フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Einherjar » einherjar help
einherjar help
 Diabolos.Ghlin
サーバ: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-11-30 16:37:04  
Hello.

I co-lead an Einherjar run every Monday. We've done it twice now. Each time we do very well on killing all of the monsters except the boss. First time we had a little over 10 minutes for the boss, but we timed out before it died. Second time, we had 15 minutes left, but the Morbol boss killed us.

I've been looking at the wiki for tips on killing the bosses, but there's nothing really definitive. We run with about 25 players, and I'm curious if that's enough to tackle Tier 1 bosses. We have 4 bards, and we haven't been doing a full 8 songs for SV, so we'll do that tonight for sure. But will that be the kicker? Is Zerging it the best way? Should everyone be /nin? Is PLD tanking ever a good idea?

Also, I proposed an idea to the main leader of having a magical DPS party that looks like COR/WHM BLM/RDMx3 RDM/BLM SCH/RDM. This party would use ES Sleepga 2 to land sleep on dark-resistant monsters. Also, SCH would have Graviga to help. Magical DPS, though, is it good or bad against bosses? Would it be good to have this party, or would it be mostly a waste of members?

Any information on my questions would be greatly appreciated. Any other suggestions would be useful as well. Boss-specific tips would also be good to have for tonight.

Thank you for your time,
~G
 Fairy.Fyrestorm
サーバ: Fairy
user: Fyrestorm
By Fairy.Fyrestorm 2009-11-30 16:40:21  
We just rotate brds between DD parties, and have everyone go batshit on the bosses with CS stunners. Seems to work for us.
[+]
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-11-30 17:39:33  
CS Stun. I see. Not sure why we aren't implementing that either. I'll try to get that for tonight. Thanks for the tip, sir.
 Carbuncle.Qeldroma
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Qeldroma
By Carbuncle.Qeldroma 2009-11-30 18:17:46  
My LS has 3 DD parties for main ally (3DD, RDM, WHM, BRD). For second Ally, we have 1-2 BLM parties and mule party. So we do have some magic damage on the boss. We only rotate 3 brds in the main ally (1-2 brds outside for sleeps but you're focusing on the boss) We usually have 1-2 RDM/DRK's for boss as well (one of which is usually a mule). be sure all DD's and BRD's and RDM/DRK's 2 hour for boss (RDM's stagger chainspell obviously).

All our DD's have been subbing NIN for sometime, but our consistency has fallen recently with a lot of changing membership so we all subbed SAM yesterday (Except ridill wars and mnks who subbed nin and sams went /war)to try it out. It worked really well for us. Monsters weren't alive long enough to do damage really. Raped a tier 3 and only had deaths on boss because we realized after the fact that we did not bring RDM/DRK's yesterday (Had BLM stun order on Cerberus instead.)and the bard order went askew due to a DC (But picked up one of the sleepers to fill in).

Hope that helps some.
[+]
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-11-30 18:22:15  
Very cool. Yeah, consensus on my LS is that BLMs aren't good for it, so we've been running w/ just 2 BLM. Thank you very much for your input. Maybe I can persuade them into trying a BLM party tonight. Ty again, Qeldroma.
 Caitsith.Iphone
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Imola
By Caitsith.Iphone 2009-11-30 18:56:07  
Few other tips remember Einherjar is a quick 30 min zerg. So don't have any DD's sub nin subbing war or sam increases your DPS so you want that.

If you have a full alliance of 18+ make sure you build majority of the pt's like a merit pt. 3-4 DD WHM or RDM and BRD depending on whatever jobs you get that comes.

Bards are key with SV if you don't have much time left just rotate 2, if you have plenty of time rotate 3.

CS stuns for bosses

Keep in mind Angon, Feint, Tomahawk help's greatly.

Poison pots, Inc wings if you have bank to give to your members also helps greatly.

BlU/NIN, or PLD/BLM makes awesome crowed controls so your BLAMS & BRDS can stay alive if your puller pulls several mobs at a time.

