Which US State To I Have To Live In...

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Which US state to I have to live in...
Which US state to I have to live in...
 Asura.Certainly
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lutia
By Asura.Certainly 2024-05-25 01:15:25  
...for FFXI tax to be cheapest?

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news27213.shtml

I'm not a US citizen, so I don't know what this is about, could someone enlighten me? I've got an US account and since SE does not allow people to move from US to EU (unlike the governments), it will probably stay like that forever.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-05-25 01:44:28  
Oregon, New Hampshire, Montana, Delaware and Alaska all have 0% sales tax.
[+]
By Seun 2024-05-25 02:04:31  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Oregon, New Hampshire, Montana, Delaware and Alaska all have 0% sales tax.

I'll gladly pay your sales taxes if you pay my property taxes.
[+]
By Draylo 2024-05-25 02:13:26  
I can't remember which site this happened to also, and I chose one of those states and it worked.
By RadialArcana 2024-05-25 03:12:33  
Are you actually having problems paying if you have a US account and EU address? Cause I don't think you are, cause I'm not.

Also you can change your address, goto account, account info, update, update detail info.
By Afania 2024-05-25 03:42:57  
RadialArcana said: »
Are you actually having problems paying if you have a US account and EU address? Cause I don't think you are, cause I'm not.

Also you can change your address, goto account, account info, update, update detail info.

Are you paying with Paypal? It looks like your CC has to match address now because my CC no longer works.

You can change your address but not your country after you created the account. You'll have to create a new account if you move to a different country.
 Asura.Certainly
By Asura.Certainly 2024-05-25 03:58:29  
RadialArcana said: »

No problems at all, but updating the country is impossible. An US Account will stay US forever, SE doesn't let you change it, meaning, they think that no one will ever move from US to EU.
 Asura.Certainly
By Asura.Certainly 2024-05-25 03:59:17  
Also, why do the tax thing now? Did something change? I would imagine sales taxes are nothing new in USA.
By RadialArcana 2024-05-25 05:02:30  
Afania said: »
Are you paying with Paypal?

They stopped accepting CC payments from me 10+ years ago for some reason (I think it was cause I had multiple accounts and they thought it was same payment errors duplicated), so yeah paypal > crysta. I tried to fix the issue but Square Enix support is useless. They are the only company that hurt their own profits by being so useless in regards to giving them money, cause people are more likely to keep paying if it's a CC recurring than having to load crysta.

The problem with Square Enix is they split their business up regionally due to exchange rate problems, so Square Enix NA, Square Enix EU and Square Enix Japan all have domain over their own countries players / accounts. This is one of the reasons they merged 11 with 14, cause then each region has more reason to support 11, cause it's part of 14 operations.

If you live in the EU and have a NA account, you're effectively robbing Square Enix EU of their money and they do not like that at all and there is even a chance you can get your account nuked over something like this. They did a one time account region change I remember ages ago.

If you have a NA account and contact NA support, they will transfer you to EU support if they find out you're not American cause each region has their own own staff etc. Then they will transfer you back to NA cause EU can't do anything to NA accounts. It's real easy to get an infinite loop like this.

I remember when I played WoW under these circumstances and the person didn't give a crap and just fixed my problem for me.

Quote:
Also, why do the tax thing now? Did something change? I would imagine sales taxes are nothing new in USA.

They did it cause of FF14 (ff11 and ff14 are effectively merged now, so anything impacting 14 hits us too), there is some issue in the US with states doing things differently and they finally had to deal with it I guess.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-25 05:48:40  
Asura.Certainly said: »

Most states have "sales tax", which is collected by the vendor and sent to the government. But, they also have "use tax", which is the same exact thing except the customer is supposed to report and pay it. So, it is expected that people would catalogue all purchases that they aren't charged sales tax on and pay it as use tax. Not surprisingly, very few people actually do this.

Presumably some of the requirements around collecting sales tax changed, or some state called SE out for not collecting sales tax, so now they are collecting it. Legally, this doesn't change the cost for US citizens.. but in practical terms I'd be surprised if anyone here was actually paying use tax on their sub.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tristonx
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tristonx
By Ragnarok.Tristonx 2024-05-26 11:55:11  
list of states that consider SaaS taxable and those that do not.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-05-26 13:10:31  
so are you guys relocating for tax subs lol
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-26 13:23:42  
Like as a single box with few mules and 1-2 wardrobes i wouldnt bother

But if youre like a triboxer with 20 mules and 10 wardrobes across them its an entire extra sub worth in tax. And all you have to do to save that $12~ a month is just change your address. It'd be silly not to. Just losing money for no reason.

What wouldn't you do to save $150+ a year.
(Been playing tax free for 22 years, don't start now)
By Pantafernando 2024-05-26 13:27:48  
Asura.Thunderjet said: »

Asura.Eiryl said: »

By Pantafernando 2024-05-26 13:29:36  
Better yet

Asura said:

[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-05-26 14:54:24  
If ya got enough accounts that difference in state sales/use taxes actually matters monthly for more than a coffee, perhaps the issue isn't the taxation but perhaps the number of accounts ;)
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-26 16:56:35  
No, you've got a gambling problem!
 Asura.Certainly
By Asura.Certainly 2024-05-27 01:56:12  
Asura.Thunderjet said: »
so are you guys relocating for tax subs lol
Yeah, absolutely, it doesn't matter where I live in USA, because I dont live in USA. :|
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-27 02:07:06  
SE must make the taxes relative to the server the player is on.

If its on Assura, it would be fair asking for taxes of 100%.

They are rich, they can
[+]
 Asura.Certainly
By Asura.Certainly 2024-05-27 02:16:00  
Pantafernando said: »
SE must make the taxes relative to the server the player is on.

If its on Assura, it would be fair asking for taxes of 100%.

They are rich, they can

They did tax bazaar sales before. Rolanberrymart anyone?
[+]