users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Where cap evasion
Where cap evasion
 Fairy.Darkei
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Darkei
By Fairy.Darkei 2009-11-18 16:00:01  
i'm 262 eva atm w/ merits, equip. and waiting for besigied no is the option (and my ls dynamis have oficial puller) so, where can level evasion, I have caped exp for die happy :P

thank you
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-18 16:02:22  
For thf I just went to nyzle went /blu went for max def/agi and let the thf ones hit me and cured myself till no more mp hide rest rinse repeat got to cap fast.

Word of warning though... capping evasion makes trying to lvl parry/shield much harder especially if they are at lower lvls
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-11-18 16:08:39  
i capped eva on my thf by farming elder goobbues in boy tree
[+]
 Ramuh.Lucried
user: Lucried
By Ramuh.Lucried 2009-11-18 16:55:32  
goblin anglers work in bibiki bay. load up on eva gear and tag one let it beat on you till your almost dead then hide. rest repeat.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-18 17:00:19  
But aht urghan areas let you have refresh for free! And nyzle is so convient to get too lol. Also thf qiqirn triple attack alot
[+]
 Bahamut.Pjohn
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-11-18 17:34:15  
THF/DNC in the tree.

I don't know what dynamis has to do with capped eva.

BLMs should be sleepgaing mobs and then killing any statues asap and PLD and ninja's should be Provoking flash w/e hate move on any mobs awake then on the sleeping ones.
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-11-18 17:58:50  
I got my last two or three evasion levels farming organs in sea, if I remember correctly. Up until then, FoV in sky and stuff like that kept bumping it up.
 Cerberus.Aydogan
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2009-11-18 18:06:06  
I capped it on Yagudo Sentinels in Meriphataud Mountains (S). Just go /NIN, pop on an earth staff, and keep shadows up as long as possible. When you are near death, simply Hide and run somewhere safe to rest. Then start again from the top. It was really easy this way.
 Asura.Eeek
サーバ: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-11-18 19:30:35  
A week after I dinged 75THF, I capped Evasion and Marksmanship in the Tree by bloodtanking EM and T Steelshells. I subbed NIN, equipped an Earth Staff, ate cheap defense food, and stacked AGI gear (which may or may have been the best idea). I used /NIN to put up shadows and heal myself with Bloody Bolts whenever my HP got too low for my comfort. Once you get to 270-272, try to pull only T crabs if you can manage it.

These days, /DNC would most likely work better than /NIN. If you can mitigate/heal back the damage you you take, blood-tanking the crabs in lieu of blink-tanking them will give you better results. You can get evasion skillups if the mob hits you or if it misses you, but you cannot get evasion skillups if the mob takes a shadow.

Also, I got something like 8 levels of Parrying skill while capping Evasion and Marksmanship, so that was a nice added bonus.
 Siren.Delirium
サーバ: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-11-18 19:35:26  
any mob you can hide from imo. i did mine on Colibri and Greater Colibri
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-18 19:37:10  
Oh yeah just remembered tried to do parrying on steelshell... so used merc kris and /dnc. Yeah 30 min later still fighting the same one got like only +.1 (damn you capped evasion) Had 300% tp forever and was half asleep. Probably need a more accurate/faster hitting mob.
 Fenrir.Empedocles
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Empedocles 2009-11-18 19:47:41  
I capped mine on MNK Yagudo at the beginning of past Castle Oztroja , you can Hide when you get in the crapper and can steal platinum Beastcoins :3 Although sometimes you can come across people farming Gnat NM pop items. (The one that drops some BLM gloves.. can't remember which)

Edit: NM is Bloodlapper, if the BLMs know what they are doing they shouldn't be killing the MNK yags. Guess the ones that killed mine were retards.
 Siren.Delirium
サーバ: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-11-18 19:51:55  
Fenrir.Empedocles said:
I capped mine on MNK Yagudo at the beginning of past Castle Oztroja , you can Hide when you get in the crapper and can steal platinum Beastcoins :3 Although sometimes you can come across people farming Gnat NM pop items. (The one that drops some BLM gloves.. can't remember which)
Vicious Mufflers
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-11-19 03:41:22  
I capped mine yesterday on goblins in Bibiki bay. I used the Blagger (thf) that pops a G-8 near the shore. He's the only one there, so little danger. I went THF/WHM (less downtime /healing). They miss a lot, but when you get under 250 pop hide and rest/repeat(they can crit for 150~ with Terra). It went up a lot faster here than anticipated. They will miss a lot if you have an evasion setup.
Before THAT I farmed/skilled on goobbues in B.Tree (with fellow healer). More dangerous, but you can make some gil. Skill went up, but was a bit slow.
I also tried Beseiged, but it was too slow and skill wasn't very common. Even Cyclone-ing a group of unclaimed mobs with fanatics it didn't seem to go up much. Went up a lot when I was being slapped around by the Troll boss, though. :D
I'd recommend gobs or anything else you can hide from. It's the most time efficent way in my opinion. I chose Bibiki cause I could get refresh from FoV from /whm.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-11-19 04:13:51  
Seraph.Josiahkf said:
How much have you tried evasion skillups in besieged, or are you simply unable to join? I was able to go from 210-capped 276 in one just by thf/whm->fanatics->diaga spam, die and zone back in. if you hit attack first should get near 5 lvls parrying by time it ends, sacrifices exp but could cap without having to wait for multiple besieges.

