users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Started a YouTube series about XI
Started a YouTube series about XI
 Asura.Tuvae
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tuvae
By Asura.Tuvae 2024-10-07 17:43:12  
]Hey all. Just wanted to post up a link to a little series I've started on youtube. Its basically what its like to start ffxi anew in 2024 and how it differs from the 75 era.

The aim is to run from a new character to level 99, probably touching on some endgame content at aonepoint. But really, showing someone who is brand new or an old school returner who hasn't played in 15 years what it would be like starting from scratch. I run through the basics, trusts, RoE, that kind of thing and showing off how leveling goes.

Would be awesome to have you come along and check it out and give your input to the series. Its been a lot of fun so far making a new character and leveling in old zones.

Hope to see you all there and I hope you enjoy! Feel free to thumbs up and subscribe if you do enjoy it and wanna keep up to date with the series \o/

TL;DR version: I made a youtube series about XI. Please watch and subscribe, thank you.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFfe7-00woFvNO-2C49RDzjlfaaDbZgle&si=E0sqJu8Tv8vanDAh
[+]
 Bahamut.Academic
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Sevu
By Bahamut.Academic 2024-10-08 07:01:11  
I'll take a watch after work. Wanted to proactive make a comment as it always welcome to see more content created on Youtube/streaming for this game. Keep it up, Tuvae.
[+]
 Asura.Tuvae
By Asura.Tuvae 2024-10-10 14:30:12  
Bahamut.Academic said: »
I'll take a watch after work. Wanted to proactive make a comment as it always welcome to see more content created on Youtube/streaming for this game. Keep it up, Tuvae.

Thanks! Glad to see people enjoying the content or atleast looking forward to it haha.

I just uploaded part 6. Where I run through some more missions! I hope you enjoy.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Tuvae
By Asura.Tuvae 2024-10-12 12:36:23  
Next part is up. This one is kind of a showcase of how easy exping is. Even with a new character. I hope you enjoy

Edit: not sure why the thumbnail is showing like it did on the previous one...

Edit Edit: Working now, thanks MaleTaru of Carbuncle!
 Fenrir.Zenion
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-10-12 12:54:34  
Oh, don't forget to touch on some of the cozy content; crafting and fishing can be surprisingly engaging when you get into them, and I don't think that's something a prospective new player would even consider without being shown.
 Asura.Tuvae
By Asura.Tuvae 2024-10-12 14:30:01  
Fenrir.Zenion said: »
Oh, don't forget to touch on some of the cozy content; crafting and fishing can be surprisingly engaging when you get into them, and I don't think that's something a prospective new player would even consider without being shown.

To be honest I was gunna just leave that. But maybe I should do it, even for a little bit. Plenty episodes to go though, lots to add in ? thanks for the advice!
 Asura.Tuvae
By Asura.Tuvae 2024-10-13 15:45:32  
Good evening all!

Just a little update on the channel. I dont know what happened last night but I erupted almost 30+ subscribers and part 1 of my FFXI series is now over 1k views. So to anyone here that has been watching and subbing, a huge thank you to all of you!

With part 1 being so popular all of a sudden(and hopefully the others parts will too) Im going to start pushing out more XI content in the coming weeks.

It felt weird starting a channel as I never thought anyone would want to sit and listen to me ramble on but, apparently some do! (maybe its the scottish accent xD)

But, again, just wanted to throw out a thank you to everyone stopping by and hitting that sub button. Its hugely appreciated.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-13 16:12:30  
Asura.Tuvae said: »
Next part is up. This one is kind of a showcase of how easy exping is. Even with a new character. I hope you enjoy

https://youtu.be/pqhhbUPScRY

If you want it to show up with the preview and be clickable in FFXIAH, you want to surround the link with

youtube on one end and /youtube on the other end. Needs to have square brackets around that stuff

There's a button at the top of the text editor to do this automatically if you want, I find it faster personally.

Oh, and apparently there's some junk on the end of your link, not sure how/why. ?si=LhI6TCyFwBt6sl_X
 Asura.Tuvae
By Asura.Tuvae 2024-10-13 16:17:53  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Asura.Tuvae said: »

https://youtu.be/pqhhbUPScRY

If you want it to show up with the preview and be clickable in FFXIAH, you want to surround the link with

There's a button at the top of the text editor to do this automatically if you want, I find it faster personally.

Oh, and apparently there's some junk on the end of your link, not sure how/why. ?si=LhI6TCyFwBt6sl_X

I did the youtube button thing, same as i did on the post prior to that but it wasnt working. The video thing came up but when you clicked on it, it said it was an invalid address or something. I'll keep poking it to try and fix it... haha, thanks though!

Got it, thanks mate!