New Games Suck... Or Is It Just Me?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » New games suck... or is it just me?
New games suck... or is it just me?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 20 21 22
By Afania 2024-09-08 12:39:09  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Spider-Man 2 was:
1-Bundled with PS5's and sold at a time that ps5's were scarce
2-A follow-up to two great Spider-Man games
3-questioned about the lower quality and messaging of the storylines in Spider-Man 2. People dug deeper and deeper and thats when people started finding the cancer.

In other words, SBI is only a small factor on a game's performance, not the main factor, okay.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-08 12:46:12  
If thats what you got from that, sure.

I'm sure you enjoyed the 30 minute "hook the gay couple up for prom" quest, the 40 minute "take Hailey around NYC to do graffiti" quest, and the repeated absolute slog missions sneaking around as MJ. I'm playing Spider-Man, I want to do flippy Spider-Man ***and swing between buildings.

Hey, speaking of that first quest, did you know that it doesnt exist in certain versions of the game released to specific regions? This means the inclusion of those elements was strictly for ESG scores and virtue signaling.

Say what you want about SE, but they told those same regions that outlaw homosexuality to kick rocks. Dion Lesage is gay, its part of his storyline, its part of his character, it wont be changed, you arent getting this game.
By Afania 2024-09-08 12:51:29  
I'm sure you enjoyed the 30 minute "hook the gay couple up for prom" quest, the 40 minute "take Hailey around NYC to do graffiti" quest, and the repeated absolute slog missions sneaking around as MJ.

Don't worry, I hate slog missions as much as you. I've been playing jrpg with slog missions since 2000 and I hated all of them with a passion.

There was a 45 min funeral slog missions in Lost Odyssey that made me almost rage quit.

I could also write 3 pages of essay ranting on slog missions in Trails games.

I blame the game designers, not their political view. I don't see how political views magically make slog missions a reality if they are everywhere since 20+ years ago.
By Afania 2024-09-08 12:56:13  
did you know that it doesnt exist in certain versions of the game released to specific regions? This means the inclusion of those elements was strictly for ESG scores and virtue signaling.

No, it's called censorship if certain elements are removed for political reasons lol.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-08 13:45:24  
Afania said: »
I could also write 3 pages of essay ranting on slog missions in Trails games.
If this is a recurring element in Trails games, then you know what you signed up for playing Trails games.

I dont remember not playing as either Peter Parker or Miles Morales in either Spider-Man game prior to Spider-Man 2.

did you know that it doesnt exist in certain versions of the game released to specific regions? This means the inclusion of those elements was strictly for ESG scores and virtue signaling.

No, it's called censorship if certain elements are removed for political reasons lol.
The initial inclusion of those elements in the game is virtue signaling. They were not an essential element of the original storyline vision. If it were a crucial part of their vision, they would have told those homophobic regions to *** off the same way SE did.
 Asura.Qibble
サーバ: Asura
user: KibbleK
By Asura.Qibble 2024-09-08 13:48:36  
I dont remember not playing as either Peter Parker or Miles Morales in either Spider-Man game prior to Spider-Man 2.

This is why it's hard to take you seriously. Those MJ sections were in the first Spiderman game. They sucked there too, but there wasn't SBI around to blame it on.
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-09-08 13:53:36  
Asura.Qibble said: »

This is why it's hard to take you seriously. Those MJ sections were in the first Spiderman game. They sucked there too, but there wasn't SBI around to blame it on.

I was about to say how can anyone forget the MJ photo ops in the first game. Whole case just fell apart, what a shame.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-08 13:54:23  
They were few, they were short, they were not memorable. Spider-Man 2 made more MJ missions and made them longer. I remember those missions because theyre more recent and they were a boring slog.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-09-08 13:54:38  
When games do the same ol same ol you ***. When games do something different you ***.

As I see it you have three choices.

1, stop playing games.

2, start writing games.

3, keep playing, keep bitching. Keep playing and quit your bitching seems to be off the table.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-08 14:02:37  
MJ missions in spiderman 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM0NlI_415s
No threat a MJ, long but just running around examining things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyNZtp0jbvs
Short, Threat to MJ, but the mission immediately fails if caught.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcqKPiJz9MI
Short, insta fail if caught

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkQoJNsJO_s
MJs part is short, insta fail if caught as MJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi8nu132nso
Actual long one where they give her OHKO weapon, its dumb.
By Afania 2024-09-08 14:10:00  
What's your argument, really?

1) MJ missions are bad because it's a slog.

2) MJ missions are bad because the character is not spider man.

3) MJ missions are longer in spider man 2 because of SBI.

1) is a legit criticism on game design, whether 2 is legit or not depends on how the game is marketed. If they market the game as multiple pov with different gameplay then I guess it's fine.

Or else criticism on 2) should be directed towards marketing.

3) has no evidence. We don't know exactly what SBI suggested in that game. And game dev should be responsible for implementing it anyways.

Either way spider man 2 is a metacritic 90 game(8.7 user review), it's hardly bad from the score and sales. Which makes the whole "SBI makes a game bad" narrative hard to believe unless you already picked a side.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-08 14:19:07  
Its all good big dog
Keep talking about how modern games "arent for you and thats a good thing", and we'll keep not buying the modern games. The ESG funds will dry up eventually. Creating a game on a 250 million dollar budget just to sell < 1000 copies isnt sustainable.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-08 14:19:56  
Either way spider man 2 is a metacritic 90 game(8.7 user review), it's hardly bad from the score and sales. Which makes the whole "SBI makes a game bad" narrative hard to believe unless you already picked a side.
Already covered bruv
Spider-Man 2 was:
3-questioned about the lower quality and messaging of the storylines in Spider-Man 2. People dug deeper and deeper and thats when people started finding the cancer.
By Viciouss 2024-09-08 14:21:42  
They were few, they were short, they were not memorable. Spider-Man 2 made more MJ missions and made them longer. I remember those missions because theyre more recent and they were a boring slog.