Have caller have /autotarget on for quick mob switches. hope these helps.
 Fenrir.Dascorp
サーバ: Fenrir
user: dascorp
By Fenrir.Dascorp 2009-11-30 19:24:51  
Penance helps too, make sure to haste your DD and yes DD can sub war sam or drg, none of our dd sub nin.
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-11-30 19:37:05  
Like others, we rotate brds between DD pts during the normal waves. Boss is ofcourse SVrotating brds.

We have a tank pt, a blm pt and the rest are DD pts. We sometimes have a rdm/drk for CS+stun but its not our major thing.

Its all about the zerg and crowd control and sometimes you just have bad luck and its not your fault :P

blms can still sleepga (not to mention stun! sometimes stun rotations like on that stupid orobon boss is necessary) most things, we always like having a full blm pt.

we have a cor but I believe he acts like a brd in a DD pt.

pld tanks are a durrr..on normal waves they just kinda act like they do in dynamis and just hold awake mobs. But there are some bosses where you need a tank tank, like the two golems where you gotta kill them like JoP. I believe I tend to see them as /war, /nin could work too though?
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-30 19:44:28  
Like everyone else has been saying, bard 2 hour rotations for boss and rdm/drk chainspell stun are the keys.
Our ein shell doesn't use a tank pt unless it's Odin though, we just have War's as main assist. On another note, /sam is usually better in ein, but for those occassions you get dahaks, the /sam get raped by body slam, while it only wipes 2-3 shadows on /nin.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-11-30 20:02:46  
Thanks guys for the tips, a lot. About to do our run. Got a couple RDMs as /drk. Going to talk about /nin now in LS. See what the leader thinks.

edit: only had 21 on our run tonight. ended up getting ghosts and bones. timed out on the last mob before the boss. but yeah. oh well.

only had 1 blm 1 rdm and 3 bards. a rdm that always shows up didn't make it. dark shot doesn't want to dispel ice spikes either. oh well. 920 ichor, i'm happy i guess.

we'll try again next week.

thanks again everyone for your input. ttyl.
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
サーバ: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2009-12-15 19:31:55  
Caitsith.Iphone said:
Few other tips remember Einherjar is a quick 30 min zerg. So don't have any DD's sub nin subbing war or sam increases your DPS so you want that.

If you have a full alliance of 18 make sure you build majority of the pt's like a merit pt. 3-4 DD WHM or RDM and BRD depending on whatever jobs you get that comes.

Bards are key with SV if you don't have much time left just rotate 2, if you have plenty of time rotate 3.

CS stuns for bosses

Keep in mind Angon, Feint, Tomahawk help's greatly.

Poison pots, Inc wings if you have bank to give to your members also helps greatly.

BlU/NIN, or PLD/BLM makes awesome crowed controls so your BLAMS & BRDS can stay alive if your puller pulls several mobs at a time.

Have caller have /autotarget on for quick mob switches. hope these helps.

I guess here, as always, ***is situational. We've done 16 Odin's... and we usually require all DD's to sub /NIN. Not saying other ways are wrong, just saying that various outputs can be very successful.

Our recent strat has changed a little..

We usually have 2 BLM parties, 2 tank parties and 2 DD parties. DD parties have been DD DD DD WHM COR BRD and we swap BRD's to keep 4 songs up at all times. COR gives attack and double attack, WHM is here for Esuna. SCH can replace WHM since they have similar AoE status cures.

Split the alliance in half, move 1 PLD/NIN to the left, 1 PLD/NIN to the right and have the alliance follow them. If ***starts to hit the fan, the sackholder in charge can call 1 assist. Make sure the LS knows who the #1 tank is so when 1-assist is called, people don't hesitate.

- DD's use food immediately AFTER entering the chamber.
- Party leads have to stay on top of their BRD swaps.
- If someone is consistent with not bringing food, arguing with sacks, or going AFK and not participating (come ON it's a 30 minute run here... 100% attention is a given) boot them from the linkshell. There isn't room for weak links in T3 fights, so get rid of them early if they're not 100% invested.

Also, you should have 3 Odin glass mules collecting feathers so you can do Odin's every 3 runs in theory. 2 mules could work too if you don't have 100% attendance.

Good luck!
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-12-15 20:28:58  
Listen to nits, he knows his ***. :D