users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ninja body piece 40-60ish levels
Ninja body piece 40-60ish levels
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2009-11-18 13:07:17  
currently level 52 ninja. You can see my gear on my profile, only thing I want to get is headlong belt, but waiting for price to come down just a tad bit more.

right now I'm wearing Luisant, but am realizing the -12 evasion makes keeping shadows up. Should I go back to Jujitsu Gi?

Also in the late 50's do I do the Ninja Chainmail, or Scorp Harness +1?

Thanks
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-18 13:08:58  
I think I stayed with Jujitsu Gi until Scorpion Harness. Then I stayed SH until around 70s? when you get the final Duel Wield upgrade and swiched back to AF body. Get a haubergeon for WS also. Been a long time since I leveled NIN though, hard to remember exactly=/
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-11-18 13:11:26  
Personally, I used Jujitsu Gi >> Lv.50 JSE (Nokizaru Gi) >> SH >> Haub. Only used AF in Campaign at 65+ while I had the acc.

I asked a similar question a while back
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2009-11-18 13:18:18  
hmm I saw the hauby and will probably get one since I'm focusing on DD jobs, but how does the -evasion from the hauby come into play when you are tanking in a party. Does shadow management come into play, or do you just macro in hauby for WS?
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-18 13:21:52  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Get a haubergeon for WS also.
Don't tank in it.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-11-18 13:24:39  
At 59, most of your parties will be tearing through mobs, if they're any good anyway, so the -Eva doesn't make that much difference.

I found I held hate much better with Hauby and other bits of DD gear instead of Eva+ stuff.

Overall, I'm glad I chose to put my Hauby in as a TP piece over SH, but keep SH with you for those "Oh ***" moments or those PT's where things just dont die! =) In those situations, I just put on full Eva+ and hoped to god I lived XD With Yonin though, it shouldn't be too bad, I find I get missed a lot in Eva gear with Yonin.
[+]
 Hades.Hiryo
サーバ: Hades
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-11-18 13:25:15  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Don't tank in it.

I've seen people say the opposite of this in a very similar thread under the Ninja forums, so which is it lol?
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2009-11-18 13:36:10  
I think a hauby full time is not so bad: you have evasion skill capped from 75 THF, I'm assuming, Yonin will be active, and you can use the evasion skill earring. Plus, if the mob is blind, you should be fine. I would try it before saying "You can't do that (on Television)."
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-11-18 13:41:12  
If haste and/or march and slow or elegy on mob fulltime hauby, but since nin shouldnt tank without atleast haste...well fulltime hauby. yup.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-18 13:58:04  
Hades.Hiryo said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Don't tank in it.

I've seen people say the opposite of this in a very similar thread under the Ninja forums, so which is it lol?
Ok, here's the deal. Each party is different. If you are lucky enough to have PLs, BRD and RDM and the only conceivable way you'll be holding hate is through whatever damage you can output then go ahead and use Haubergeon during the party.

If you are expected to be main tank and hold the mobs attention during the entire fight (no DRG, polearm sam, rng, etc) with a THF TAing onto you then use Scorpion Harness.

Edit: This advice comes from leveling before Yonin, not sure how this changes exp on nin during these levels!
[+]
 Hades.Hiryo
サーバ: Hades
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-11-18 14:06:02  
I see.
 Sylph.Otsego
By Sylph.Otsego 2009-11-18 14:11:11  
As it has been explained to me, and I have 62 NIN on one of my chars, AF Body Full Time, Haubergeon swap to WS. As a few have said already, parties at that range should be tearing through mobs, and assuming you have a BRD, or 2 if you are lucky, you could get away with not using AF body period, and just full time Haubergeon. If you find yourself fighting to keep shadows up, switch out your body from AF/Haubergeon to a Scorpion Harness. It's all purely situational. Test it out, see which works best for you, and run with it. NEVER full time SH, makes you look like a gimp ***.
[+]
 Alexander.Elkhorn
サーバ: Alexander
user: Elkhorn
By Alexander.Elkhorn 2009-11-23 02:33:59  
but
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Don't tank in it.
but...but..but.. that takes the fun out of tanking as a ninja... you make me a sad sad NIN I used hauby from the day i could wear it till 75 =P its a blast and people look at you like youre *** nuts too
 Garuda.Feifongwong
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-11-23 03:04:25  
Alexander.Elkhorn said:
but
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Don't tank in it.
but...but..but.. that takes the fun out of tanking as a ninja... you make me a sad sad NIN I used hauby from the day i could wear it till 75 =P its a blast and people look at you like youre *** nuts too

tell those ppl to stfu, hauby is the best nin piece...

if acc is capped during this 40-60ish level, then af body, otherwise use hauby.. if anyone tells you different then tell them to stfu, its hard to tank when you can't hit the damn monster!
 Cerberus.Mindi
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2009-11-23 03:19:10  
when i leveled Nin (before Yonin and stuff) i had SH and Hauby. Depending on your current level == Mob level i either
---used SH to tank and WS in Hauby and when lovely SAM's draw hate i used Enmity+DDgear to TP until i had hate back.
---i used DD gear full time (this means Hauby fulltime)

I had a Macro for Enimty-DDgear. Cant remember what stuff i had in there in what level but was mainly Marmaid Ring, Eris' Earring, Arhat's Hakama +1 and normal DD Stuff like Amemet Mantle +1, Red hAnds, Hasteshoes, Swift, Haubergeon. I allways equiped this when i lost hate.
Some might say "ehh useless to equip enmity gear" but well... it worked very fine for me and not that you have many strong alternitvs in that Slots. Was holding hate quite good and allways went with Good PT's (I build them myself, i will never start xp without RDM or BRD/COR for example^^)

When the PT was stronger against Mobs i just fulltimed normal DD gear like Hauby. Who cares if they hit your shadows if the mob dont live long enough to make it dangerous for you :)

i think i had SH in my Ichi macro, might think about this when fulltime Hauby.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [46 days between previous and next post]
 Diabolos.Buttercakes
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Buttercakes 2010-01-07 16:39:20  
I leveled with SH till 59 then I used haub. The extra dmg from the haub is worth the -20 evasion. The mob needs to be at least slowed and you need to be hasted. You are going to push your timers either way. Basically Haub if you can handle it, SH if you can't.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-01-07 16:52:15  
Garuda.Feifongwong said:
Alexander.Elkhorn said:
but
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Don't tank in it.

tell those ppl to stfu, hauby is the best nin piece...

if acc is capped during this 40-60ish level, then af body, otherwise use hauby.. if anyone tells you different then tell them to stfu, its hard to tank when you can't hit the damn monster!
Since this was already necrod...

Scorpion Harness if you need more accuracy. But again, WS in Haubergeon.
 Remora.Ampelius
サーバ: Remora
user: Ampelius
By Remora.Ampelius 2010-01-07 17:18:36  
I wore hauby most of the time. and scorpion harness other times.
 Valefor.Dreamriver
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Dreamriver 2010-01-07 17:19:12  
Use Scorpion harness with any entry level camp around 54-58 and 61-65. It's what I did without problems. Level 70 was ok in Hauby for Imps. Thats provided your not using the method that killed first half of the game, level syncing.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
サーバ: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2010-01-07 17:22:50  
I plan on using what my broke *** can get. Wether it'd be SH or Hauby. You can get by with either. Let the healer ***. XD
 Alexander.Zayo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2010-01-07 17:46:01  
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Personally, I used Jujitsu Gi >> Lv.50 JSE (Nokizaru Gi) >> SH >> Haub. Only used AF in Campaign at 65 while I had the acc.]

^ That