users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Nin more then a tank
Nin more then a tank
 Ramuh.Zangada
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2009-11-30 17:18:10  
Nin has been a tank for as long as i can remember but do ppl use it for its other uses anymore? It can DD, use tools and range but i never see it used, is this just a dead part of nin they dont care about anymore?

I've tried to but everytime i mention nin for something besides tanking ppl think im crazy. I have everything capped but GK and thats at 175,ppl even think thats stupid of me to do. Nin can do so much more so why not?

Midgardsormr.Renala
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-30 17:26:28  
Ramuh.Zangada said:
Nin has been a tank for as long as i can remember but do ppl use it for its other uses anymore? It can DD, use tools and range but i never see it used, is this just a dead part of nin they dont care about anymore?

I've tried to but everytime i mention nin for something besides tanking ppl think im crazy. I have everything capped but GK and thats at 175,ppl even think thats stupid of me to do. Nin can do so much more so why not?

Because people like to stick to what works/whats normal. They don't like thinking outside the box. (This was the issue with taru tanks/melee DD, or elvaan/galka mages back in the day. THANKFULLY, thats changed over the years..) Sadly, theres little you can do to change it. Occasionally, you can find a LS or party(More rare) that lets you DD with nin. I knew one that was in my one dyna shell, he did pretty good damage too~
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-30 17:28:55  
non 2handed melee is pretty much dead in XI, with the exception being a well geared mnk
[+]
 Hades.Rictor
サーバ: Hades
user: Spoon
By Hades.Rictor 2009-11-30 17:30:21  
Yeah, I share this sentiment, as I keep ninjutsu and throwing capped at all times. While their use is better at high levels, where a nin can get more +skill gear for each of those, they are still bomb-tastic at lower levels, especially since throwing's prime range is in the melee. As a pld (in addition to nin) I try to offer nins the opportunity to dd and debuff in pts, although sadly I still get a lot of responses along the lines of "don't need 2 tanks in pt"