This is how I capped mine. Granted I went /war during Trolls so I could provoke Dartorgor the Austere, Mr. Badass MNK Boss. Reason for /war? Every PLD and their mother were trying to take hate from him -.-

Also, if memory serves, you don't lose EXP in Besieged, so you're good to die as much as you need to without worries.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-19 04:17:51  
I still like my nyzle isle. Always open always close. And from around 220 to the cap I got consistent 15-20 lvls an hour at least.
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2009-11-19 05:18:29  
Gilgamesh.Tousou said:
Seraph.Josiahkf said:
How much have you tried evasion skillups in besieged, or are you simply unable to join? I was able to go from 210-capped 276 in one just by thf/whm->fanatics->diaga spam, die and zone back in. if you hit attack first should get near 5 lvls parrying by time it ends, sacrifices exp but could cap without having to wait for multiple besieges.

This is how I capped mine. Granted I went /war during Trolls so I could provoke Dartorgor the Austere, Mr. Badass MNK Boss. Reason for /war? Every PLD and their mother were trying to take hate from him -.-

Also, if memory serves, you don't lose EXP in Besieged, so you're good to die as much as you need to without worries.

Also as i did, use giant drink, elixir, go aggro all the mobs use fanatic and get punched in the face, even with weapon out if ya want to skill parrying too, use megaelixir to gain time after fanatic wears, die, rr, wait for temporary supplies restock and restart. Easy and fast. Alternative: sackpull in salvage. sackpulling and getting defaced by a horde is the fast and easy method, bohyada tree is the slow one.

EDIT: In Besi no exp loss
 Sylph.Jetu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Jetu
By Sylph.Jetu 2009-11-19 05:22:56  
i capped my evasion in the shrine of ru'avitau, slapped on some evasion gear & an earth staff, ran in there, hit a doll, stood at the entrance keeping shadows up as much as i could letting it wail on me with staf fout attaking it for minor parry skill up chances & then just stepped out of the zone when i was at about 300 HP, rested up & repeated

took a RR earring with me just in case

was done in about an hour or so
By Comedies 2009-11-19 06:31:08  
Just run up to sky, and go grab like 2-4 Groundskeepers(Dolls to pop Despot) and let them beat on u. Then zone into the shrine at like 200hp. Skill ups are nice and easy. Just get a lot of -physdmg gear. Goes alot quicker if you can get a friend or a mule account to come up RDM or WHM to heal you after you zone back out. I got 230-269 Eva on NIN in about 2 hours.
 Bismarck.Barrd
サーバ: Bismarck
user: barrd
By Bismarck.Barrd 2009-11-19 07:32:25  
Fairy.Darkei said:
i'm 262 eva atm w/ merits, equip. and waiting for besigied no is the option (and my ls dynamis have oficial puller) so, where can level evasion, I have caped exp for die happy :P thank you

get a party at sky weapon very eazy to cap it there

or do a pvp vs a k club war
 Titan.Chster
サーバ: Titan
user: Chster
By Titan.Chster 2009-11-19 07:35:53  
Bismarck.Barrd said:
or do a pvp vs a k club war

You don't get skill ups from PVP lol

But this is how I did it, went to dragon's aery zone, and solo'ed the T-VT Spiders right by zone with full evasion gear. The evasion skill ups came really fast from evading and getting hit every so often. This was before ToAU was out so I didn't have very many options ^^;
 Fairy.Darkei
By Fairy.Darkei 2009-11-19 15:17:15  
Cerberus.Aydogan said:
I capped it on Yagudo Sentinels in Meriphataud Mountains (S). Just go /NIN, pop on an earth staff, and keep shadows up as long as possible. When you are near death, simply Hide and run somewhere safe to rest. Then start again from the top. It was really easy this way.

This work very good, 262-276 on 4h

/blu, earth staff, taco, and def equip, really very fast and safe

Thank you all ^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Lisamarie
サーバ: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Lisamarie 2009-12-09 06:03:42  
Seraph.Josiahkf said:

Thank you!!!!!!
Thanks to this post I was able to cap evasion in just 2 besiegeds.Unfortunatelly one was Undead Swarm, so magic killed me all the time. The second was Mamool Ja Savages, and I found a place near the fountain where there was a bunch of unclaimed trolls hitting a general. Fanatics, diaga spam, die, HP, repeat.

Was able to go 230-276 in a heartbeat. I spent the same ammount of time on crabs/gobbue in The Boyahda Tree and just raised 2 skills.
 Fairy.Darkei
By Fairy.Darkei 2009-12-12 14:54:56  
Fairy.Darkei said:
Cerberus.Aydogan said:

This work very good, 262-276 on 4h

/blu, earth staff, taco, and def equip, really very fast and safe

Thank you all ^^

this work more best to besiged
 Ragnarok.Alo
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Alo 2009-12-28 13:55:32  
I just logged to say, BeSkilled FTW!!
went from 220 to 256 capped at level 71 THF in one Besieged!
It was Glorious! I'm glad I read this topic, so thank you!