Just lol. There were more MJ missions in the first game. There were only 3 in Spiderman 2. In the end, the time spent on them was about the same.
By Viciouss 2024-09-08 14:22:22  
Its all good big dog
Keep talking about how modern games "arent for you and thats a good thing", and we'll keep not buying the modern games. The ESG funds will dry up eventually. Creating a game on a 250 million dollar budget just to sell < 1000 copies isnt sustainable.

Surrender accepted.
[+]
By Afania 2024-09-08 14:23:28  
Its all good big dog

I guess you can't discuss game design without bringing up politics, okay.

Already covered bruv
Spider-Man 2 was:

None of these explained how it got 90 metacritic and 8.7 user scores.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-08 14:37:33  
Viciouss said: »
Just lol. There were more MJ missions in the first game. There were only 3 in Spiderman 2. In the end, the time spent on them was about the same.

The first mission was walking around establishing lore and sneaking around. Theres 6 minutes of very slow stealth (stealth means wait for the NPC to turn around) gameplay.
Second mission was 5 minutes.
Third 6 min
Fourth about 10 minutes, but you're controlling MJ to have Peter eliminate targets.
Fifth 20ish min kill me. This is the mission where she gets an OHKO tool. Its lame.

Spiderman 2:
Good Men: 20 minutes
Wake Up: 6 minutes
Together: 7 min as MJ
In these missions she can take and recover from damage and is capable of oneshotting targets that SpiderMan cant.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-08 14:38:13  
None of these explained how it got 90 metacritic and 8.7 user scores.

Shiva.Thorny said: »
False equivalence. If SBI typically takes 3/10 off of a game's end result, then an otherwise 10/10 game may end up a perfectly playable 7/10. But, a 7/10 game that could've been good ends up a 4/10 dumpster fire.

If SBI is a straight negative influence, as it seems to be, then it makes sense to push against it. If pressure causes game studios to hesitate to use them or similar consultants, then we get more games that we consider good.

The exception isnt the rule.

Alan Wake II (SBI influenced game) scores a 89/8.5 on Metacritic and as of August 2024 still hasnt turned a profit. Thats likely bloat though, bloat that SBI is a part of.

From what I could find on Alan Wake II's budget: €50 million (55 mil USD) in development and an additional €20 million (22 mil USD) spent on marketing. How much is SBI's "consulting fee"? The only estimate I can find was from Game Science saying they wanted $7 million, and when they refused, the hit pieces started, aka racketeering, and some people (people = DEI shills) also insist that statement is fake in general. Regardless, I cant find any other source of how much a SBI consulting fee is.
By Pantafernando 2024-09-08 14:54:58  
The table has turned, buddy.

Afania called his allies, now youre outnumbered.

Even Chatty joined, its like 4 vs 1 atm!
 Asura.Qibble
By Asura.Qibble 2024-09-08 14:56:00  
Alan Wake II (SBI influenced game) scores a 89/8.5 on Metacritic and as of August 2024 still hasnt turned a profit. Thats likely bloat though, bloat that SBI is a part of.

So Remedy consulting with SBI is the reason Alan Wake 2 hasn't made a profit? Not that Remedy's games are historically more niche than their budget and prestige would suggest. Also, lower sales certainly has nothing to do with the game not being available on the most readily available and accessible PC game store, nope not that. It's woke that caused this.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-09-08 14:56:17  
As I only fight in the winning side...

I suppose now its 5 vs 1.

Take that in your face!

Chihuahua's enemy are MY enemy!
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-08 15:04:07  

"its 5v1 and we can finally bully him into accepting the goyslop"

me:
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-08 15:10:01  
To OP:
Your backlog and replays will have to suffice. Hold out for brighter days and better games.
The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming.
By Afania 2024-09-08 15:15:46  

Alan wake II isn't on Steam, that's really the reason why it doesn't sell enough.

Did SBI suggest them not to publish on Steam too?

The only estimate I can find was from Game Science saying they wanted $7 million,

Game Science didn't say ***about SBI, it's some random Weibo blogger who postes that, probably for political reasons too.

The whole SBI wants 7m rumor has no evidence, and 7m is a number that sounds fake anyways lol.
 Asura.Qibble
By Asura.Qibble 2024-09-08 15:23:06  

Alan wake II isn't on Steam, that's really the reason why it doesn't sell enough.

Did SBI suggest them not to publish on Steam too?

The only estimate I can find was from Game Science saying they wanted $7 million,

Game Science didn't say ***about SBI, it's some random Weibo blogger who postes that, probably for political reasons too.

The whole SBI wants 7m rumor has no evidence, and 7m is a number that sounds fake anyways lol.

No you don't realize, Nynja said it's because of woke and apparently the Jews?
By Pantafernando 2024-09-08 15:23:22  
me:

That was a whole new level in cringeness...
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-08 15:23:45  
If you really wanted Alan Wake II, you'd use the Epic Game Store.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-08 15:26:58  
Oh boy, more personal attacks
first I'm anti-LGBTQ
now I'm anti-semitic

lol
By Pantafernando 2024-09-08 15:28:12  
Oh boy, more personal attacks