Sub BLU Spells

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Sub BLU Spells
Sub BLU Spells
By Galkapryme 2024-05-18 09:57:51  
Stepping up to the plate with RUN (near perfectly geared, but I don't have a great deal of experience playing it (as tank). Looking for spell set recommendations for /BLU.
By Dodik 2024-05-18 10:17:01  
There's already a section on the guide on blu spells for tanking. What questions do you have.
By Galkapryme 2024-05-18 10:21:54  
Dodik said: »
There's already a section on the guide on blu spells for tanking. What questions do you have.

I was actually looking for that in the guide, and didn't see it. Was wondering if I was looking at the wrong guide or in the wrong place.
By Galkapryme 2024-05-18 10:24:25  
NVM...found it.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [116 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Yso
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Yso 2024-09-11 02:57:34  
Looking for any ideas for an optimal /BLU set up (max traits), when you have access to Magic Fruit. Read the guide, and it doesn't talk about the specifics in regards to the higher sub job levels.
By Justinjman 2024-09-11 06:00:17  
Stacking MND after setting your needed spells is about the only option you have from BLU traits.
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2024-09-11 10:33:44  
Justinjman said: »
Stacking MND after setting your needed spells is about the only option you have from BLU traits.

I didn't quite understand this.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-09-11 11:48:58  
BLU spells give you stats (STR, MND, HP, MP, etc.) for setting them. You can see these stats in the blue magic setting menu.

He's suggesting that, after a certain point, there are no more useful traits to set, and you should instead prioritize spells based on the stats they give, in this case targeting MND. Presumably to reduce the amount of magic damage you take? Or something.

At this point of optimization, your decisions will have next-to-zero impact so it doesn't realistically matter.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-11 12:04:25  
Wouldnt VIT or HP be more beneficial than MND at that point?
By Justinjman 2024-09-11 13:56:46  
From BG Wiki
Healing Magic Skill acts as a multiplier.
One MND is equivalent to three VIT or five Healing Magic Skill.
1 MND is equal to 1.5 HP and 1 VIT is equal to 0.5 HP.
See the cure formula page for more details.

You may already be at the hard cap though. Prioritizing auto-refresh may be more beneficial. It would take 14 points for a 1 tic refresh but if you've already set everything else why not. Sadly my RUNs master lvl isn't that high and I'm too lazy to do the calculations :)
[+]
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2024-09-11 15:24:22  
Justinjman said: »
From BG Wiki
Healing Magic Skill acts as a multiplier.
One MND is equivalent to three VIT or five Healing Magic Skill.
1 MND is equal to 1.5 HP and 1 VIT is equal to 0.5 HP.
See the cure formula page for more details.

You may already be at the hard cap though. Prioritizing auto-refresh may be more beneficial. It would take 14 points for a 1 tic refresh but if you've already set everything else why not. Sadly my RUNs master lvl isn't that high and I'm too lazy to do the calculations :)

Ty! Thanks to all who posted. Forgot about the raw stats that come with spells. 5 yr break feels like I'm starting new again.