2 orange juices out of the furnace instead of one! Seems like Synergy can be a nice thing. But be warned.. i just rebought some dark fewell because I was out of it... it cost me 18400 gil.... Synergy is not as cheap as you think

Or you could simply research a bit first and find out you can actually make this fewell stuff for a fraction of the cost....education is key.
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-12-07 15:44:07  
so far my skill is at 2.

It is possible to get multiple skillups from one craft, since not the end-product but the procedure counts. Every step you do during the process can yeild you skillups.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-12-07 15:44:42  
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
Bahamut.Fyyvoaa said:

Synergizing via a Communal Furnace

1. Obtain the "synergy crucible" key item.

2. Prepare ingredients for the recipe.
Recipes corresponding to a character's synergy skill level can be learned by talking to a "Synergy Engineer" NPC.

3. Recruit party members.
Synergy is a joint activity that requires the cooperation of other players. The party leader should seek fellow synergists with the right skills needed for a particular recipe and invite them to join a party.

4. Check your synergy crucible's fewell supply.
Check your synergy crucible's current supply of elemental fewell by either examining the synergy furnace prior to depositing the ingredients, or by speaking with a synergy engineer. If required, synergy engineers can replenish your store in exchange for gil. Alternatively, it is also possible to directly replenish the crucible using either crystals or the new synthesizable item version of fewell (alchemy skill required).

Depositing such items directly into the furnace will affect only the fewell supply of the character whose synergy crucible is currently installed.

5. Claim usage of a synergy furnace.
To use a communal synergy furnace, you must first lay claim by examining it. At this point, you will be allocated a period of time to deposit the ingredients and commence the synergy process. When this has been done, your group will have exclusive access to the furnace until the synergy process is complete.
*Private synergy furnaces summoned using the aforementioned item can be used only by you and your party members.

6. Deposit the ingredients.
Only the claim-holding character may deposit ingredients into the furnace. Similarly, at the conclusion of synergy, the resultant product will be obtainable only by that character. While it is possible to attempt synergy at a level above your own capacity, keep in mind that the risk of failure will increase proportionally.

7. Operate the furnace.
Now comes the most invigorating and rewarding part of the process: the operation of the synergy furnace itself. Throughout the course of synergy, players must keep a close eye on the furnace's readings and skillfully manage the parameters listed below. Seamless teamwork and timely application of synergy techniques are the keys to success.

Ok so .... where can I find these "Synergy Engineers' I mean seriously this NPC was pretty much like "K heres your item now *** off I won't tell you anything else" they really put you in the dark in the means of telling you what to do.
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-12-07 15:47:26  
Asura.Cyssero said:
Kujata.Segaia said:

Or you could simply research a bit first and find out you can actually make this fewell stuff for a fraction of the cost....education is key.

Besides fewell is bound on the key item. it is not something you can get by crafting other things and so far only the NPCs offer recharges. But if you know more about it just spill it out, i would like to hear it aswell.
 Asura.Cyssero
By Asura.Cyssero 2009-12-07 15:49:57  
Look up the item (in your case dark fewell) in the hand dandy item search area in the top left corner. After that, click the ffxiclopedia link and you shall find your answer there.

Not really trying to sound pissy about it, but seriously it's not that hard to find this stuff out. I got that information within 10 seconds after reading your post.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-07 15:52:22  
Um isn't it just crystals like the notes said?
 Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-12-07 15:52:50  
Asura.Cyssero said:
Look up the item (in your case dark fewell) in the hand dandy item search area in the top left corner. After that, click the ffxiclopedia link and you shall find your answer there.

Not really trying to sound pissy about it, but seriously it's not that hard to find this stuff out. I got that information within 10 seconds after reading your post.

Yea i just looked it up. I didnt expect wiki would have the info. The only problem you will be facing is there just no on AH, temporarily forcing you to buy the fewell. That's just about it, that has nothing to do with education, just with supply and demand.
 Asura.Cyssero
By Asura.Cyssero 2009-12-07 16:01:27  
Well if you have the appropriate Alchemy level, you can make this stuff on your own. Sad thing is, expect the rocks to now go up in price due to this update. It would probably still be ultimately cheaper than the npc though, so it'll still save you some gil.

Kujata.Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-12-07 16:03:26  
lol brass tanks just went up here from 1,2k to 50k.

I'm off for tonight .. need to get some sleep before work. The craft itself is very fun and a bit challenging. A fresh wind in the boring branche of crafting. I love that you can get more out than you put in, tho i dunno if HQ is possible. Maybe im just getting too sleepy ~.~

Gn8t^^
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-12-07 16:03:51  
O.oa 50k for something that costs like 2k to make? Nice profit. XD

lol.... They're 20k on Fairy. XD
 Asura.Cyssero
By Asura.Cyssero 2009-12-07 16:07:06  
30k currently on Asura. Silly people, I went out and actually farmed the materials in less than 30 minutes killing worms outside of Bastok. Made my tank for a grand total of 1k (bought the Animal Glue).
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-12-07 16:10:37  
Asura.Cyssero said:
30k currently on Asura. Silly people, I went out and actually farmed the materials in less than 30 minutes killing worms outside of Bastok. Made my tank for a grand total of 1k (bought the Animal Glue).
lol, yeah. But, I NEED IT NOW!!!!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-07 16:15:37  
 Asura.Cyssero
By Asura.Cyssero 2009-12-07 16:19:01  
Look at that pic, I wonder if you could die from synergy use?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-07 16:19:53  
Also so far it seems you are more likely to get skill ups if you have the crafting skill yourself
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-12-07 16:27:34  
Way to go Dasva, gonna blow up all of Sandoria with your synergy. XD
サーバ: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-12-07 16:29:31  
Ramuh.Dasva said:

damn *** you got knocked the *** out
 Bahamut.Sephirothknight
By Bahamut.Sephirothknight 2009-12-07 16:34:31  
Lets just call it by its name: FAILLITH
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-07 16:37:03  
Actually was Saiht failling
 Siren.Eagleeyes
サーバ: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-12-07 16:37:13  
anyone noticed this?

[+]
 Alexander.Neph
サーバ: Alexander
user: Neph
By Alexander.Neph 2009-12-07 16:40:05  
Cause some equip text might get cramped with 3 augments?
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
サーバ: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2009-12-07 16:42:54  
Am I right to assume for a persom like myself
with no crafting skills lved that synergy is useless to me
or can i still skill up synergy?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8