By Fenrir.Scragg 2009-11-11 11:10:05  
I'll stop posting and get back to work. :(
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-11 11:13:22  
Scragg, yellow bar, nao~

Anyway, its nice to have a source of information about the world from a forum anyway. At least we can discuss about things thats happening in our world and become enlightened and educated the more we discuss, so don't let this thread die so quickly >.>
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-11-11 11:24:13  
Hmmm better hope they don't implement something like this into American society, there will be nobody left.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-11 11:25:12  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Hmmm better hope they don't implement something like this into American society, there will be nobody left.

we are not all fat >.>
 Seraph.Pikachu
サーバ: Seraph
user: chuuuuu
By Seraph.Pikachu 2009-11-11 11:26:08  
Asura.Korpg said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:

we are not all fat >.>

most are
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-11 11:29:47  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
I wish they would implement something like this. It would be better if nothing else to tax the people that are a drain on our society to begin with. And, I'm in the clear being 5'8" and 135 lbs with a 30" waist.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-11 11:30:15  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:

Well then maybe they'd be more motivated to change it then
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-11-11 11:33:55  
Fairy.Tbest said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
I wish they would implement something like this. It would be better if nothing else to tax the people that are a drain on our society to begin with. And, I'm in the clear being 5'8" and 135 lbs with a 30" waist.

Think you need to eat more if anything! I'm a girl and I am exactly that tall, and weigh that much.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-11 11:35:03  
Fairy.Tbest said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:

Wait, overweight people don't contribute to society?

Did I miss a memo?
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-11 11:35:14  
Seraph.Pikachu said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
we are not all fat >.>
most are

I don't see how 35% of Americans = most.
Fairy.Tbest said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:

Except 2 problems.

Fat people are just as productive as thin people.

Fat people are just as unproductive as thin people.

You start taxing fat people for being fat, thats discrimination, which leads to fat people being put into the "protected class" which leads to more AA *** that this country doesn't need.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-11 11:39:28  
It's pretty common knowledge that obese people require additional services and "special care" that healthy people do not. It's also true that being overweight can and often does lead to other health problems down the road, which other citizens often get to foot the bill for.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-11 11:40:36  
It's not that they are necessarily less productive though really be honest on average which one will do more? And further more there are like hundreds of obesity related illnesses which put a strain on or medicare and cause untold number of lost work hours
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-11 11:44:39  
Fairy.Tbest said:
It's pretty common knowledge that obese people require additional services and "special care" that healthy people do not. It's also true that being overweight can and often does lead to other health problems down the road, which other citizens often get to foot the bill for.

O.o;

I guess then I must be an exception to the rule. I'm obese, I've got low blood pressure, perfectly normal sugar levels, and get along perfectly as well as all my other peers o.o;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-11 11:47:18  
Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra said:
Fairy.Tbest said:
O.o; I guess then I must be an exception to the rule. I'm obese, I've got low blood pressure, perfectly normal sugar levels, and get along perfectly as well as all my other peers o.o;

Good for you. Theres always exceptions and sometimes problems take awhile to get there. Also there are other things. It is just plain harder on your body. More prone to certain injuries foot joint back neck problems. Even some neurological stuff. Can you honestly say you can keep up with the average skinny person? And are you actually obese or just overweight?
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-11 11:47:32  
Being large and being 'obese' are two different things. I'm talking about the people that are 5'6" and weigh 250+ lbs.

I never said that they were unproductive. I simply stated that they were a drain because of all the money spent on them that isn't needed to be spent on people that are generally healthy.

Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-11-11 11:52:49  
Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra said:
Fairy.Tbest said:
O.o; I guess then I must be an exception to the rule. I'm obese, I've got low blood pressure, perfectly normal sugar levels, and get along perfectly as well as all my other peers o.o;

Or maybe your one of these people who continues to convince themselves they are normal as they eat themselves into an irreversable state. I don't understand how people can think its normal when they look down and can't see there reproductive organs. Obesity is a huge drain on the NHS here in the UK and I expect its even worse across the pond, it's even a goddam excuse not to work now.

