フォーラム » FFXI » General » Sluggish Chat Log
Sluggish Chat Log
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-05-18 13:35:33  
Looking for suggestions.

My chat log has just been sluggish forever. It takes several seconds for an Enemy TP move or a skill chain to show up, when something drops in party I'm always the last one to see it, etc. etc.

I play on a very high-end PC with a 1 Gig connection, I already have the log filtered to bare bones, dgvoodoo, and I don't like/want to use Battlemod.

Does anyone have any recommendations on getting the chat log to show up faster? I understand as an NA player there will be some delay but it just seems extraordinarily bad. Gameplay itself is mostly fine (for a 20+ year old game).

Thanks.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-18 13:38:29  
The client won't show most chat messages until the associated animations finish; it's not a latency issue as a NA, it's just how it is without battlemod.

There's an addon on ashita called InstantChat that makes all messages appear as soon as the packet comes in, without the changes Battlemod/Simplelog would cause. But, I don't think windower has anything like it and it can't easily be ported since they don't have memory access.

Probably just have to accept they'll be slow or use battlemod.
 Bahamut.Wesleydimble
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Wesleydimble 2024-05-18 13:46:26  
If you maximize the chat log, it doesn't slowly and smoothly scroll. This can be helpful in some cases.
[+]