フォーラム » FFXI » General » Rumors
Rumors
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-18 12:20:51  
Pandemonium.Liquidz said:
Siren.Velvetlove said:
I heard it from some people in a party. They said they found the info on some JP site.

For a minute I thought he meant in a real party... between 2 drinks someone told him about possible new expansions... lol /stagger
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
just send out one free, final add-on appropriately named "The Death of FFXI", where you do missions that show the cataclysmic end of the game. FF14 can be FFXI's alternate ego.

All right! When you complete the final add-on it will say that your soul been teleported to the new world of FF14 and it's now in your hands to decide your faith. Then it will gently delete your character and fireworks and moogles will pop on your screen with a picture of Sage Sundi doing a thumb up and thanking you for all the time you wasted in FFXI!

I want.

lol
 Garuda.Feifongwong
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-11-18 13:00:42  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Siren.Velvetlove said:
I heard it from some people in a party. They said they found the info on some JP site.

For a minute I thought he meant in a real party... between 2 drinks someone told him about possible new expansions... lol /stagger
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
just send out one free, final add-on appropriately named "The Death of FFXI", where you do missions that show the cataclysmic end of the game. FF14 can be FFXI's alternate ego.

All right! When you complete the final add-on it will say that your soul been teleported to the new world of FF14 and it's now in your hands to decide your faith. Then it will gently delete your character and fireworks and moogles will pop on your screen with a picture of Sage Sundi doing a thumb up and thanking you for all the time you wasted in FFXI!

I want.

lol

lmao I'd be satisfied if FFXI ends exactly like that!
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-18 13:08:05  
Siren.Velvetlove said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
All right! When you complete the final add-on it will say that your soul been teleported to the new world of FF14 and it's now in your hands to decide your faith. Then it will gently delete your character and fireworks and moogles will pop on your screen with a picture of Sage Sundi doing a thumb up and thanking you for all the time you wasted in FFXI! I want.
I lol'd. <3

I'd like a tearful goodbye from my character. And a nice, warm hug... and then she'll whisper, "I'll always be with you... in here" and vanish as she places her Gallant Gauntleted finger on my chest.

*Bursts out laughing* ok ok, I'm done. XD
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-18 14:26:18  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
I lol'd. <3

I'd like a tearful goodbye from my character. And a nice, warm hug... and then she'll whisper, "I'll always be with you... in here" and vanish as she places her Gallant Gauntleted finger on my chest.

*Bursts out laughing* ok ok, I'm done. XD
Off stage, Anye, your time has passed! lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-18 14:41:22  
Some people on my server know me as "Fruitcake" :S
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-18 14:55:29  
Ragnarok.Anye said:

Seems fitting...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-18 15:06:42  
Well... yeah.... ^^;
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-18 15:07:01  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
k, fruitcake
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-18 15:23:17  
I SAID SOME PEOPLE!!!

AND ON MY SERVER!!!

T_T

Dammit, now I'm like... a fruitcake mod... wtf... There goes my spotless image... /sigh...
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-18 15:23:54  
Oops. I think I derailed this long enough. >_>
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-18 15:26:46  
Asura.Korpg said:
k, fruitcake
 Bahamut.Paulus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-11-18 15:47:25  
Tsahya was referenced in the FL ToAU quest. Honestly my 40GB HDD couldn't handle another expansion. I'd also like to see the story of where Tenzen is from. I could care less for the northern beastmen lands.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-19 10:47:58  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
I SAID SOME PEOPLE!!!

AND ON MY SERVER!!!

T_T

Dammit, now I'm like... a fruitcake mod... wtf... There goes my spotless image... /sigh...

YOU ARE HEREBY TO BE CALLED...

FRUITCAKE!
 Bismarck.Narayan
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Filiros
By Bismarck.Narayan 2009-11-19 10:49:38  
i've heard of one, not two tho.
 Seraph.Ezekyuhl
サーバ: Seraph
user: Ezekyuhl
By Seraph.Ezekyuhl 2009-11-19 12:47:59  
Bismarck.Altar said:
I know the far eastern and northern gigas homelands are referenced a fair amount, but where are the far western and great southern continents coming from?

In the Windurst WotG quests,
Lehko tells you his clothing is from
the north(and says the name of the place)
Then he goes on to mention the West, and the
southern Mithran homeland- all of which are named
but I can't think of them now- been awhile.

And as we know, Tenzen and Gessho are both from
the Far East, passed Aht Urghan.
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
サーバ: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2009-11-19 12:53:19  
What they need to do is drop PS2 support, or at least admit that the game can run on multiple consoles with a different GUI.

Then take the windows version and release updated texture pack as an option expansion (I'd pay $50 for a graphics/gui overhaul).

It's highly unlikely, but Ultima did it, so it's *possible*. But unlikely with 14 coming out.

FFXI has also *never* had a major server reconsolidation. This is fact. So until that happens, we have a good chance of more content/expansions/downloads. Even after that, as the game would be revitalized with the remaining 15 or so servers having 4k+ people on at prime time versus 1k - 2k now.

I'd say more content is likely. I wouldn't be surprised to see one more massive expansion like ToAU or CoP.

Of course, I also wouldn't be surprised if we never do.
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2009-11-19 13:13:02  
Remora.Redchaos said:
lol rumors based on a xp pt figures
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-19 14:13:07  
Seraph.Ezekyuhl said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
I know the far eastern and northern gigas homelands are referenced a fair amount, but where are the far western and great southern continents coming from?
In the Windurst WotG quests, Lehko tells you his clothing is from the north(and says the name of the place) Then he goes on to mention the West, and the southern Mithran homeland- all of which are named but I can't think of them now- been awhile. And as we know, Tenzen and Gessho are both from the Far East, passed Aht Urghan.
Ah, I havent done the windy line of quests yet

Lakshmi.Jaguarx said:
Remora.Redchaos said:
lol rumors based on a xp pt figures
I enjoyed the vague JP reference more.
 Bahamut.Sendrethol
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Sendrethol 2009-11-19 14:24:29  
Ya know I've always thought the far east was just a SE way of saying "the west," if you go far enough east you'll hit west.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-19 14:57:28  
Blasphemy! If you make it past the far eastern sea serpents you'll fall off the edge of the world!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-19 15:11:03  
Bismarck.Altar said:
Blasphemy! If you make it past the far eastern sea serpents you'll fall off the edge of the world!

and you'll land *** first in a bed of Lady Altana's *** collection she keeps down there.