New Games Suck... Or Is It Just Me?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » New games suck... or is it just me?
New games suck... or is it just me?
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 25 26 27
 Asura.Thunderjet
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-09-20 05:15:18  
Guy what old game should i play hmmm

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Pantafernando 2024-09-20 06:15:54  
Tetris
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-09-20 06:17:19  
Pantafernando said: »
Tetris
no am replaying DQ11 its fun i dr much and iv never completed the Extra content!!
https://www.twitch.tv/ashcrow232
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-09-20 08:01:12  
syllreve said: »
I do. Not gaming industry, but male dominated field that HR was desperate to have more women represented in. Multiple hires of which did not have any relevant job experience or educational background to justify their hiring other than being women.

In the past 10 or so years several of the best engineers we've hired were women. They were more detail oriented than most of their male counterparts, they were driven and focused, and they didn't try to start ***constantly. It wasn't a *** measuring contest. They were great employees, engineers, and people to work with. Meanwhile we had male employees that couldn't be motivated to actually do anything, spent six months on a task it would take me a day to do, and were awful hires. We are selective in hiring and our ratio of good hires that were women is way higher than the men. Some of the best PMs I've had in my career were women, in fact almost all of them, to the point project status degraded when they were replaced, but these women were more universally accepted and respected among the company than anyone else. Similar situation, the men had to constantly be reminded to do tasks, were poorly organized, and we weren't shielded from the BS the way the women did.

Another example I remember from early in my career. The industry, largely male dominated (or that was the impression), was trying to push for more women representation in conference talks. There was a very vocal group of women who complained about their talks being rejected all over then-Twitter, meanwhile if you look at their talks at smaller conferences it was all about how it is being a woman in a tech field. If you talked to them, they didn't know anything anyone wanted to hear, didn't know basic subject matter, and their submitted talks were...all about being a woman while every other talk was some discussion on lower level technical subjects. Meanwhile, there were women giving talks at the same conference this group complained about, those were on subjects that people wanted to hear about who were regularly, year after year, accepted. This vocal group conveniently ignored another group of well respected women who constantly gave talks to a full room with standing room only on subjects relevant to the conference.

I have worked with some great men in these roles too. think the issue has less to do with gender and more to do that 9/10 people suck. I've done a lot of technical interviews and the vast majority of people are terrible, in probably close to 200 interviews over the years I can still count the people I said yes to who could answer questions even half relevant to the job.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-09-20 08:24:01  
I am surprised people can even find female applicants for a stem job, I have about 7 years of being on interview panels and in that time I have seen 0 female applicants.

In direct contrast to that, we do get a much more balanced pool of applicants for internships.

I don't know why we get such a stark difference, All I do know is I am the only female engineer that my manager has (15 people total). I do not believe that has anything to do with the companies culture or hiring practices.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-20 08:42:02  
Probably also depends on the region you're in.
By Pantafernando 2024-09-20 09:35:39  
Its a vicious cycle actually.

My mechanicwl enginering school had like 90 guys for 4 girls.

The basic engineering module where the amount of girls were higher, most of them prefered production engineering or civil engineering.

Very few would try mechanical or electrical.

There is certainly a cultural aspect of women to not prefer to work with some types of job.

Thats why i kinda feel annoyed when the DEI discourse keeps saying (we need to even out the proportion.

Ok, i honestly dont think gender or racial differences makes for a noticeable change in perfomance in a non-physical job, but its just pointless saying we need more women.

What men can do? Change gender?

Admitelly there is a lot of fields where majority are men, but there is a non neglegible part of this because... women simply dont want to work in some jobs.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

Just dont keep spelling it in my face. I can do nothing to help in that
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-09-20 09:44:11  
oh nice. My character in the new dragon age can have top surgery scars...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-20 09:57:17  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
I also roll my eyes at the people pushing back against the woke DEI ***. The new thing is people getting upset over Dragon Age character customization. “Omg you can make mastectomy scars”, who cares? Its fully customizable across the board.
Update on this one, turns out they put unrealistic limits on the fully customizable character creation. Seems the largest bust size is roughly a B cup?

