Tips For New NIN's.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Tips for new NIN's.
Tips for new NIN's.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Abriel
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-05 16:48:43  
Cerberus.Oulanbator said:
Leviathan.Abriel said:
in the case of using ele. ninjutsu for hate, wouldn't you want to toss enmity in there? just trying to to figure out what would really be optimized for such a build.
That's a good question. 3enm or 5Mab or 2Int will get you more or less the same enmity in the end.
It might be worth it to replace dmg by enmity if you can sacrifice little dmg for a lot of enmity, but I'm not sure this can be done. However, using enm when you lack a dmg stat is probably a good idea.

The good thing when nuking is you can full time Yonin, since acc doesn't matter.

yeah, that's what I was pretty much thinking.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Malicious
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Malicious
By Lakshmi.Malicious 2010-05-05 17:00:27  
ok, reason I ask, is I can solo Apkallu with my back turned, and using only ninjutsu, and they never use tp on me once...
Also, I have (before the campaign updates) taken the war machine from campaign and solo'd it for a long period of time (until others jumped in swinging) and it never used tp on me, using only ninjutsu, I had it to about 40% before others joined in.....
is there another reason for them not using tp?
 Leviathan.Abriel
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-05 17:43:37  
nope, enemy tp useage is totally random 'till they're at 25% health, then they use it when they have enough.

edit: you may not have noticed apkallu using yawn because it's a gaze type move where you need to be facing them to be susceptible to it.
 Lakshmi.Malicious
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Malicious
By Lakshmi.Malicious 2010-05-05 18:53:41  
ok, thanks for the info, I appreciate the knowledge, the 25% explains alot

footnote added later
I actually paid attention to the 25% mark and sure enough, frigid shuffle. no katana used in the harming of that penguin.... :)
 Ramuh.Johanna
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Johanna 2010-05-06 21:51:21  
Garuda.Mabrook said:
Caitsith.Trefold said:
Ifrit.Kawasaki said:
Caitsith.Trefold said:
Why the Ninjutsu torque for Utsu: Ni?
higher ninjitsu skill- less chance of being interrupted.
He's got a spell interruption set though, why not just use Ritter Gorget for Ni if you're not going the full interruption.
Does it really require a ninjitsu set for a 1.5 second casting time!?

The number of copy images lost (and extra damage taken) is calculated by taking into account the potency of the attack as well as the caster's current ninjutsu skill level.

I have a Tiercel Necklace but without an Acubens Helm, my Ni recast is still at 33 secs. Since Ni is a 1.5 sec cast, instead of placing evasion, I opted to use Ninjutsu Skill to extend the amount of shadows I have in case I am fighting something that can do AOE tp moves.

I always gear for the worst case scenario. Some people tell me that I should only wear Haste +15% since I would cap my Ni with double March and a Haste. I usually end up holding mobs while people gather, and many times without a mage. So it is crucial that I maximize everything especially my Ichi/Ni sets. (I swap into my Ni set @50% cast on Ichi to lower those timers too.)

=================================

Interesting to see the Ninjutsu nuking posts. I find it hard to find space to gear for a true nuking set since I have no room in my satchel/inventory to swap into on the fly. Poison costs 5 MP, recast is nill even with full evasion gear, it induces enough hate to stay capped, and gives 0 TP to the mob.

Sounds like a good way to cap hate if MP is an issue though.
Inga or Oulanbator, let me know what your nukes hit consistently and on what mobs. Depending on the damage of the nukes, the damage per mob's tp gain ratio might be good enough to use.

=================================

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
for your eva set Alert Ring is pretty easy to get from T2 VNM.

Due to my eratic playtime these days, I have not been able to concentrate on that tier. I plan on obtaining the Alert Ring in the future since I need to build up sets for Orcus (Enmity Ring).

By the way congrats Inga on the OAT Katana. I've been lazy and still require the nails ><;