New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Best way to get stronger fast
Best way to get stronger fast
 Asura.Lordwmd
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Lordwmd 2024-06-22 08:46:32  
I recently returned after 7 years and want to make my summoner stronger, but don't know what to do first. I have no job points and random ilvl 119 pieces from the gobbiebox. I have the 115ilv satchet. What would give me the biggest power increase first and where should I go from there?
By Pantafernando 2024-06-22 09:25:58  
Use anabolics
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-22 09:34:11  
The level of your avatars is based on your sachet, so 115 is under-leveled. The level of your trusts is based on your overall gear Ilevel, so get 119 in (feet, legs, hands, body, head and at least one weapon slot).

Do domain invasion every day (this is a daily type event, that you can do it near any gear as long as others are there that gives access to good gear at a slow rate), and if you have a job capable of it kill Tenzen high tier battlefield on a melee job on ve-e-n. for a serahicaller (drop rate isn't great on those tiers though

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Seraphicaller

Ilevel is a form of level beyond 99, so you must full time 119 gear in (head, hands, body, legs, feet, a weapon slot to get average 119 (type /checkparam <me> to see it) (even if lower tier gear has better stats, for instance af/relic/etc at 115 is a trap until you can make it 119) cause your trusts will be gimped

You can get basic 119 gear from

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Vesca

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Craggy_Bluff

or get the really cheap stuff from domain invasion npc in norg (keep in mind the stats on the really cheap 119 gear from zurim are only active in domain invasion, so the gear looks better than it is)

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Zurim

Domain invasion has a cap on how many points you can get per day, so keep an eye on how many you get at the end of a fight.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Domain_Invasion

The later of the 3 areas are accessed based on Rhapsodies mission progress. domain invasion is a kind of world event anyone can take part in, kind of like fates from xiv
[+]
By Shichishito 2024-06-22 09:40:24  
Almost nothing in this game happens fast cause most recent content is locked behind time gates.

Investing in a Sancus Sachet +1 might be one of the fastest advancments you can do on your SMN if you have the gil *and 100 job points.

From there it's mostly working towards apogee +1, artifact +3 and empy +3. If you don't have the gil and domain points for apogee or the gear and job points to solo farm omen towards artifact +3 (which you most likely don't) I'd try to focus on sortie.

You can get around 800-1100(?) gallimaufry just by sneaking around doing objectives without the need of killing anything so if you're lucky you could upgrade your first empy +2 within ~10-13 days which should be a big step up without spending gil.

You can also buy a pair of merlinic gloves from zurim if you have the domain points and augment it with fern stones to work toward a high blood pact damage augment with aditional ACC/ATT or MACC/MATT.
By RadialArcana 2024-06-22 09:42:07  
Shichishito said: »
Investing in a Sancus Sachet +1 might be one of the fastest advancments you can do on your SMN if you have the gil.

need 100 job points to equip though
[+]
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2024-06-22 09:54:26  
2grams/ protein/day every kilogram, proper meals enough sleep steroids if u are advanced dude.. nothing special enjoy !!
[+]
By Shichishito 2024-06-22 10:10:01  
Pantafernando said: »
Use anabolics
Asura.Karppa said: »
steroids if u are advanced dude.
SMN itself can't do much with extra STR.

Don't recommend roiding up Siren, Garuda or Shiva despite the convenient back arch that begs for a... syringe. There are undesired side effects... let's say the muscles aren't the only thing that will start growing.

I'm convinced Titan is already well supplied but if you try to juice up Ramuh he'll most likely suffer a heart attack.

The rest is a lost cause.
[+]
 Asura.Lordwmd
By Asura.Lordwmd 2024-06-22 10:11:07  
RadialArcana said: »
The level of your avatars is based on your sachet, so 115 is under-leveled. The level of your trusts is based on your overall gear Ilevel, so get 119 in (feet, legs, hands, body, head and at least one weapon slot).