No offense or anything btw lol, just using what you said as an example, not saying this is you.
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-11-11 11:55:25  
On the other hand some people can't help being overweight, a friend has a thyroid gland issue that forces her to gain weight, I'm not sure how it works exactly though.
But I agree that obesity is a huge problem that can be remedied. Some health companies in the US are paying people to work out as part of the health plan, I think it was $600 to join a class that gets you active or somthing like that? I could be wrong.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-11 12:02:16  
Lakshmi.Aaroca said:
On the other hand some people can't help being overweight, a friend has a thyroid gland issue that forces her to gain weight, I'm not sure how it works exactly though. But I agree that obesity is a huge problem that can be remedied. Some health companies in the US are paying people to work out as part of the health plan, I think it was $600 to join a class that gets you active or somthing like that? I could be wrong.

Overweight is not necessarily obese. And sure it might be harder but they can still remain a healthy weight.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-11 12:03:24  
Lakshmi.Aaroca said:
On the other hand some people can't help being overweight, a friend has a thyroid gland issue that forces her to gain weight, I'm not sure how it works exactly though.

That's the most common excuse for someone being fat. For people that really have aproblem, okay yeah whatever. But my favorite is "dont make fun of my weight, I have a thyroid problem." "where is your thyroid then?" "hurrrrrrrrrrrr?"
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-11-11 12:07:14  
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Lakshmi.Aaroca said:
That's the most common excuse for someone being fat. For people that really have aproblem, okay yeah whatever. But my favorite is "dont make fun of my weight, I have a thyroid problem." "where is your thyroid then?" "hurrrrrrrrrrrr?"

lol but I can't help that she does. Honestly you don't have to even associate with people that are overweight, much less talk to them.
Its obvious people are just looking for somthing to complain about today.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-11-11 12:07:16  
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Lakshmi.Aaroca said:

lmao win
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-11 12:09:29  
Thyroids are also easily removable partially or fully...
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-11-11 12:10:06  
Lakshmi.Aaroca said:
Its obvious people are just looking for somthing to complain about today.

Why isn't there a 99p coin!
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-11 12:10:37  
It's not that people are prejudiced against people that are overweight. We just think there needs to be more incentive to reduce their weight and stop with the stupid excuses as to 'why' they are overweight.
 Seraph.Pikachu
サーバ: Seraph
user: chuuuuu
By Seraph.Pikachu 2009-11-11 12:11:12  
Fairy.Tbest said:
It's not that people are prejudiced against people that are overweight. We just think there needs to be more incentive to reduce their weight and stop with the stupid excuses as to 'why' they are overweight.

lazyness to workout! lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-11 12:11:31  
Lakshmi.Aaroca said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Lakshmi.Aaroca said:
lol but I can't help that she does. Honestly you don't have to even associate with people that are overweight, much less talk to them. Its obvious people are just looking for somthing to complain about today.

Kinda like your friend. Oh my body is betraying me I can't do anything woe is me
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-11-11 12:13:51  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Thyroids are also easily removable partially or fully...

Yes but doctors aren't going to remove a thyroid just for a gland issue, thyroid surgery is extremely risky and is only reccomended if you have thyroid cancer.
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-11-11 12:17:32  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Lakshmi.Aaroca said:
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Lakshmi.Aaroca said:
lol but I can't help that she does. Honestly you don't have to even associate with people that are overweight, much less talk to them. Its obvious people are just looking for somthing to complain about today.
Kinda like your friend. Oh my body is betraying me I can't do anything woe is me

I never said my friend complained about it. In fact most of the obese people I know are quite jolly.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-11 12:18:37  
Lakshmi.Aaroca said:
In fact most of the obese people I know are quite jolly.