{Take Care.}, Wfoadambbp (NOT DEAD)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » {Take care.}, Wfoadambbp (NOT DEAD)
{Take care.}, Wfoadambbp (NOT DEAD)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-06-23 10:29:12  
Asura.Certainly said: »
What's the story behind the name?

I forget what Wfo stands for but his name is Adam.

I wonder if he remembers all those times I dragged him into Sheol A/B to farm Moogle Mastery and didn't have a clue where I was going. Ended up dead 40% of the time. I still remember when banana slicers let me come to a Sortie run on SCH and it was clear in fifteen seconds I had no idea how to play the job. Not funnier than dying to first pull in Sheol C on PLD. MY MACROS AREN'T WORKING. Foad was there for all my classic embarrassing moments. Good times
By Tarage 2024-06-23 11:51:24  
Most of your pictures don't load.

Edit: FFS you linked discord images. At least put them on a hosting site like BG Bucket or something with a longer shelf life.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-06-23 14:18:48  
Yeah pictures don't load :( Tribute needs better sauce!
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-23 14:37:31  
discord changed their image linking policy recently, so the links die within 24? hours
[+]
By Draylo 2024-06-23 14:46:57  
I just changed to imgbb recommended here
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-06-23 15:28:18  
Draylo said: »
I just changed to imgbb recommended here
I second. So easy/fast.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-23 15:33:19  
Every picture loaded yesterday and all but one load now
By Pantafernando 2024-06-23 15:38:35  
RadialArcana said: »
discord changed their image linking policy recently, so the links die within 24? hours

I was reading about the so called “The Data Wars”.

I would expecte many public APIs to become increasingly harder to find/use.

It wont be long before raw data being monetized to a higher degree than anything weve seem so far
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-06-23 15:50:50  
Tarage said: »
Most of your pictures don't load.

Edit: FFS you linked discord images. At least put them on a hosting site like BG Bucket or something with a longer shelf life.

Huge pain in the *** to go back and find those pictures then re-upload to BG bucket, but thanks for the suggestion. All should be fixed/viewable now.

Probably need to go back and fix the cheating post from forever ago.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-06-23 16:27:32  
THat time for Sortie *** one got me rolling lmao.
[+]
 Asura.Junjiro
user: dogman004
By Asura.Junjiro 2024-06-23 21:15:51  
The Wfo was a clan tag from like COD or something then Adam is his name. Idr the bbp part but he told me the story once
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2024-06-24 13:57:15  
Nobody quits FFXI forever. See you later Wfo
[+]
By zixxer 2024-06-25 04:56:20  
Beautiful OP and sendoff! Loved the pics!

I was lucky enough to have a couple of v25 attempts with Foad. Enjoy your next chapter and I'll see you when you come back because SE added augments to prime weapons near the end of this year!
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-25 05:15:02  
I quit FFXI and I was totally certain I was done, I didn't regret it for 2-3 years either. I barely even really thought about XI in that time.

Then one day, the game I moved onto wasn't doing it for me anymore and I was left without a game to play (I effectively capped out on it, and was continually waiting for total gear resets in major patches and one day noticed I was on an assembly line and lost interest). Then I thought I'll just login and mess around for the free login campaign I happened to notice was running on reddit.

That was 8 years ago I think.

The biggest reason XI is still relevant, is the genre moved on and the only new games being made are turbo casual pay to win slop, that most XI players can cap out on in a matter of few months. The communities in these games are also very "modern".

The genre isn't the same anymore, these games are barely worth playing now and certainly not worth playing long term. If you were brought up on XI you're going to find it hard to transition to any modern mmorpgs.
[+]
By zixxer 2024-06-25 05:30:43  
I feel the same. I don't play any modern games because of the sunsetting features. I love the horizontal progression style of ffxi. Like I still have a use for d-ring to this day.

You work hard to get the loot, you accomplish the impossible and then it becomes irrelevant on the next dlc. Doesn't sound fun to me. I know some of these elements exists in ffxi but you're not required them to complete content.

This style is what killed Destiny for me.

I'm a nostalgic soul, this game just does it for me.
[+]