Do domain invasion every day (this is a daily type event, that you can do it near any gear as long as others are there that gives access to good gear at a slow rate), and if you have a job capable of it kill Tenzen high tier battlefield on a melee job on ve-e-n. for a serahicaller (drop rate isn't great on those tiers though

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Seraphicaller

Ilevel is a form of level beyond 99, so you must full time 119 gear in (head, hands, body, legs, feet, a weapon slot to get average 119 (type /checkparam <me> to see it) (even if lower tier gear has better stats, for instance af/relic/etc at 115 is a trap until you can make it 119) cause your trusts will be gimped

You can get basic 119 gear from

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Vesca

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Craggy_Bluff

or get the really cheap stuff from domain invasion npc in norg (keep in mind the stats on the really cheap 119 gear from zurim are only active in domain invasion, so the gear looks better than it is)

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Zurim

Domain invasion has a cap on how many points you can get per day, so keep an eye on how many you get at the end of a fight.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Domain_Invasion

The later of the 3 areas are accessed based on Rhapsodies mission progress. domain invasion is a kind of world event anyone can take part in, kind of like fates from xiv
Thanks! I did Tenzen E got the Seraphicaller!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-06-22 14:34:43  
Asura.Lordwmd said: »
I recently returned after 7 years and want to make my summoner stronger, but don't know what to do first. I have no job points and random ilvl 119 pieces from the gobbiebox. I have the 115ilv satchet. What would give me the biggest power increase first and where should I go from there?

Ever day do

100 Pushups
100 Situps
100 Squats
10km run
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-06-22 15:09:00  
Asura.Saevel said: »

Ever day do

100 Pushups
100 Situps
100 Squats
10km run

[+]
By Taint 2024-06-22 15:13:46  

Ever day do

100 Pushups
100 Situps
100 Squats
10km run

100 Push ups
50 Pull Ups
50 Weighted Goblet Squats
10 50m Sprints

You always want a push and pull exercise, Goblet Squats will take care of your abs, calves, quads. Sprints for fat loss, incline sprints are even better. Add weight or reps as able.
By Pantafernando 2024-06-22 15:51:06  
You guys are forgetting dude could want to strengthen his glutes
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-06-22 15:53:43  
Shichishito said: »
SMN itself can't do much with extra STR.
NEED MOAR fSTR FOR OSHALA! MELEE SMN ONLY SOLUTION!
By Pantafernando 2024-06-22 15:53:51  

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-06-22 15:55:03  
Taint said: »

Ever day do

100 Pushups
100 Situps
100 Squats
10km run

100 Push ups
50 Pull Ups
50 Weighted Goblet Squats
10 50m Sprints

You always want a push and pull exercise, Goblet Squats will take care of your abs, calves, quads. Sprints for fat loss, incline sprints are even better. Add weight or reps as able.

I'd take the One Punch Man exercise routine, cause the dude punch's hard enough to blow the atmosphere off Jupiter.

Or if you a real G, bench some black holes

[+]
By Taint 2024-06-22 16:09:42  
lol well played
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-06-22 16:16:30  
Time for a montage.

[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-06-22 18:10:23  
Fastest way to get stronger? Look up Naegling, and change to any of the jobs that can equip that. You'll be dishing respectable damage with that way faster than you would on summoner.

If for some reason you do want to stick with summoner though - maybe you like to solo, who knows, I won't judge - then your biggest improvements are going to be:

Seraphicaller (high-tier battlefields, it looks like most of the pre-Wings mission-based ones - so, not the avatars - can drop it, I spammed The Warrior's Path, the Tenzen fight, for it.)

Espiritus (drop from Hanbi in Escha - Ru'aun, or buy from Zurim for 200 domain points.) Augment it with Nolan, pick path A or C. It's not the best magic attack staff for summoner, but it's the easiest one to fully augment.

Keraunos (buy at the Skirmish entrance in Yorcia Weald with mellidopt wings.) Augment with Divainy-Gamainy, all relevant augments are going to be random from leaf/snow/duskorb, you want Blood Pact Damage +10 from duskorb, probably pet DA and crit rate +6 from leaforb, and pet att and ratt or acc and racc +25 from snoworb. This'll be your best pre-Nirvana staff for physical pacts.

Caller's/Beckoner's Horn. Empyrean head, get it and reforge and upgrade the sucker as far as you can. The Avatar's Favor boost will help your blood pact delay, and the refresh is huge for the slot.

