Atheists Are Not Suicide Bombers.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Atheists are not Suicide Bombers.
Atheists are not Suicide Bombers.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14
 Seraph.Bulleta
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-05 13:52:09  
Seraph.Bulleta said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Seraph.Bulleta said:
The bible is full of hate, murdering, and slavery. Don't say it doesn't influence hate and violence. That is insane.

So does MTV, but I don't see you calling for the banning of that either.

I'm not a fan of commercial television.

I have also never heard of an MTV VJs plotting air attacks on buildings full of 1000s of people.

Just Religious groups.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-12-05 13:57:42  
Seraph.Bulleta said:
Seraph.Bulleta said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Seraph.Bulleta said:
The bible is full of hate, murdering, and slavery. Don't say it doesn't influence hate and violence. That is insane.

So does MTV, but I don't see you calling for the banning of that either.

I'm not a fan of commercial television.

I have also never heard of an MTV VJs plotting air attacks on buildings full of 1000s of people.

Just Religious groups.

I guess music videos promoting violence, and also reality TV shows where contestants say ***like "I'm gonna kill that ***" doesn't count in your little world of hypocrisy.
Quote:
Which is so arrogant... You think my life doesn't have meaning?

When did I say your life doesn't have meaning?

I don't give a flying *** if you are an Atheist.

Is the bold text subtle enough for you?
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-05 14:06:19  
Seraph.Bulleta said:
this.

I have religious people ask me all of the time "Why do you attack us for thinking our life has meaning?"

Which is so arrogant... You think my life doesn't have meaning?

You should read more carefully, actually read everything, or try not reading at all. You took what I said out of context, and only quoted half of what I said. Not very good :)

I said I am asked all of the time by christians. I never mentioned your name ~.^

Is that subtle enough for you ?
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-05 14:09:49  
I said time and time again: Religion causes hate, murder, and violence. It even preaches it in it's verses. Yet, you stand up for it, but have nothing to back it up. Not even a false rationalization. Here is the proof:
Seraph.Bulleta said:
Exodus 35:2 ~> God says we should kill everyone who works on the Sabbath day.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 ~> God says to kill disobedient teenagers.

Leviticus 20:13 ~> Gods says to kill Homosexuals.

Deuteronomy 22:13-21 ~> God say to kill girls who are not virgins at the time of marriage.

Ok, share with me how this is not about hate, murder, and violence. Please, I am begging you :)

Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-12-05 14:17:12  
Yes, you got offended because a few people asked you a simple question. Oh-boo-***-hoo. Write a shitty emo song about it. Write about how your so misunderstood, how no one "gets" you, how no one can possibly be on the same plane of intelligence as you because you're so superior. No one in the entire world, in the entire existence of humanity has EVER thought like you. You are truly one of a kind! You should write a book! You should have your own talk show. Screw a talk show, have a reality show where you can just continue spouting the same drivel you spout here.

The problem with extremists like you is that you give the rest of the people like you a horrible name. Yes, you are an extremist. You hate the people who aren't exactly. like. you.

Instead of simply co-existing with the rest of us, like the majority of us already co-exist with people like you despite our differences, you want to pacify people who are different than you.

People can't possibly dislike you for being an obnoxious, self serving, annoying little ***, can they? OH NO! NOT IN BULLETA'S WORLD! They only dislike you because you're the big bad A word! CALL THE PRESSES! WE HAVE ATHEISM DISCRIMINATION! PEOPLE DON'T LIKE BULLETA CAUSE SHE'S AN ATHEIST!

Grow up, little girl. Not everyone in the world is going to think like you do.

And why would I back up the Bible when I'm not even a Christian? Why don't you ask a CHRISTIAN that? Your argument fails out of the gate. Religion = hatred yet the only source you have is the Bible, a CHRISTIAN text, written by MAN. (You know, those dudes that can grow up to be scientists.) Christianity is not the only religion. How horribly misinformed you are if you think that is the case.
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-05 14:21:54  
What if everyone knew that this life was all we had?

Everyone would be trying to make this life the best that they possibly could. But we would work towards the preservation of life, to the better of mankind, and we'd work towards world peace

Am I saying life would be perfect? No.

Am I saying there would be absolute peace on Earth? Absolutely, not.

I'm not saying there would be such a thing as a perfect world, but I am saying that more people would actually "TRY" and work towards it.

Instead of trying to appeal to some non-existent invisible man in the sky, that will take you into a much better world when you die. We would be trying to better the world we live in, because that is all we have.

This is not hate speech.

It is a service to humanity. To expose reality. To expose religion for what it really is.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-12-05 14:26:19  
In every post you've posted concerning the subject of religion, you've implied the following:

1) Religious people are stupid.
2) Religious people are suicide bombers.
3) Religious people are murderers.
4) Religious people are hateful.
5) Religious people spread hate via the Bible.
6) Religious people are dilussional.

How is that not hateful again?

