users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Clothcraft » Crafting CC
Crafting CC
 Sylph.Izey
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Izey
By Sylph.Izey 2009-11-18 13:56:29  
So I've been on Clothcraft 59 forever and was wondering whats the best way to move up without burning chunks of gil... I have THF so crafting farming isnt a problem. I wan't to mainly geto to spider webs from there I should be good to continue on my own no problem. Any suggestions?
 Asura.Severna
サーバ: Asura
user: Magellan
By Asura.Severna 2009-11-18 14:08:20  
I got by making Hunter's Cotton with collecting Cotton Threads and either making my own Carapace Powder with two Beetle shells and a wind crystal (Bonecraft Lv.22-ish), or just straight buy some off the AH. Together should be:

Clothcraft Lv.63
[Earth Crystal]
Cotton Thread x3
Carapace Powder x1
Distilled Water x1

Fairly cheap way to get a few levels in. From there I tried making Silk Headbands whenever I had some Silk threads lying around. Then bought some carbon fiber stacks, should take you to Lv.69. In-between that, try two Black Chocobo Feathers to make Fletchings (Lv.72).

Hope this helps.

Bunch of Edits in there to fix some grammatical errors. Been up for a while. -.-
 Valefor.Mithano
サーバ: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2009-11-18 14:09:05  
You should be doing green ribbon to 62. Either desynth the ribbon back to thread or npc the ribbon, depending on your desynth capabilities.

After you hit 62, next is silk headband to 69, then Black Chocobo Fletchings to 72, then you can do the spider webs to 78.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Hollywoodz
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Hollywoodz 2009-11-18 14:41:36  
If you can find Gnat Wings on the AH, fairly rare on my server, that would be another viable option to add some variety by making Gnat Fletchings [62].. but I'd say Hunter's Cotton > Green Ribbon / Gnat Fletchings

Toughest part about the Hunter's Cotton is the Carapace powder.. It is a relatively low Bonecraft synth, so shouldn't be hard to purchase/farm beetle shells and shout for a crafter ..

I'll warn you now, It only gets worse!! >8D
 Pandemonium.Areis
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2009-11-19 07:15:01  
Hunter's Cotton was definitely a HUGE savings when it was first introduced, even buying materials and just selling to NPC's. (This is a long post but covers most of what i would at a glance call reasonable cost synths with potentially farmable materials)

Gnat Fletching (62)
Wind
Gnat Wing x2

Green Ribbon (62)
Wind
Silk Cloth

Hunter's Cotton (63)
Earth
Carapace Powder
Cotton Thread x3
Distilled Water

Apkallu Fletchings (67)
Wind
Apkallu Feather x2

Silk Headband (69)
Earth
Carbon Fiber
Silk Cloth

Black Chocobo Fletchings (72)
Wind
Black Chocobo Feather x2

Rainbow Thread (78)
Lightning
Spider Web x2

Rainbow Cloth (80)
Earth
Rainbow Thread x3

Puk Fletchings (82)
Wind
Puk Wing x2

Cilice (85)
Earth
Wool Thread
Dhalmel Hair x2

Giant Bird Fletchings (93)
Wind
Giant Bird Plume x2

Dance Shoes (98) - requires 50+ leather to make Moccasins
Earth
Moccasins
Rainbow Cloth
Rainbow Thread

Your options for 93~100 are really limited, but depending on what your willing to farm most of this is all "free" The problem your going to run into is the sheer amount of material you'll need in the 90+ ranges. What used to go 12~24 synths per level will become more like 36~60 synths per level (worse on a "bad day"). for 100+ I'd say your best bet would be Blessed Briault, but your going to start paying, just hoping for that chance HQ that pays for everything you've done up to that point.