Apogee set. This is the ilvl119 cursed set for summoner, look for bewitched/voodoo cursed pieces on the auction house (bewitched is NQ and voodoo is HQ.) You know you're looking at the right ones if only SMN can equip them. You trade those to the abjuration guy in the cathedral in San d'Oria with a matching Abyssal abjuration (Zurim for 400 domain invasion points, or dropped from Kammavaca, Vir'ava, Khon, Palila, and Ruea in Escha - Ru'aun. Buy the body abjuration, Vir'ava is a huge pain. Augment path A for magic or path B for physical, path C if you really want to play around with Flaming Crush builds. This isn't necessarily best in slot, but it's close enough for most applications and straight up is for a few. Be advised that the set steals your max HP and puts it on your avatar, making it only situationally suitable to idle in.

Beckoner's Doublet & Spats +2/+3. You'll need to get into Sortie a bit for these. Reforged Empyrean body and legs; at +2 they get large reductions to damage taken, which is precious. It won't make you stronger, except in the sense that a dead summoner does no damage.

Speaking of, if you don't have Cait Sith unlocked, why? Its SP ability, Altana's Favor, is amazing - use it once and you have reraise 3 basically forever, it only wears off if buffs are removed (changing jobs, entering battlefields) or you use it.

You also want to look up any gear with Blood Pact Delay and Blood Pact Delay II, try to get both to -15 if you can, you can use less as you get more job points but blood pact delay is the biggest thing holding summoners back, reduce it where possible.

As soon as you get enough job points to equip Su2, trade your Seraphicaller for a Sancus Sachet (+1 if you can get one.)

As soon as you can equip Su3, get a Baayami Robe, wearing it makes it effectively impossible to interrupt your summoning spells.

There's really not a whole lot of difference between "minimum effective summoner build" and "top of the line gear", SE didn't know how to design for the job before Abyssea and didn't do it well before ilvl119 gear - and then they forgot and started saying "it's accuracy, right? Summoners just want pet accuracy?"

(You will want pet accuracy. But losing Blood Pact Damage for it still hurts.)
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-06-22 22:20:52  
Just wanted to also add the JSe staff is very good for physical blood pacts.

So back when I was just starting out.

JSE Staff and Augged Helios got me quite a few Aeonics. Later upgraded the hell out of my Summer. I tell you what:

The JSE Staff is insanely good. Even holding it's own against several Nirvanas. It will hold you over for quite awhile. I would just rock the JSE Staff while you focus on your foundation.

Nirvana alone won't transform your summoner, however it does augment your current gear sets to something wonderful.
[+]
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2024-06-22 23:12:33  
Ever day do

100 Pushups
100 Situps
100 Squats
10km run

an the penalty for meeting the quota?
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2024-06-23 04:50:30  
Cerberus.Immortalmoon said: »
Ever day do

100 Pushups
100 Situps
100 Squats
10km run

All of your hair will be gone. Including the eye brows and eye lashes as well as all the pubes worth at least 200gil.
[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-06-23 13:17:09  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Just wanted to also add the JSe staff is very good for physical blood pacts.

So back when I was just starting out.

JSE Staff and Augged Helios got me quite a few Aeonics. Later upgraded the hell out of my Summer. I tell you what:

The JSE Staff is insanely good. Even holding it's own against several Nirvanas. It will hold you over for quite awhile. I would just rock the JSE Staff while you focus on your foundation.

Nirvana alone won't transform your summoner, however it does augment your current gear sets to something wonderful.

Oh, right, Gridarvor, forgot about that one. Also a good choice, especially right now with HTMB campaign on; the plutons/beitetsu/riftborn boulders to upgrade it should be plentiful for a while.

Also, Sortie. Since you have to do that for the Beckoner's stuff anyway, trying to find a group to run with is well worth it; the Beckoner's Earring/+1/+2 that you can get from old cases is an awesome piece. It's way too luck-based to make it a goal (like 1/22 chance every time you open an old case, with something like 1/16 chance of a +1 maybe?) and old cases are always just a chance to drop... but try to maximize the opportunities to roll those dice.
 Asura.Lordwmd
By Asura.Lordwmd 2024-06-23 22:15:24  
Thank you to everyone who offered helpful advice, I've got some decent pieces going now.
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2024-06-23 22:34:27  
Thank you to everyone who offered helpful advice, I've got some decent pieces going now.

"Pieces"

Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-06-23 23:41:44  
Cerberus.Immortalmoon said: »
Ever day do

100 Pushups
100 Situps
100 Squats
10km run

Punishment Dungeon where you have to run from gargantuan sandworms for four hours.