Disprove religion. Find me concrete evidence that every religion in existence is wrong. Go ahead. Try it. I expect your answer at the end of the day, since you're all knowing and what not.
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-05 14:31:15  
Tell me what religion you are part of, and I will find out everything you need to know ~.^

Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-12-05 14:36:38  
If you paid attention, you would already know.

And I said ALL religions. That spans everything from Christianity, to Judaism, to Islam, to Taoism, to Buddhism, to the spirit that a tribe might pray to to have a good harvest season. And every, single, solitary religion in between.

Disprove all of it, with scientific evidence, and then I might consider you somewhat of an intelligent being. Until then, you're just an obnoxious little girl, crying because someone asked you a few questions.
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-05 14:41:49  
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:

I'm sorry. My ADD kicks in when someone is talking about Invisible men, people living in fish, virgin births, stoning homosexuals, breaking a slice of bread to feed millions of starving people, and so on.

If you wouldn't mind telling me again, I would appreciate it :)
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-05 14:42:25  
I'm not reading every single comment like you do :P

Maybe that is why I missed it ~.^
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-12-05 14:46:09  
Seraph.Bulleta said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:

I'm sorry. My ADD kicks in when someone is talking about Invisible men, people living in fish, virgin births, stoning homosexuals, breaking a slice of bread to feed millions of starving people, and so on.

If you wouldn't mind telling me again, I would appreciate it :)

Again, you're quoting Christianity, which I am not Christian.

So your ADD obviously just doesn't extend to Christianity. it extends to anyone who has the possibility of proving you wrong.

How does it feel to be a spiteful *** like the people you are crusading against?
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-05 15:01:03  
Who has proved me wrong ? lol

No one.

And all of those stories were not just christianity. Most of the religions have basically the same stories, with slightly different details.

Like Jesus. A lot of the religions have their own messiah.

There were a few hundred people walking around, about the time that jesus walked the earth, that healed people, that walked on water, and so on.

Jesus wasn't the only one <.<

The only one who is afraid to answer questions, is you.

Speaking of that, when are you going to answer mine?

Or are you scared of what I will find out?

Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-12-05 15:39:50  
You haven't answered plenty of my questions. Even after I've repeated them, you haven't answered them.

So why don't you answer my questions I asked you a few days ago, far before you asked these questions. You're the big bad researcher, the self proclaimed scientist. Go ahead. Answer those questions, then prove to me every religion in the entire world (all 6 billion people mind you), and maybe, just MAYBE, I will entertain your childish notion. Until then, sit your happy *** down, and shut up. You haven't proven jack ***.

If you are the poster child for Atheists, I feel sorry for my Atheist friends and family. You are doing them a piss poor service.
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-05 15:42:33  
Oh yes, all of these questions you asked a few days ago. Right.

Don't you think it will help out if you asked them again ?

Have you considered that I didn't see them?
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-05 15:52:01  

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
You haven't proven jack ***.

Deuteronomy 22:13-21 ~> God say to kill girls who are not virgins at the time of marriage.
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:

I seen a poster a while back, concerning the 9/11 terrorist attacks. It was a picture of the Eagle shedding a tear, and underneath it it read: "Now will you let prayer back in our schools?"

Excuse me... What the ????

Don't the people who do this kind of crap have too much prayer in their school!?!?
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Kujata.Hrolandus said:

Now let’s look at some atheistic thought regimes throughout history. Hitler and his essentially atheistic view of things (sans a bit of odd occultism) killed conservatively 11 million people. M Pol Pot, a real charming lad, by his atheistic communist ideals whacked about 1-2.5 million Cambodians. .

~>

Hitler Was A Christian~

"Although Hitler did not practice religion in a churchly sense, he certainly believed in the Bible's God. Raised as Catholic he went to a monastery school and, interestingly, walked everyday past a stone arch which was carved the monastery's coat of arms which included a swastika. As a young boy, Hitler's most ardent goal was to become a priest."

Source~> http://nobeliefs.com/hitler.htm

Pol Pot Was A Buddhist~

Pol Pot’s Khmer Rouge were composed of Buddhists and Pol Pot himself was a communist and Theravada Buddhist. Pol Pot studied at a Buddhist monastery (1 year) and then later at a Catholic school (8 years). As for “Collège Preah Sihanouk” and “Lycée Sisowath” I don’t know if they were secular or Buddhist oriented education institutions. Cambodia’s communism was influenced by Theravada Buddhism (the belief system of 95% of the Khmer people) and its teaching to renunciation of the material world as Pol Pot with his followers organized perfectly by smashing cars and modern industrial equipment with hammers.
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:

Sure I haven't ~.^
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-12-05 16:57:44  
Seraph.Bulleta said:
What if everyone knew that this life was all we had?

Everyone would be trying to make this life the best that they possibly could. But we would work towards the preservation of life, to the better of mankind, and we'd work towards world peace

Am I saying life would be perfect? No.

Am I saying there would be absolute peace on Earth? Absolutely, not.

I'm not saying there would be such a thing as a perfect world, but I am saying that more people would actually "TRY" and work towards it.

