New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Hey, FFXI and 360 question
Hey, FFXI and 360 question
 Hades.Ethereal
サーバ: Hades
Game: FFXI
By Hades.Ethereal 2009-11-27 20:46:59  
Sorry if i chose the wrong forum for this, but it looked best for this question unless i read wrong. Alright heres my q: My ffxi on 360 wont play, i know its not the disc, but i cant get it to work any more, i've tried blowing in the hdd port but nothing, been 2 months. any suggestions?
 Fairy.Specopsz
サーバ: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2009-11-27 20:59:59  
Cons suggestions
Heres a few.
Clean the disc, with soap and water.
Blow out the disc drive.
Wrap in towel, like some people did the RROD.
Get a new disc.
Take it in to Play'n'Trade, they can tell you exactley whats wrong if its your system

Troll suggestions
Take care of your ***.
 Hades.Ethereal
By Hades.Ethereal 2009-11-27 21:03:19  
well the fact that i've gotten 3 discs (and the same problem, cant get any of them to work) and none of them are scratched and my xbox 360 is in mint condition crosses out all but one of those suggestions.
 Fairy.Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2009-11-27 21:06:04  
Hades.Ethereal said:
well the fact that i've gotten 3 discs (and the same problem, cant get any of them to work) and none of them are scratched and my xbox 360 is in mint condition crosses out all but one of those suggestions.
Hmm, it might be the installment, I really hate to say it.
Do you dashboard log out? Or shut down the right way?
If you cut off the system, dashboard log, etc. It currupts files over time.
If it keeps happening, delete the whole FFXI game from your 360 and re-install it.

It wont delete your character or anything, just make sure you have all your information.
 Hades.Ethereal
By Hades.Ethereal 2009-11-27 21:12:35  
yeah, i dashed logged out the very first time cuz it froze. I re-installed it once already and let it shut down everytime properly. I don't like leaving my 360 on to update so i probably wont bother if i have to update it. Only played it 4-5 times max.
 Fairy.Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2009-11-27 21:15:26  
Hades.Ethereal said:
yeah, i dashed logged out the very first time cuz it froze. I re-installed it once already and let it shut down everytime properly. I don't like leaving my 360 on to update so i probably wont bother if i have to update it. Only played it 4-5 times max.
Oh wow, well what it sounds like now is your lens.
How old is your 360?
The VERY first, and seconds waves of 360s released were the only known ones to have the problems.
 Hades.Ethereal
By Hades.Ethereal 2009-11-27 21:18:39  
not even a year yet. I wouldnt doubt it though, Thanks for trying ima head out.
 Fairy.Ignignot
user: ignignot
By Fairy.Ignignot 2009-11-27 21:31:31  
specopsz is exactly right. i have a 20gb hdd so i can't fully install to the hdd. so it gets corrupt files if you don't log out the long way. sometimes it still locks up for 20+ min and sometimes never goes off of black screen when logging out. all u can do is try the clear cache thing which would be less reinstall time. or format the whole hdd. put all the crap u care about like save files onto a memory card and wipe that crap.

Microsoft can eat a ***, i have to reinstall this crap sometimes 3 times a week. takes about 7 hrs between reinstall and updates. then if u havent backed up ur macros, u have to make them all over again.

for future reference, when ur at the choose a character screen, hit cntrl+shift+alt+B on keyboard to "backup" the macros. then when ***hits the fan, u hit cntrl+shft+alt+R on keyboard for "Recover". Hope that helps and sry u got a system thats good for all games except FF11.
サーバ: Kujata
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-27 22:42:33  
Try my guide in the help thread, its stickied i think.

Play music via you HDD and try loading the disk, see if that works.
 Asura.Kenjiri
サーバ: Asura
user: Kenjiri
By Asura.Kenjiri 2009-11-27 22:59:03  
http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84550