Prediction: Flops like Outlaws.
By Pantafernando 2024-09-20 09:58:22  
If you want bigger size, just go to xvideos.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-20 09:59:44  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
oh nice. My character in the new dragon age can have top surgery scars...

Go look up who the director is lol
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-20 10:00:50  
Are you suggesting women with C and D cups dont play video games?
Thats rather non-inclusive of you bigot!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-09-20 10:01:06  
Im not sure, but feels like this meme belongs here…

By Pantafernando 2024-09-20 10:03:56  

The actual interpretation for what I said is: if a dude want to play with a big bust size female character, the he wants to get his hands “dirty”….
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-09-20 10:05:11  
Update on this one, turns out they put unrealistic limits on the fully customizable character creation. Seems the largest bust size is roughly a B cup?
Does the slider have the same limitation on all races in game? might be someone just cherry picking that the random non-human race can't have a large chest but if you do human you can just fine.

If my thought were correct would that change your opinion of the limitation?
By Pantafernando 2024-09-20 10:05:37  
And i never meant to be inclusive anyway.

Never my friends called me to orgies, or to smoke some weed, or to mug people in the street.

I was always in the excluded side of the spectrum so whatever
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-09-20 10:07:09  
Never my friends called me to orgies, or to smoke some weed, or to mug people in the street.
you have some wild friends, or maybe that is pretty standard in brazil?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-20 10:09:13  
Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
Does the slider have the same limitation on all races in game? might be someone just cherry picking that the random non-human race can't have a large chest but if you do human you can just fine.

If my thought were correct would that change your opinion of the limitation?
That I dont know, its very possible these people use half information to incite rage. I'd find it very unlikely that to be the case, but I wont rule it out until shown otherwise.
By Pantafernando 2024-09-20 10:09:33  
Ok, maybe stealing people not so much, but sex and drugs should be pretty much the norm for teenagers around the world
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-20 10:10:31  

The actual interpretation for what I said is: if a dude want to play with a big bust size female character, the he wants to get his hands “dirty”….
My favorite part of stellar blade was stealing 1000 bottles of baby oil from Diddy and putting it all over the ladders.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-09-20 10:12:44  
dustborn has a freak off mode where you throw baby oil at border agents
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-20 11:05:09  
Afania said: »
Spider man II and God of war Ragnarok are DEI games, they are successful.
They are also very popular IP's

The DEI influence in GoW: Ragnarok is rather minimal. They made Angrboda black, and they made Thor fat.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-09-20 15:51:15  

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-09-20 18:20:54  
My mechanicwl enginering school had like 90 guys for 4 girls.

The basic engineering module where the amount of girls were higher, most of them prefered production engineering or civil engineering.

Very few would try mechanical or electrical.
I took aeronautical. I was the only girl in my engineering classes and the only engineering major in my advanced english class.

I still don't understand how I got into advanced english with my spelling.
By Pantafernando 2024-09-20 18:24:56  
Spell aeronautical engineering
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-09-20 19:48:04  
Im not sure, but feels like this meme belongs here…

I *** hate the new YouTube. The algorithm flagged me for cyber bullying because I quoted "Fat" by Weird Al.
By Pantafernando 2024-09-21 02:18:47  
This one surely fits here more than Random Plays.

Shes gorgeous, so her opinion matters more than you nerds.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Afania 2024-09-21 02:35:02  
Shes gorgeous, so her opinion matters more than you nerds.

She plays Oblivion and WoW, those are hardcore nerd games.

Playing nerd games make you a nerd, I think she is a nerd too.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-09-21 02:36:00  
Shes a higher quality nerd that us!
By Afania 2024-09-21 02:40:47  
Shes a higher quality nerd that us!

I refuse to accept WoW nerds are "higher quality". GTFO! ;(
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 25 26 27