Instead of trying to appeal to some non-existent invisible man in the sky, that will take you into a much better world when you die. We would be trying to better the world we live in, because that is all we have.

This is not hate speech.

It is a service to humanity. To expose reality. To expose religion for what it really is.

A service to humanity? You're kidding right? Scholars, theologians, philosophers, kings, scientists, just about anyone you can think of has contemplated the existence of God throughout the ages and now all of a sudden you're out to champion mankind's cause and save it from itself eh?

Please, stop posting, your ignorance is making my head hurt.
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-05 17:19:55  
Sure. I have contemplated the existence of god too.

The existence of Pink Unicorns, Santa Clause, and the tooth fairy have been contemplated through out history as well.

I can't prove there is no god.

But I can't prove there is no Pink Unicorn either :P

Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-05 17:24:58  
Carbuncle.Taintedone said:
making my head hurt.

Here is a solution: Stop reading the thread.
Thank you so much. I can't believe I didn't think of that sooner ><

You're welcome :)
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-12-05 17:25:00  
And by the way....just glancing at your profile, if you have every job @ 75 like it says you do as well as a 100 craft with almost all subcrafts lvled to 60.....

You might want to go outside every once in a while and experience a little bit of this "humanity" that you seek to save.

Just a thought.
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-05 17:29:42  
Thank you for concern :)

But I work two jobs, and I go to school full time.

If you play 3-4 hours a day, for 9 years, you will be surprised at what you can accomplish :)
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-05 17:31:10  
Just because it takes you 10 hours a day, to do what I can do in 3 hours...

Don't hate :P
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-05 17:32:27  
I don't understand people like you.

You are the type that criticizes people for not doing as good as you do.

But then you criticize me for doing WAY better than you ~.^

Just a thought hehe
 Fairy.Maruraba
サーバ: Fairy
user: Maruraba
By Fairy.Maruraba 2009-12-05 17:53:06  
Because I kinda love this kind of down and dirty shouting match, I'll jump in. :D

@Bulleta: I actually liked your OP, the idea that Atheism and that we don't have school-sanctioned prayer in the US was what caused 9/11 is ridiculous and anyone who takes such a statement seriously is an idiot.

But then this debate kind of rattled on, so here's the question: does religion inspire hate, stupidity, murder, and other bad things?
Sometimes, yeah.

From that, does that mean all religious people are hateful, stupid murderers? Of course not. Plenty of religious people are not.

Now, as an atheist, I don't care much for religion and I do think the world would be a better place without it and with a lot more people looking at the world in a logical, unbiased way (and that goes for plenty of nonreligious people too). I'm even fine with bashing religion itself. But having said that, plenty of people take their religion with a grain of salt and have come to terms with the discrepencies between their mythology and the morality of the real world and it's a disservice to treat them like they're bad people. I guess I'm saying "Hate the sin, but love the sinner." ;)

One atheist suicide bomber wouldn't make atheists immoral. One abortion-clinic bomber doesn't make all christians immoral. And even a thousand muslim suicide bombers wouldn't make the 1.2 - 1.5 billion muslims in the world immoral.

Not to go to bat for religion, but if you're a reasonable, intelligent person, then religion is irrelevant. Judging people for having a religion is just as bad as judging people for disagreeing with one's own religion.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-12-05 17:59:24  
Seraph.Bulleta said:
Thank you for concern :)

But I work two jobs, and I go to school full time.

If you play 3-4 hours a day, for 9 years, you will be surprised at what you can accomplish :)

9 years? Amazing considering FFXI came out in Japan in 2002? Tell me, how did it feel playing by yourself 2 years before the game ever came out?
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-12-05 18:01:58  
Seraph.Bulleta said:
I don't understand people like you.

You are the type that criticizes people for not doing as good as you do.

But then you criticize me for doing WAY better than you ~.^

Just a thought hehe

/shrug

Some of us have lives that don't consist of FF. If you're doing WAY better than me, as you say, in regards to you judge how well you are doing based off a video game, then you have bested me.

Touché

Ninja edit: Criticize people for not doing as good (should be "well" by the way, not "good" ><)as me? When they're arrogance and ignorance confounds me to no end while they try to convince everyone (including themselves it seems from their post-bombing) just how right they are?

Yup.
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-05 19:05:13  

9 years? Amazing considering FFXI came out in Japan in 2002?

You totally got me.
you have bested me.

I couldn't have said it better my self :) Thank you.
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-05 19:09:08  
Back to the subject. I still don't have an answer... How do these verses out of the bible not create hate, murder, and violence?

Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-12-05 20:38:24  
Seraph.Bulleta said:

9 years? Amazing considering FFXI came out in Japan in 2002?

You totally got me.
you have bested me.

I couldn't have said it better my self :) Thank you.

/sigh

I'm just going to say what everyone is thinking at this point.

You're a moron.

Please STFU and stop posting.
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-05 20:57:27  
Everyone else? You're the only one reading it :P

You still didn't answer my question though :/

First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14